Announcing ToJ Chainworld!

Has there been any progress with this project?
I've watched a couple of them on YouTube and they do seem interesting, challenging and highly complex if the previous player(s) weren't, well, organized or with some form of skill(s).
Peace!
:cool:

Will this also be in ver 1.9.2?
I know there were others interested before I spok...er...typed up so here's your chance to spea...er type up again before I take a shot!
It's only FAIR this post gets made!
(Or, if you want some backup, a dynamic duo?)
Peace!

I dunno if it's still making rounds. Again, as far as I know, CowRocket has it. I'm fine with upgrading to 1.9 though!

I've had contact with CowRocket, yes. I just thought since there was interest before (I believe it was Lost?) I spoke up thinking I'd keep myself in que just in case. Like I said, it's only fair!
Sure hope Lost isn't, well, lost!

I've had contact with CowRocket, yes. I just thought since there was interest before (I believe it was Lost?) I spoke up thinking I'd keep myself in que just in case. Like I said, it's only fair!
Sure hope Lost isn't, well, lost!
We haven't heard hide nor hair from Lost in a millennia (Well maybe not that long). Go ahead and take it!

I would take a moment to ask that those who have played already please send me a message of anything I'll need to know in order to make the most of what you've done already.
Unless of course this is against the rules of a chain world, in which case don't send me any messages to the inbox.
I haven't gotten the link yet, but I'm sure this isn't forgotten!
And I suppose whomever wishes to be next in line according to the rules of the first post might wanna speak up just in case my day 1 = R.I.P. (My greatest foe is in fact creepers... BOOM!)
LoL

I would take a moment to ask that those who have played already please send me a message of anything I'll need to know in order to make the most of what you've done already.
Unless of course this is against the rules of a chain world, in which case don't send me any messages to the inbox.
I haven't gotten the link yet, but I'm sure this isn't forgotten!
And I suppose whomever wishes to be next in line according to the rules of the first post might wanna speak up just in case my day 1 = R.I.P. (My greatest foe is in fact creepers... BOOM!)
LoL
The general idea is that, besides the signs/books in the world, you have no outside help. But, it's up to you.

You may want to DM CowRocket, so that he gets an email, so that you can get the word.

hmm... i thought i did that already

/me checks gmail.... Yup sent to world to your (BlockHeadLewie's via PM) email 5 days ago.

LoL Yup you did. Thanks!
It was buried a little.
I get WAY too much email!
Well, here goes nada!
Day 1: Preparing to play.
Wondering who's going to get it next.
Peace!

Um, yeah, I died inside a wall when I first logged in also.
So I went ahead and resumed.
Day 2:
Spent 5 game days (maybe 3 hours on and off) working on a roof for the house, gathering some wood and peeking about a little to see what's nearby.
Stupid baby zombies ganged up on me (2 of them) but I managed to get away safely.
Now, 3 and a half hearts down, I'm wondering if I made a mistake!
I'll at least finish that roof!
LOL!

Um, yeah, I died inside a wall when I first logged in also.
So I went ahead and resumed.
Day 2:
Spent 5 game days (maybe 3 hours on and off) working on a roof for the house, gathering some wood and peeking about a little to see what's nearby.
Stupid baby zombies ganged up on me (2 of them) but I managed to get away safely.
Now, 3 and a half hearts down, I'm wondering if I made a mistake!
I'll at least finish that roof!
LOL!
You may want to invest in Golden Apples.

Yeppers, golden apples FTW.
Happened to have a couple apples and there is enough gold for one. Just one. I haven't made it yet, but I keep looking at the gold and remember "Take it slow. There are others depending on you!" Might seriously start looking in the deep, dark, dangerous mine left unto me. I seriously might have to, but I'm scared. Maybe if I made the apple and took it with me and stayed down underground for many days looking for gold...
I musta been deeply engrossed in my excitement I forgot to post! Day 1 was nothing more than install the map and load it to take a peek. I died in the wall, went ahead and re-spawned and continued from there. I located four good spots to collect different wood and have done so on day 2, which includes the tree type required to complete the house properly and gained a few saplings of each type in the process so we wouldn't have to go that far again for the wood. I also collected more seeds to fill the wheat field.
Day 3:
After surveying the land handed down to me I discovered the house is not only on top of a nice hill but is visible from a good distance. There is no more rain falling inside on our heads thanks to a new roof. A walkway now embraces the land from the house to the initial rules/spawning point (past the tree farm) and connects to the animals and mine. Several new signs are now placed. (**best singing voice** "Sign, sign, everywhere a sign!") There is plenty of wood from day 2, today and previous players. Didn't count the number of game days this time but it does take about a game day to walk the entire perimeter of our base home where I'm thinking of placing some fence to give a definite 'safe zone', or at least half as far. The wheat field is completely seeded and wheat and bread supplies are growing. Sugarcane field is expanded, with intent to expand it even farther. The cow count went from 2 to 5 and growing. There is now a chicken pen with 5 chickens. Found one chicken a good ways away (about 200 or so blocks I would guess) and lured it in the pen. Eggs managed to get me 2 chickens out of 10 'splats', seeds did the rest. Went ahead and killed the cows I could find and collected the leather/meat. Preparing to create books with quills.
Oh yeah, and I made some more chests and began sorting out the rather interesting but really nice things left by my predecessors. An organized individual is a happy individual!
Peace!

I
Yeppers, golden apples FTW.
Happened to have a couple apples and there is enough gold for one. Just one. I haven't made it yet, but I keep looking at the gold and remember "Take it slow. There are others depending on you!" Might seriously start looking in the deep, dark, dangerous mine left unto me. I seriously might have to, but I'm scared. Maybe if I made the apple and took it with me and stayed down underground for many days looking for gold...
I musta been deeply engrossed in my excitement I forgot to post! Day 1 was nothing more than install the map and load it to take a peek. I died in the wall, went ahead and re-spawned and continued from there. I located four good spots to collect different wood and have done so on day 2, which includes the tree type required to complete the house properly and gained a few saplings of each type in the process so we wouldn't have to go that far again for the wood. I also collected more seeds to fill the wheat field.
Day 3:
After surveying the land handed down to me I discovered the house is not only on top of a nice hill but is visible from a good distance. There is no more rain falling inside on our heads thanks to a new roof. A walkway now embraces the land from the house to the initial rules/spawning point (past the tree farm) and connects to the animals and mine. Several new signs are now placed. (**best singing voice** "Sign, sign, everywhere a sign!") There is plenty of wood from day 2, today and previous players. Didn't count the number of game days this time but it does take about a game day to walk the entire perimeter of our base home where I'm thinking of placing some fence to give a definite 'safe zone', or at least half as far. The wheat field is completely seeded and wheat and bread supplies are growing. Sugarcane field is expanded, with intent to expand it even farther. The cow count went from 2 to 5 and growing. There is now a chicken pen with 5 chickens. Found one chicken a good ways away (about 200 or so blocks I would guess) and lured it in the pen. Eggs managed to get me 2 chickens out of 10 'splats', seeds did the rest. Went ahead and killed the cows I could find and collected the leather/meat. Preparing to create books with quills.
Oh yeah, and I made some more chests and began sorting out the rather interesting but really nice things left by my predecessors. An organized individual is a happy individual!
Peace!
I think you've done the best out of all of us so far.

I
I think you've done the best out of all of us so far.
Um, now wait a moment. Please, and with all due respect, re-read my name again?
This ain't no lol! This is hope and prayers and unity!
Each of us is a Link in the Chain World and bare our loads. I, erm, don't wish to expose any (game secrets?) to at-present non-players, (I may actually keep a few secrets for, well, the game's sake. hehe) but trust me when I say what's been done so far is the ONLY way I got as far as I have now! In a nutshell, my predecessors managed a solid and stable environment at present. I merely come along and move my piece (turn) and when the next in line steps up to the board can then make their move (turn). A chain is supposedly as strong as it's weakest link, but if each link maintains whatever strength it has then together we end up that much stronger.
This Chain World is, in point of fact, well underway and flourishing. All it needs now is players and time.
Time. Every now and then I remember what that is...
Peace!

I didn't get a chance to do anything yesterday because my wife had my full and undivided attention, so I ran a bit this morning. I don't even really know if I'm supposed to be making these posts, but until I'm told otherwise here's another update (And yes, I'm leaving out a LOT from now on):
Day 4: Finished off the paper mill and making some effort to improve the look of our homestead. Bred cows and chickens, then took down all adults to leave 2 of each again. Decided a fence around the entire area was overkill, so just fenced off some drop offs nearby. Spending much of the time just making things look good and safe. Mobs are making an effort (down another heart) but I'm still kicking! (I ran and ran to get away from a creeper and almost got lost, but thankfully I could see the torches on the roof! Was a crazed skelly who got me though.) I have once again considered that apple and the gold ingots. Not yet, no. Not just yet...
I honestly have an advantage since there were a ton of torches about to reduce spawn as well as what items were left in chests by others. Each player in line will have it just that much easier than the one before due to the efforts we each make. I think this one small fact is what truly makes this a fun project of unity!
I also have to remember to work on my home on the server, too! LoL!
Peace!

I didn't get a chance to do anything yesterday because my wife had my full and undivided attention, so I ran a bit this morning. I don't even really know if I'm supposed to be making these posts, but until I'm told otherwise here's another update (And yes, I'm leaving out a LOT from now on):

I'm fine with the posts, as long as in this thread when you die you don't say "Hey my stuff is at xyz."

Also, if it floats your boat, you can record and upload your experience to YouTube. I found out about chainworlding from YouTube.

I am still working out how to get my recorder to work right, but YouTube will be seeing some uploads soon enough.
There is, if I remember right, a five minute timer on the items dropped at death? Meaning whomever takes over has five minutes before they despawn, right? Sorta leaves a lot of world unexplored for a while, huh? hehe
I forgot to post yesterday, so I'll just do updates w/o the day number lol!
Managed to complete some form of organization of what was already here when I started, and it can be improved on easily enough. Things are now in assigned chests and easier to find with signs marking what is where. Paper is in strong production as well as wheat and four kinds of tree farms, one of which was already established when I arrived.
Been exploring the mine a little as well as making small trips to the East, over a land bridge created by a predecessor. Have collected a few flowers to beautify the homestead. It is now possible to not only make books, but books that can be signed as well. I have already written such a book to be handed down and read by each player and suggest everyone make one as well.
I repeat, so far all I've been doing is a LOT of homestead stuff. I also can't stress enough how I owe my ability to do so to those who came before me. I've barely risked any heavy exploration yet like they must have and when I do, I'm back home by sunset! (Sprint comes in handy hehe) I am, however, beginning to mine for gold (none yet) and have now just 2 and a half hearts left. Why? The stone I was mining started to attack back! I ran home and haven't been back since. That apple is still safe, and considering how much I've done already I'm tempted to leave it that way and allow the chain to continue on.
Speaking of which, who IS next?
Peace!

Back