Kristeen's New UI! (Ask Questions If You Like!)

So like I said its essentially the same UI, except the memory footprint. The one at the top of the thread used 50 megs where as you can see on this one it uses 11meg and even less if I turned a few other non-essentials off.

Here are the main ingredients:

oUF - Tuk modded unitframes/raidframes
tMinimap - minimap mod
OmniCC - cooldown counter
ForteXorcist - DoT/HoT timer
tPanels - Block/Panels/Game Info
Bartender4 w/ ButtonFacade_Caith - Bar Mod and Glossy buttons
Auditor2 - Tracks incoming/outgoing moneys between toons, a checkbook registar basically.
!ClassColors - Allows you to adjust the default Character colors on Unitframes
CargBags w/ CarBags_Nivaya - Bag mod w/ filters

My version with everything loaded runs at about 20 megs. The original version of this UI w/ everything loaded weighs in at a hefty 700kb-1meg.

I switched from Pitbull4 to these Unitframes and it made a huge difference in performance. Pitbull uses dogtags for stat display which eats memory, the oUF frames use .lua text which uses none.

Unless you know how to mod .lua files, I wouldn't mess with this one.

I think some of you enjoy spending your time mod'ing your UI more then playing the game. And that is ok!

I have to do something to occupy my time in-game since my connection sucks. I tried doing the fire guy on 10 man VoA yesterday using the stock UI with Alhana and I dced like 50 times.

But get this, I tanked VoA on Theros and Healed VoA on Seinna w/o 1 hiccup using my modded UI w/ no issue. Started off using the modded UI w/ Alhana and it was dc city.

Usually I fix my UI when i start disconnecting randomly.. but I have to change it almost every month because I also get bored. It's kinda fun! Also, I like yours Theros, it is cleaner than mine, so far I am in love with my new setup.

Sandman, can you explain your UI set up in this video? what are you using and what set-up gives you the dark section at the bottom for all the ui's? any info would be awesome! thx

Bald Guy wanted me to comment on my UI in another thread about mounts and thought it was more appropriate over here. I hate the default UI and the clutter that happens when you start adding mods so I tried to keep everything in nicely defined sections of my screen that freed up a lot of space to just see what is going on. Which is very useful when tanking.

I use CT Mod to modify the viewport and give the black area at the bottom. I also use CT Mods to remove the blizz UI elements that I don't like. Fubar is at the bottom and the Unit Frames are XPerl. Recount, Omen, Grid/Grid Mana bars, Decursive, ChatMod, PallyPower, Trinket Menu and QBar. I run a lot of other mods that aren't pictured too like Auctioneer, outfitter, onebag/bank, dbm, quest helper, SCT and such.

Click to view at my screen resolution

Nice UI guys, my favorite part of MMOs is the UI and tweaking it.

Cgamer = 11meg vs Sandric = 115 meg hmmm, I have to say I love Cgamers and it wins the minimalist contest hands down. Both are great however :)

Hey Sandric when you setup the viewport like that, does it make all your screenshots w/o the UI have a black bar on the bottom?

Last edited:
Cgamer = 11meg vs Sandric = 115 meg hmmm, I have to say I love Cgamers and it wins the minimalist contest hands down. Both are great however :)

Hey Sandric when you setup the viewport like that, does it make all your screenshots w/o the UI have a black bar on the bottom?

Taking out Auctioneer and QuestHelper frees up a lot of memory. Yes, it does leave a black bar at the bottom if I Alt-Z and take a screenshot.

Hey Sandric if you switch from Questhelper to Carbonite, you'll drop about 7-14megs of memory use and if you switch from Auctioneer to AuctionMaster or Auctionlite you'll decrese memory usage by another 10 or so.

oh man, Carbonite was like the greatest Addon ever. I almost think about coming back to WoW just to be able to play with Carbonite again. I loved Auctionater much more then the others. It was very straight forward and a low mem usage.

Last edited:
Yea I was using auctionater the buy feature alone made it worth it, the recent revision changes made it incompatible w/ lil'sparky's workshop and skillet, plus it only has fast scan which I cant use b/c of dialup suckage.

I loved Auctionator though.

Hey Cgamer, is there really no DSL in your area still? Or is it the cost? It seems like these days DSL with all their specials is just as cheap as dial-up per month now.

It is as cheap as dialup but still no dsl in my area.

DSL stops about a mile from my house. The new UVerse fiber optic lines have been in the ground since last summer and the poles are less then 4/10th of a mile from my house, I can see them from the front yard...AT&T = suckage

I feel your pain, I have 80mb fiber within 500 yards of my house but still hasn't made it here heh. Seriously tempted to go buy the fibers and media converter on my own dime just to get rid of this satellite.

Back