Christian Gamers Alliance Help Wanted: November 2005

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Life is hectic. Feeling stretched. Will try to keep post (somewhat) short.

Need help:
  • Need people to breathe some new life into our 2005 Daily Devotion forum. It's kinda dropped off recently and I'd like to finish the year out strong.
  • Still need CGA Affiliate Recruiters.
  • Need people to help CGA's own prayer angel, Litsafalda, in putting together and sending out a weekly prayer newsletter.
  • Need someone patient, wise, mature, over 21, and all around super to help Genesis moderate our Religious Discussion forum.
  • Could use a CGA Treasurer. Not urgent, but would be nice. Person has to be over 21, preferably 25 or over.
  • Need pastors, pastors-in-training, and others gifted in teaching to lead Bible studies for CGA's upcoming Bible study program. Not going to put an age cap on this one, but hard to imagine allowing anyone under 18 to teach.
  • Need people to organize a 2006 CGA Convention. I'm not going to plan it, so either somebody else heads up planning the event or there won't be one. Going to be pretty particular when it comes to approving an event coordinator in this case.
  • Need people to print and distribute CGA flyers to give us some press. Would be cool.
  • Would like people to help develop relationships with Christian game developers. Been wanting to reach out to the Christian game development community for a long time, but just haven't had the people in place to make it happen.
  • Want to find people with a heart for outreach to post on other forums, inviting people to get involved on our forums and work out their issues with Christianity. Going to need a mature, wise, super person for this one, too.
  • Need someone to help me dust off and manage the cga-staff and cga-executive Yahoo Groups.
  • It'd be oh-so-nice to have more people idle and chat in #cga on irc.us.gamesurge.net. I'm in there almost 24/7 but it's usually quiet as a casket.
  • Some TeamSpeak server moderators would be nice. Foul-mouthed Christian-haters just love our TS server, it seems.
  • Would like more women to get involved in Lydia's, our ladies-only forums. (If you're a lady and want access to the forum, e-mail or PM Litsafalda with your request.)
  • Could use some help writing and editing several documents for the upcoming Rules & Information forum (especially when it comes to writing a FAQ).
  • It would be groovy to have some wise men and women "on call" for me to ask questions, seek encouragement, advice, and so on. Not so much a formal staff position as just helping me not burn out.
  • Donations to keep the forums online and renew our domain would be nice, too. ^^
  • Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. LOTS of prayer.
That's the list for now. Don't be too surprised if I add to it soon. Sorry that it's not shiny.

If you've been wanting to get involved but weren't sure where to get plugged in, now you have no excuse. Post a reply if you want to help out with any of the above. I'll be watching the thread.

Last edited:
i think TS moderation is something i can help with. ive been lately trying to cut back on my service in certain areas of my life but the TS thing i think i can handle

If you guys are having problems in the TS you can message me on Aim SiriusGD and i will come in once i see the message and deal with it.

Tek with this one I would prefer the ladies coming directly to me if at all possible please. They can email me or pm me here in forums and should have a response most of the time in 24 hours. Thank you for your consideration.
Blessings,"Angel"

******Would like more women to get involved in Lydia's, our ladies-only forums. (If you're a lady and want access to the forum, just send an e-mail to forums AT cgalliance DOT org with your request.)*****

Tek7 said:
Life is hectic. Feeling stretched. Will try to keep post (somewhat) short.

Need help:
  • Need people to breathe some new life into our 2005 Daily Devotion forum. It's kinda dropped off recently and I'd like to finish the year out strong.
  • Still need CGA Affiliate Recruiters.
  • Need people to help CGA's own prayer angel, Litsafalda, in putting together and sending out a weekly prayer newsletter.
  • Need someone patient, wise, mature, over 21, and all around super to help Genesis moderate our Religious Discussion forum.
  • Could use a CGA Treasurer. Not urgent, but would be nice. Person has to be over 21, preferably 25 or over.
  • Need pastors, pastors-in-training, and others gifted in teaching to lead Bible studies for CGA's upcoming Bible study program. Not going to put an age cap on this one, but hard to imagine allowing anyone under 18 to teach.
  • Need people to organize a 2006 CGA Convention. I'm not going to plan it, so either somebody else heads up planning the event or there won't be one. Going to be pretty particular when it comes to approving an event coordinator in this case.
  • Need people to print and distribute CGA flyers to give us some press. Would be cool.
  • Would like people to help develop relationships with Christian game developers. Been wanting to reach out to the Christian game development community for a long time, but just haven't had the people in place to make it happen.
  • Want to find people with a heart for outreach to post on other forums, inviting people to get involved on our forums and work out their issues with Christianity. Going to need a mature, wise, super person for this one, too.
  • Need someone to help me dust off and manage the cga-staff and cga-executive Yahoo Groups.
  • It'd be oh-so-nice to have more people idle and chat in #cga on irc.us.gamesurge.net. I'm in there almost 24/7 but it's usually quiet as a casket.
  • Some TeamSpeak server moderators would be nice. Foul-mouthed Christian-haters just love our TS server, it seems.
  • Would like more women to get involved in Lydia's, our ladies-only forums. (If you're a lady and want access to the forum, just send an e-mail to forums AT cgalliance DOT org with your request.)
  • Could use some help writing and editing several documents for the upcoming Rules & Information forum (especially when it comes to writing a FAQ).
  • It would be groovy to have some wise men and women "on call" for me to ask questions, seek encouragement, advice, and so on. Not so much a formal staff position as just helping me not burn out.
  • Donations to keep the forums online and renew our domain would be nice, too. ^^
  • Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. LOTS of prayer.
That's the list for now. Don't be too surprised if I add to it soon. Sorry that it's not shiny.

If you've been wanting to get involved but weren't sure where to get plugged in, now you have no excuse. Post a reply if you want to help out with any of the above. I'll be watching the thread.
That's a long list. C'mon folks, let's mobilize our resources and all chip in!

I will definitely print and distribute flyers. If I get e-mailed one, you can count on myself, Talon and A-town (yes, I'm volunteering them :) ) to sprinkle them all over the Seattle/Tacoma area. I also would LOVE to contact Christian game companies and try to form a relationship that goes beyond simple advertising, but perhaps leading to affiliation. I could probably help in other places as well if needed. But if you choose to have me begin contacting companies and forming these relationships, that might be enough, because it could involve several elements. Just let me know, and you can always ask for advice anytime you want. I'm no wise man, though, or at least I wouldn't say it (Proverbs 26: 12). ;)

LITSAFALDA said:
Tek with this one I would prefer the ladies coming directly to me if at all possible please. They can email me or pm me here in forums and should have a response most of the time in 24 hours.
Affirmative. Original post updated accordingly.

>> Want to find people with a heart for outreach to post on other forums, inviting people to get involved on our forums and work out their issues with Christianity. Going to need a mature, wise, super person for this one, too.

It would be cool to have a sig button to sport on other forums. Just a thought.

Mr_Slice said:
I will definitely print and distribute flyers. If I get e-mailed one, you can count on myself, Talon and A-town
Click here for a link to a 300 DPI print version of the Christian Gamers Alliance promotional flyer. Print, copy, distribute. Repeat.

If you are willing to print copies of the CGA promo flyer but money is a concern, e-mail me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org and we should be able to work something out.

I printed up some copies of the flyer. I'm going to post them on the base here. I'll work on a link button and a signature block image as well.

Tek7 said:
Need people to breathe some new life into our 2005 Daily Devotion forum. It's kinda dropped off recently and I'd like to finish the year out strong.
Still need CGA Affiliate Recruiters.
Need people to help CGA's own prayer angel, Litsafalda, in putting together and sending out a weekly prayer newsletter.
Need someone patient, wise, mature, over 21, and all around super to help Genesis moderate our Religious Discussion forum.
Could use a CGA Treasurer. Not urgent, but would be nice. Person has to be over 21, preferably 25 or over.
Need pastors, pastors-in-training, and others gifted in teaching to lead Bible studies for CGA's upcoming Bible study program. Not going to put an age cap on this one, but hard to imagine allowing anyone under 18 to teach.
Need people to organize a 2006 CGA Convention. I'm not going to plan it, so either somebody else heads up planning the event or there won't be one. Going to be pretty particular when it comes to approving an event coordinator in this case.
Need people to print and distribute CGA flyers to give us some press. Would be cool.
Would like people to help develop relationships with Christian game developers. Been wanting to reach out to the Christian game development community for a long time, but just haven't had the people in place to make it happen.
Want to find people with a heart for outreach to post on other forums, inviting people to get involved on our forums and work out their issues with Christianity. Going to need a mature, wise, super person for this one, too.
Need someone to help me dust off and manage the cga-staff and cga-executive Yahoo Groups.
It'd be oh-so-nice to have more people idle and chat in #cga on irc.us.gamesurge.net. I'm in there almost 24/7 but it's usually quiet as a casket.
Some TeamSpeak server moderators would be nice. Foul-mouthed Christian-haters just love our TS server, it seems.
Would like more women to get involved in Lydia's, our ladies-only forums. (If you're a lady and want access to the forum, e-mail or PM Litsafalda with your request.)
Could use some help writing and editing several documents for the upcoming Rules & Information forum (especially when it comes to writing a FAQ).
It would be groovy to have some wise men and women "on call" for me to ask questions, seek encouragement, advice, and so on. Not so much a formal staff position as just helping me not burn out.
Donations to keep the forums online and renew our domain would be nice, too. ^^
Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. LOTS of prayer.

Count me in for the stuff I bolded, I'd be happy to help wherever you need me in one or two of those areas. I can teach, be flame-bait on other forums (errr... recruit :D), but in general, I'm just a good guy who has provided counsel to folks in need plenty of times before.

EDIT: I had bolded the Lydia's thing, but then took it out as I realized most people would miss it as a joke.

Last edited:
[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
Count me in for the stuff I bolded, I'd be happy to help wherever you need me in one or two of those areas. I can teach, be flame-bait on other forums (errr... recruit :D), but in general, I'm just a good guy who has provided counsel to folks in need plenty of times before.

EDIT: I had bolded the Lydia's thing, but then took it out as I realized most people would miss it as a joke.

What's wrong with you Bill? :eek: You forgot to bold the most important and easiest one, Prayer. :D

I think I may have most of this one covered for the time being. I could always use a backup or two for the Prayer of the Week section as inspirations are not always when needed.

Need people to help CGA's own prayer angel, Litsafalda, in putting together and sending out a weekly prayer newsletter.

Blessings,"Angel"

I'm still seeking new staff members in all areas mentioned in my first post.

I'll be contacting the following members (who expressed an interest in helping out):
  • Atown
  • Sirius
  • Mr_Slice
  • [toj.cc]WildBillKickoff

Back