What's in your PC?

|CoR|Braveheart

I am going to build a mid range gaming PC pretty soon, i want to know what you guys have and what do you guys think of those SFF, mATX PC's?

Last edited:
Core Duo, 8800, 2 gigs of memory(with false advertising by newegg, those scum.).

Never heard of SXX pcs...

I wouldn't use micro ATX... I have a full size motherboard inside of this

It is a smaller case but feels pretty roomy inside. The temperatures run a little higher then my previous case (which fell apart after 1 year in a dorm).

My Rig(s):

Adria (my desktop):
Dual Core Opteron 165 (1.8GHZ)
2GB DDR400 CL2
Nvidia Geforce 7900GS
500GB Hitachi Hard Drive
2x 160GB Hitachi in Raid 1
Hauppage pvr500 (I dont like having a seperate tv)

Zeth (My laptop)
2GHZ Core Duo
1GB Ram
120GB Hard disk

Zyrah (renegade server testbed):
2x PIII 1GHZ
1GB Ram
2x 73GB Cheetah 10k RPM drives in raid 1

Zyria (VPS Share 1/4):
(Not really a personal computer but it is nice :p)
2x Xeon E5320 (1.83Ghz)
512MB

dkestop:
Dual core socket 939 Athlon 64bit 3800+
2GB DDR400
Radeon x800 Graphics card
200gb hard drive
dual 17" monitors
All inside my custom wooden case :D

My Rig(s):

Adria (my desktop):
Dual Core Opteron 165 (1.8GHZ)
2GB DDR400 CL2
Nvidia Geforce 7900GS
500GB Hitachi Hard Drive
2x 160GB Hitachi in Raid 1
Hauppage pvr500 (I dont like having a seperate tv)

Zeth (My laptop)
2GHZ Core Duo
1GB Ram
120GB Hard disk

Zyrah (renegade server testbed):
2x PIII 1GHZ
1GB Ram
2x 73GB Cheetah 10k RPM drives in raid 1

Zyria (VPS Share 1/4):
(Not really a personal computer but it is nice :p)
2x Xeon E5320 (1.83Ghz)
512MB

Oh crap! where did you get the money!?

Desktop: Split 50/50 with my dad
Laptop: Present for high school graduation/college, I paid something like 1/3 of it.
Zyrah: Picked up for 100 dollars or so
Zryia: Paid for monthly via hosting provider (I don't actually own it, I just rent 1/4 of it)

Once you start working, you can accumulate alot of money. I had about 3k going into my first year of college... Almost 1k of that has gone into books :\

Once you start working, you can accumulate alot of money. I had about 3k going into my first year of college... Almost 1k of that has gone into books :\

Yeah i am going to have so much money pretty soon, i am 15 and i have had a job for the last 3-4 years and now i have another job, woohoo!

My Rig(s):
Nvidia Geforce 7900GS

We have the same video card... ;)

Geforce wasn't my primary choice, I was hoping for a X1900 but my power supply wasn't "efficient".

Also didn't mention, though not a huge difference in PC hardware:

FSP Group FX600 Watt PSU

My new computer. This thing has run Bioshock, the Unreal 3 Demo and just about every new game I've thrown at it flawlessly. Waiting for the Crysis demo next week to really test it out.

Vista OS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
8800 GTS 320mb
2gb ram
500gb hdd

My new computer. This thing has run Bioshock, the Unreal 3 Demo and just about every new game I've thrown at it flawlessly. Waiting for the Crysis demo next week to really test it out.

Vista OS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
8800 GTS 320mb
2gb ram
500gb hdd

I bet it does. The CPU and Video Card is almost $300 each, pretty cheap...
I had to pay over $500 for my 4GB ram. :(

www.half.com. This semester alone, I saved about $300 on books. The total cost would have been nearly $550, and that's for 10 books. 2 of the books together made up about 60% of the cost.

Waiting for the Crysis demo next week to really test it out.

Did it work?

The demo isn't out till I think Friday so I'll find out then. I actually got the system pretty cheap, got a prebuilt system on a big sale with a friends employee discount and the 8800 I purchased with his discount for I think $250. I think total it was around $900 which I'm not sure I could have built it for that cost.

Vista OS
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
8800 GTS 320mb
2gb ram
500gb hdd
That just might be what i am getting, just the bigger GTS.

Back