[Weekly - F/Sa] Week In Review

This week was so. So. Very. Long.

I'm at the very tail end of this miserable cold. I didn't take any time off work (and only burned ~7 hours of vacation time last week), but I was definitely not 100%. I'm back up to ~95% today. This was one stubborn sickness.

Fortunately, work was relatively light--enough to stay busy, but not so much that I felt overwhelmed (which is especially good since I was recovering).

This was my older daughter's spring break, so we took her out for pizza and games on Wednesday night. Much fun and pizza was had by all.

My younger daughter and I stayed home from church on Sunday. :(

Got a chance to catch up on some long, long overdue administrative tasks for Tribe of Judah. (Thanks to @The Mighty Gerbil for being patient with me. :))

So yep, that was my week. Woo.

This week was so. So. Very. Long.

I'm at the very tail end of this miserable cold. I didn't take any time off work (and only burned ~7 hours of vacation time last week), but I was definitely not 100%. I'm back up to ~95% today. This was one stubborn sickness.

Fortunately, work was relatively light--enough to stay busy, but not so much that I felt overwhelmed (which is especially good since I was recovering).

This was my older daughter's spring break, so we took her out for pizza and games on Wednesday night. Much fun and pizza was had by all.

My younger daughter and I stayed home from church on Sunday. :(

Got a chance to catch up on some long, long overdue administrative tasks for Tribe of Judah. (Thanks to @The Mighty Gerbil for being patient with me. :))

So yep, that was my week. Woo.

AH! You sicky stay away from me! Don't you know you can spread viruses through the internet! :p

Random thought: You could read your daughter a Bible story on Sunday! The commandment is not to go to church Sunday it's "remember the sabbath and keep it holy". I think you said you watched Church online before too?

Last edited:
Week in Review lives! Though I'm 3 days late posting. Oops!

Last week was fairly mild at work. Definitely enough to keep me busy without overloading.

Had a dental appointment (that I completely forgot) then got hit with a surprise "no show" penalty after I rescheduled and went to my appointment later in the week. As the spouse of a doctor, I understand the penalty, but didn't appreciate the lack of notice.

All family members were healthy last week (woohoo!), but my older daughter has since started coughing again (boo!).

Admittedly, yesterday was probably one of the worst days I've had in years >_<

Just everything kept breaking.

Some details I can't share. The positives is that me and the wifey are doing good and are fine and are in unison on things. Its just rough....

It feels like ever since we went to visit her family in Hawaii a couple of months back, I've been doing 50 hour work weeks and getting drained.

No biggy last week one day was really hard, had 5 hours of driving total for a dental cleaning appointment that was 3 months overdue. Was able to work with a different dentist also to try and get using my partial plate. I found out that I was trying to put it in wrong. Which is why I haven't been able to use it since I got it 6 months ago. My son lost another job, and got another one back in the city he came from, and the renters are not renewing the lease on our property. So April is going to be a doozy. My lady will have to fly to help my son move, them come back and help get new renters and try to get the property ready. To top it all off my wife has a 6 week appointment to check with the Dr to make sure the pre cancer treatment worked the day my son wants her to fly in to help him. I can't fly anymore so it has to be her. I will be holding down the fort sending applications to new renters, and showing the house will be done by the old renter who has been in realty. Prayers anybody?

Prayers going up for @Atown and @ursen. :) Hang in there, guys!

At the risk of sounding cliche...

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
James 1:2-5, ESV

And remember that you don't stand alone!

Yeah, I've been meditating on Fenelon a lot lately:

You need to learn to separate yourself from unnecessary and restless thoughts which grow out of self-love. When your own thoughts are set aside you will be completely in the middle of the straight and narrow path. You will experience the freedom and peace that is meant for you as a child of God. ...

Do not resist what God brings into your life. Be willing to suffer if that is what is needed. Overactivity and stubbornness will only increase your anguish. God prepares a cross for you that you must embrace without thought of self-preservation. The cross is painful. Accept the cross and you will find peace even in the middle of turmoil. Let me warn you that if you push the cross away, your circumstances will become twice as hard to bear. In the long run, the pain of resisting the cross is harder to live with than the cross itself. See God's hand in the circumstances of your life. Do you want to experience true happiness? Submit yourself peacefully and simply to the will of God, and bear your sufferings without struggle. Nothing so shortens and soothes your pain as the spirit of non-resistance to your Lord.

http://www.breakfastwithfred.com/library/fenelon/805/ source for your reading.

Good afternoon, everyone!

This week was fairly standard fare. It's started to feel like spring and it's a good time to be a field tech. Well, when it's not raining, anyway. :) I completed one of my oldest tickets (from late January!) and felt like throwing a small party after. The work itself was brain dead simple, but getting everything lined up was something of a challenge.

The family is healthy, minus my older daughter's sporadic but lingering cough. She hasn't coughed much today, so we'll be keeping an ear out and hoping for the best.

I worked out for the first time in a very long time yesterday and, wow, am I feeling it. I didn't even get that aggressive (warm-up stretches, ~30 minutes of cardio, and a short time in the weight room) and I'm sore. Now that our family has a membership at a local facility with exercise equipment (and a pool!), I'm hoping to work out twice a week. The trouble is finding those opportunities without causing an additional burden on @Ember or her parents (they watch our girls when both of us are at work).

God is good! :)

Rough week still was a thing but hoping that its mostly past now.

My tendinitis has been coming back in spurts but I am hoping to get some new furniture and things to help out with it.

Started reading https://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Ido...8-1&keywords=breaking+the+idols+of+your+heart Breaking the idols of your heart. SO GOOD. I havent had time to finish it but I am so stinking excited and its .....painful to read and walk through repentance but so good ^_^

Working through, i finally zeroed out my email. still have work i need to do but i got to about 80% of it done so im in a good maintenance mode and can work on new projects again finally.

Wife and I have been doing better too just in communication and teamwork. Instead of working in the basement i've been trying to work around the house more with my laptop. I traded my surface pro 1 for a solid dell laptop unit that has been a great blessing. Much easier to work on a couch and bed with than the surface was. I loved the touch features of the surface but, my new unit is oldy but a goody :D

This week.

I survived it. :p

Nah, just kiddin'. It wasn't too bad. Work was still relatively quiet, though that's set to change last week as I'll probably be helping pull equipment from a site before it changes hands.

Spent about 2 hours working on cleaning the house Thursday night. With two adults that work full-time, two children that take over rooms like a Zerg queen, and too much stuff for our space, it's always an uphill battle to keep spaces in our house clean and tidy. So it felt great to "push back the tide," so to speak, and get the dining room cleaned up. Mostly.

Got a tire repaired yesterday morning after 2 low tire pressure warnings in 2 days (the second less than 24 hours after airing the tire back up). Could have been much worse and glad it only cost $15.

@Ember and I met two other couples from our Sunday school class for dinner last night. We had to bring the kiddos for this one and, wow, these children do not lack energy or charm. A great (if loud) time was had by all.

Typing this post and feeling like a real Father of the Year award candidate as my girls are cuddled up together on the couch with an Android tablet and YouTube Kids. (Before you silently judge me, consider that I have a Circle set up on our network to limit my older daughter's online time to one hour a day, even on weekends.)

Got Ziggurat as a surprise gift from QuantumPriest earlier this week. Installed it and hoping to try it out for the first time today. Maybe while the baby naps? Ha ha ha ha ha, just kidding. It'll likely have to be when kids are in bed.

Family is healthy, bills are paid, God is good. :D

Well, my family is mostly healthy, not all of the bills are paid yet but God is good :D

Been a busy week and even busier. Im entertaining some guests from Okinawa and might possibly enter into a business agreement with them. All the while working with 20+ college students and we have graduation parties coming up this weekend and so much more!

Business is okay, winding down some projects that took 80% of my time for 20% of my paycheck..... so im glad to be rid of those projects but i need to find 20% of my paycheck somewhere else now lol.

SATURDAY. WE MADE IT, FOLKS.

I blitzkrieg'd the living room last Saturday and was pleasantly surprised to discover just how good it was for my mental health to have reclaimed a room from my children. War. War never changes. @Ember and I are preparing for an intensive 4-day spring cleaning session next week, so I (probably) won't be around much. You might see me pop in to the CGA Discord server during breaks, though.

Wednesday night was carnival night for the kids at church. I wholeheartedly loathe being in large crowds, so I wasn't a fan of trying to make my way across a gymnasium full of inflatables past massive hordes of excited children. But love means suffering for the ones you love, so I endured. And survived. But wow, was I glad when it was done.

Side note: I am so done with rain. SO DONE with rain. I've lost track of how many times my phone has chirped at me about flash flood warnings this last week. So good to have a few dry days in the forecast.

Our Sunday school class leaders have started giving us homework, which is perfectly reasonable and will probably be a good thing in the long run. But I'm realizing just how little room I have for anything new in our schedule. Nevertheless, I'm going to try to cram a few days worth of study in this evening and hope I fare better next week.

And that's a recap of my week.

Big news this week for me, I finally got sorted out what a mystery appeal was all about that I didn't know I had with the VA. Went to a special C&P appt Monday and talked with the Dr, and we both decided someone had acted for me without my knowledge and that the claim was in error. Today, Saturday, I received a check for my travel also, yay. Now two appeals that are real left to go. I was glad to get that cleared up because another veteran can take up the resources of the VA to get their claim taken care of.

A couple days late, but y'know, whatever. ;)

Found out this week that my paper passes the program. Still gotta go through the defense act next week before graduation the weekend immediately afterward. Nevertheless, that felt good and reassuring. Also ordered our moving containers. Rather than deal with shenanigans and various incarnations of The Struggle, we're just gonna load up into containers and drive in a single vehicle. Will be nice.

Other than that, it was mostly just business as usual. Bossu had a barbecue for the IT department. That was a lot of fun. Got in some D&D yesterday. Aaaand yeah.

This week is a lazy week. Side job didn't pop in. Anyway finished Shantae and the pirate curse game. Someone gave me that game and was very thankful for it. Was very entertaining and reminds me of megaman. I haven't found all the secrets in the game but getting lazy and might just read a walkthrough. Also I found out that my attention is messed up as I got lost all the time in that game. Many times I got into a situation where I don't know where to go. Got to talk to people to bring me back to the right track XD.

This week has actually been super refreshing for me. I managed to condense all of my homework to the hours of 9-5. I have been praying about a solid schedule to emerge for a while, and God has definitely provided! Everything went fast during the week and the weekend was similar :(. Got some good gaming in though which is nice. I built a standing desk from my closet doors, cinderblocks, books, and some wood I had. Its super fun to stand and play games. My legs are still getting used to it though. Still a bit stressed about financial aid, but I know God will provide. Have a blessed week everyone <3

Oh my, I started a reply to this thread while at work, got about 3 lines in, then got sidetracked. I'm home now, but I need to head to bed soon, so I'll post a quick blurb (4 days late, ha).

Last week was my and @Ember's intensive spring cleaning week. We made significant progress, but there's still so very much more to get done. We accomplished both of my major goals for the 4-day session (we both went back to work on Friday), so I feel good about that. Now to maintain and continue that progress in a house with two little adorable little hurricanes on legs...

When I went back to work on Friday, I expected a mountain of tickets in my queue (I work as an IT field tech), but was pleasantly surprised to find only a few additions. Huzzah!

Cleaning efforts will continue this week as we get ready for my parents to visit for Memorial Day. My dad and I have plans to build a fence (*insert manly grunts*) so we'll be outdoors most of the weekend, but we still want a clear (and not embarrassing) place in the house for my parents to sit and chat.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but those are the highlights (that I can remember with ease). Time for bed!

/salute

Been working on a lot of things. working out clients, home life, and getting ready for a business competition this coming week. I'm just not sure what to do most days to be 100% effective and still stay sane.

I'm trying to read more in the mornings since I have a little bit of quiet but its been rough.

Looking forward to a good summer though. we have lots of plans.

Rental property, rental property, ER until 4:00AM, rental property, rental property, loan for rental property, and my son called yesterday to say he is coming in today for an overnight stay to treat us to dinner so crash rush house cleaning which hasn't been done because of RENTAL PROPERTY.

Back