Everyone please read. This is a reminder of the rules on the boards. All new registrations are presented this upon signup and it is therefore assumed you have read and agreed to these terms. All present members must read this so there is no confusion over the rules.
Listed below are the general rules and guidelines for posting on the Christian Gamers Alliance forums. The content of these forums does not necessarily express the views and opinions of the Christian Gamers Alliance, member groups, affiliates or the officers thereof. The content, views and opinions found in the posts are that of the message poster.
It is the member’s responsibility to periodically review the Terms of Service of the Christian Gamers Alliance forums.
There are five levels of warning on the Christian Gamers Alliance forum. They will be used to full efficiency. If the Terms of Service is violated in any way, regardless of your position or standing in Christian Gamers Alliance or affiliates, you will have your warning level raised. When the warning level is raised 5 times it will result in a forum ban. Moderators, administrators or super administrators reserve the right to ban anyone instantly for excessive abuse to the forum. Any post that violates the Terms of Service will be edited or deleted by forum moderators, administrators or super administrators. Notice is not required to edit or delete a post.
Members will not lie or misrepresent age, religious preference, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or e-mail addresses. Please note that anti-spam measures that require a response to a challenge are not supported by these forums and will cause your registration to not be processed. Unconfirmed registrations that are over 30 days old will be deleted. Members agree not to take any information from these forums and post them online at any other forum, chat room, website, message board, group, community, club, web board, etc. Respect your fellow members. You may be a member of these other Internet sites; members here are not. Negative traffic flow from other interactive sites, such as flame wars for susceptible members, is not welcome nor will it be tolerated.
Members will not impersonate any other person or communicate under a false name that you are not or have not been previously registered as, entitled to use or authorized to use. Members will truthfully represent their identity as themselves both past and present. All members are to have their own accounts and not share it with another person.
Conduct and General Posting Rules
1. NO new members account shall be unmoderated without first having a legitimate post approved by a moderator or Administrator. You must post within 7 days of your registration or your registration will be deleted. This is to cut down on the influx of post spammers we have been seeing.
2. Members will not exhibit behavior or interact in a manner that limits, restricts, inhibits or intimidates other members. This includes, but is not limited to defamation, flames, slander, insults, profanity, stalking or giving unsolicited negative interaction with, towards or upon another member.
3. Members will not post or advertise profane, lewd, crude, obscene, pornographic, hateful, condescending or negative words, images, media files or URL/links to other sites in their interaction, to do so is not only unscriptural and ungodly it is illegal.
4. While it is understood that not all members will share a common belief in Christ, members will respect one another and respect the integrity of God's word.
5. Members agree to interact in a topic/thread in a direction that is consistent with the flow and interaction of that thread. Hijacking a thread will not be allowed.
6. Members will not advertise their graphics or websites in an obnoxious manner in their signatures or posts.
7. Lewd references to any issue, including, but not limited to: Homosexuality, trans-sexuality, bisexuality, bestiality, blood-Letting, Self-Mutilation, Satanism, Wicca, Mysticism, Astrology, Agnosticism, Atheism or other forms of occult practices and demonic torments are not permitted or tolerated.
8. Members will not advertise or solicit chain letters, pyramid schemes, "sales pitches," get rich quick scams, etc. This is a nuisance to other members and is illegal.
9. Members agree not to distribute or use any copyrighted material not limited to messages, (including but not limited to text, graphic, media or links to the previous) without the express written permission of Administration.
10. IF you have not received your confirmation e-mail within 48 hours tops please send a mail directly to forums at cgalliance dot org. Let us know the username/ email address you registered under and your birthdate. Once this information is confirmed one of the admin team can help you get a different e-mail address registered so you can complete the process. We suggest yahoo.com, hotmail.com or gmail.com. While their spam filters are aggressive, turning them down, turning them off, or whitelisting our e-mail address is very easy.
11. Any forum member who posts complaints without first trying to resolve the matter privately will have his or her thread locked and/or deleted and possibly receive a warning or temporary ban. [color=red]Added by Tek7 Dec. 10, 2005[/color]
Christian Gamers Alliance Servers
Members will not attempt to illegally access (hack) Christian Gamers Alliance servers, services, copyrighted material, interaction or events in any manner. Should this violation occur, it would be viewed as a serious effort to cause harm with malicious intent; by undermining the authority of Christian Gamers Alliance and other affiliated organizations. It will be reported to each affiliated party as well as other various legal organizations for disciplinary action included but not limited to legal fee reimbursement, damages, and equipment replacement. Noncompliance will result in termination of membership.
Contesting a Decision on an Edited Post or Warning
Please do not contradict a moderator, an administrator or super administrator of the Christian Gamers Alliance regarding a correction in the thread itself. To do so will result in an immediate increase in warning level. This includes, but is not limited to, re-posting the edited or deleted post.
If there should be a time when an edited or deleted post needs to be contested, please follow the steps listed below.
1. Contact the moderator of the forum through a private message and offer an explanation.
2. Wait for the response from the moderator. Moderators will respond within 24-48 hours via private message.
3. Should there be a need for additional considerations, send a private message to the Christian Gamers Alliance administrators with an explanation. The administrators will respond within 24-48 hours via private message.
Should a member feel a post is not compliant with the Terms of Service of the Christian Gamers Alliance forums, please report the post to a moderator through the “Report a Post to a Moderator” link in the thread.
By accepting the Terms of Service of the Christian Gamers Alliance, you agree to abide by the rules and general conduct guidelines expressed therein. You also certify that you are at least 13 years old or have parental approval and consent. All posts are the ownership and responsibility of the poster and do not reflect the opinions or responsibilities of the Christian Gamers Alliance staff or Moderators.