Pregnancy And What It Entails

Kendrik

Staff member
So! Superb praise report: My wife is pregnant and, with regard to the baby's stability and all, doing quite well. We're excited. That said, there's the immediately related need for prayer for her well being. She's more or less healthy, but puking a lot and having a hard time expressing/finding happiness about being pregnant while she's so miserable.

And she's still working part time, but it's been challenging at times.

The financial burden at this point falls primarily on me, which is just fine, except I feel like we're treading water and barely scraping by, especially with new expenses. Still, the hardest part is that I constantly feel like I have to choose between being my wife's husband and being my family's provider. My job gives me flexibility of hours, so I can work lots and make more, but then my wife feels lonely and like she never gets to see me. But if I don't work much, then we get extremely limited and barely pay the basic bills.

Figuring out how to navigate this is exceptionally hard. So prayers for that would be great.

Above and beyond all the stress is excitement for the start of our transition from couple to family, so praise be for that.

Being the solo income earner for my family for the past 19 years has been a huge struggle at time. IT IS WORTH IT!!!
Things to remember:
  • Orange Cupcakes (Dunno, they helped my wife stop puking)
  • Money isn't everything
  • You're not Superman
  • You also need time for yourself (don't burnout)
  • Become a handyman/mechanic. Sometimes it's actually fun
  • HE will provide ( I have a few stories about that, Ill share sometime)
I'll add your family to the prayer list, Good luck!

Praise for the transition from couple to family, it is a very interesting transition and requires lots of prayer for the learning curve. Finances? Agree with CowRocket again God is a great provider, let Him be one. Learn to rest in Him. There are other ways to meet material needs, learn them all by asking questions and looking around, don't be shy about checking government and church resources. Whether biological or adoptive there are always transition stresses, let God be God in your life.

Isaiah 41:10 New International Version (NIV)
10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Thanks for the encouragement, ursen. :)

And thanks for the prayers and thoughts to both you and CowRocket! It's very exciting, and my wife is now on a basic anti-nausea medicine that seems to be helping, so double hooray!

Kendrik wrote a LONG reply earlier, but for some reason it must not have been what was needed at the time.

Children are blessings, but God always gives you what you need in His timing......I have an only here on Earth and at least a choir of angels in Heaven. Being one of the few ladies who've been here quite awhile even if not as active as previously, please contact me if your wife "needs someone" outside of the routine people in your lives. (I will give you other easier contact information if you'd like.)

Remember we all have the same amount of time in a day......some days the time is more important than the money others the opposite is true. I've been blessed to mostly be a SAHM ( very little work outside the home for the past 9.5 years......I've done a little from home for a "season" until that season moved us to something else) and there are ways to stretch your budget when needed.

Blessings and Hugs,

Things are going smoothly or smoothly enough to be happy about it. No complications. Nausea still happens, but puking doesn't. We're a few weeks out from finding out the gender. Super excited. We're also getting better at balancing the need to work and the need to be home as well as getting budgets better organized and reigned in, so my stress has improved a bit.

Thanks for the prayers everyone. And thanks for the updates request. :)

Big update! We got the gender-discovery ultrasound today. We're gonna have a boy! Hooray! :D

Also, that boy was unable to sit still for even a second. Constant movement. Major squirming. Got to watch him basically grab his toes amidst it all. Was super great. :D

Just over halfway there, and everything looks good. Praise be!

Back