Prayer for Tek's mom

Ember

Mrs. Tek7
Hi friends,

Please be in prayer for Tek's mom who had a stroke (or sounds like maybe a series of strokes) Monday night/early Tuesday morning around midnight. So far, seems like she's not really responsive, but she's on a lot of meds and it's still early days, so we are really praying she makes a recovery. I don't really know tons of details at this time but I know she'll have a long road ahead of her. Please pray too for her doctors, therapists, Tek's dad, and Tek. Tek's dad especially is a hard worker and has had a lot on his plate. I'll post more details as I know them, but I think for Tek it's a bit of a blur right now. Maybe he will get an opportunity to post more in the coming days. Thank you all for your prayers!

Praying for full and complete healing, wisdom for the doctors and comfort for you and your family. Lifting it all up to Him!

Thanks everyone for the prayers. She is making a bit of progress each day. An update that we'd appreciate prayer for: found out I think yesterday that their insurance has denied any and all rehabilitation services. :( She had to leave the hospital, so she was transferred to skilled nursing (nursing home) today. The Dr has pleaded her case to the insurance company to no avail, so they will be moving forward soon with the appeals process. Please pray she can get the rehab she needs.

May I snarl a little at the insurance company on her behalf as I plead her case before God?

They will abandon and let you die if you have no money and aren't willing/able to spend half your life arguing with them and no I don't exaggerate I speak from experience. In the absence of God only self remains in these people. Stay strong Tek I'm praying for you guys.

I'm praying for a good outcome. Depending on the policy, some don't cover rehab. I used to sell health insurance and there were big differences between policies depending on what people or employers wanted to pay.

Interesting. That's so outrageous. That's something that never crossed my mind. To me that's like saying, "Yes, we see that you have a broken arm, but the bones are remodeling pretty okay, so we don't see any need to reset and cast it. You won't really have a functioning dominant arm, but you can still move it and stuff." That sounds ridiculous but so does this. Hmm. I hope they can come up with some solution then.

On a positive note, we spoke with her on the phone yesterday (speaker phone with FIL and MIL on their end and Tek and me and our two girls on our end) and I was so impressed with how far she's come in just the week since we saw her. Tonight will mark 3 weeks and I was concerned how much spontaneous recovery there would be. But she seems to be doing pretty well from that angle.

Back