Dear Tek... (Tribe of Judah Edition)

Zazzy

Since it's here...

Dear Tek,
I love how this is a place to connect Christian gamers together so we can play games together. And I love how we connect them together not just for a few games, but many.

However, I feel a little out of place now that I am trying to give up on PC games and go to console games. I see there is an Xbox Live chapter, but no PS3 chapter :(

Any chance of creating a chapter to connect us PS3 gamers? I get oh so tired of playing Call of Duty 4 online with people who constantly curse and really aren't pleasant all around. I'd love to connect with some Christian PS3 gamers.

Since it's here...

Dear Tek,
I love how this is a place to connect Christian gamers together so we can play games together. And I love how we connect them together not just for a few games, but many.

However, I feel a little out of place now that I am trying to give up on PC games and go to console games. I see there is an Xbox Live chapter, but no PS3 chapter :(

Any chance of creating a chapter to connect us PS3 gamers? I get oh so tired of playing Call of Duty 4 online with people who constantly curse and really aren't pleasant all around. I'd love to connect with some Christian PS3 gamers.

I know I am not Tek, but I will respond to what you wrote...you see...I have tried getting chapters up for other games I play and such, but the problem lies in getting others to join. There is no reason to have a PS3 chapter, if you are the only one in it... I am not saying that no one would join it, but if you are serious about creating a chapter, get about 10-15 to join you first, and then go at it, and then you would have a chance... I think you have a really good idea, but unlike you, I am not a big console gamer anymore, I have done a complete 180 to nothing but PC...so...sorry, but I won't be joining you...

I created this thread to clip posts from the thread in CGA General Discussion with a similar title. Posts moved here ask questions related specifically to Tribe of Judah.

Our Xbox Live Chapter is the first leg of a larger plan to expand into multiplayer console gaming. As multiplayer console gaming becomes more and more common, I want to make sure that Tribe of Judah builds a community for console gamers to parallel the community we've built for PC gamers (while remaining a single, cohesive group).

I've discussed the possibility of starting PS3 and Wii chapters with our current staff; the general consensus is that the idea is a great one, but we would need additional staff to add chapters for new consoles.

Now that the PS3 seems to be picking up more steam (and not flailing like a $600 George Foreman Grill), I believe a PS3 chapter is viable.

As for a Wii chapter, I think it would be best for our staff to focus on other projects until Nintendo announces a hard release date for Mario Kart Wii. MKW will probably be the first major online title for the Wii, just as Mario Kart DS was the first major online title for the DS.

As things stand now, we have a very limited number of active staff members, so I'm hesitant to take on new projects unless a member passionate about starting new chapters or guilds steps up and dedicates himself or herself to the task.

Any chance of creating a chapter to connect us PS3 gamers?
Most certainly.

All it will take a Tribe of Judah member in good standing to step up and volunteer to lead a Playstation 3 Chapter. That member will then be responsible for recruiting new member, appointing staff, and overseeing the development of the chapter.

I have tried getting chapters up for other games I play and such, but the problem lies in getting others to join.
XionTawa speaks truth.

It's not difficult to create a new chapter (though it does take time); it can often be difficult to bring in the first 5-10 active members and help the chapter grow from that point forward.

I am not saying that no one would join it, but if you are serious about creating a chapter, get about 10-15 to join you first, and then go at it, and then you would have a chance
I wouldn't say you would need 10-15 people, but having even 3 members pledging to actively play with other chapter members would serve as motivation to invest the time and effort it takes to get a new chapter rolling.

Dear Tek

You're the man! Get back in IRC!
Yessir.

/salute

I haven't been in IRC consistently since I took my desktop computer offline after the move from St. Louis to Springfield. I'll be moving again soon and hope to have my desktop computer back online before Jan. 3.

Now that the PS3 seems to be picking up more steam (and not flailing like a $600 George Foreman Grill), I believe a PS3 chapter is viable.
A $600 George Foreman Grill that folds proteins faster then almost all Desktop PCs (lol).

I vote Zazzy for PS3 Chapter leader!

<although I secretly hope he gets bored and comes back to WOW>

Tek, I'm all about a Wii group. But may I suggest that we have a trial run when Smash Bros. comes out early 08? It may or may not give us the kind of group Mario Kart will, but I think it might help guage interest. Also, as we see how viable such a thing is, we may bring in more people who are looking for other Christians to play who we might miss if we sit on the idea until Mario Kart (which could be who knows how long). If nothing else, we could just schedule a Tuesday Smash at random and see how many matches and people we can get in.

Tek, I'm all about a Wii group. But may I suggest that we have a trial run when Smash Bros. comes out early 08?
Excellent idea. I had completely forgotten about Smash Bros. Brawl.

I never enjoyed any of the previous Brawl games myself, so I'll sit out this iteration as well, but, judging from the hype surrounding the game, it could be a solid "gateway" game to help start a Wii Chapter.

EDIT: By the way, I'll be back on the forums, searching for volunteers to head up a Wii chapter a few weeks before Smash Bros. Brawl hits the streets. If anyone wants to volunteer ahead of schedule, that's fine by me, too.

Last edited:
I'm willing to help out a bit getting things organized and all.
Send me a PM or e-mail with a basic plan for starting a Wii chapter. We can go from there. :)

I'll try to put something together some time soon. I'm starting a new position at work this coming week so it might not be for a week or two until I can sit down and figure something out. But if someone else already has an idea for this, feel free to throw it out there.

Back