December 30th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
God's Healing Hand

[Jesus] said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease."

-Mark 5:34 (NRSV)

FOR many years I have known that I carry the Hepatitis C virus in my blood. A biopsy of my liver recently indicated that the virus is destroying my liver.

I had to decide whether to have a year of chemotherapy, with all of its side effects, or to ignore the problem and take my chances with liver disease.

I asked God for guidance in my decision. After coming to a sense of God's peace about the treatment, I began chemotherapy. I am now five months into therapy. Although it has not been easy, I have felt uplifted by the Holy Spirit as well as by the prayers and good wishes of family, friends, and church acquaintances. God has spoken to me many times through scripture, hymns, sermons, and Christian writers, reminding me that he will give me the strength to get through this trying time. And I know that as in the past, God will use my healing to help me heal others.

As I write this I do not know the outcome of my treatment. But I do know that Christ has the power to make me whole and strengthen my faith.

Linda L. Fullerton (Georgia, U.S.A.)

Prayer:
O Lord, thank you for your love and healing touch. Help us to be instruments of your healing among your children. Amen.

Back