Anime recommendations (2016 edition)

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I signed up for a 1-year subscription for Crunchyroll for $60 earlier this week.

I skipped nearly the entirety of the last season of anime.

I'm currently watching Orange and eagerly awaiting episode 4.

What anime series that are on Crunchyroll do you all recommend?

I've seen a fair amount (read: a TON) of anime in my time, but throw all your suggestions out there for other folks looking for some good series to watch.

Have you seen Sword Art Online? That was dark but good. Attack on Titan is pretty good as well. Just got a PS4 review code for a game based off of it :)

Have you seen Sword Art Online? That was dark but good. Attack on Titan is pretty good as well. Just got a PS4 review code for a game based off of it :)
I watched the first episode of SAO, but I was turned off by the "virtual reality MMO, die in the game and you die in real life" cliche previously used in .hack (and, I'm sure, several other anime). I've since regretted the decision to dismiss the series so quickly, though, since several people have recommended it. Now that I have a Crunchyroll subscription, I can go back and watch it.

As for Attack on Titan, I watched the first episode of that as well, but the gore turned me away. I'm currently watching Orange and Re:Zero, but I may revisit AoT eventually, if only because it was so absurdly popular.

On the Re:Zero thing on one hand I can totally empathize with the main character being a loser who doesn't do anything T_T. In fact I probably do too much X.X . On the other hand it takes him far too long to get smart and his fear O' dying is so inconsistent and whiny I hated him for most of the episodes, though it seems he is finally changing and it's even a plot point! More importantly while it's been lean on the fan-service YAY (so far but I fear the future), it is yet another, blech, harem anime, glarg. Seriously Japan why you so pervy? Can we please have anime without a fetish list of female supporting characters? You know throw in a greater number of male to female supporting characters, I.E. FRIENDS, who aren't romantic possibilities (or traps GLARG).

I'm also so sick of the "battle babes" mentality, that's not getting into the morals of it, just how trite it is.

Haven't seen Orange, can't comment, don't know what it is.

Last edited:
Back