The Power of God

of course! we would never intentionally hurt or belittle someone. We will of course gives encouragement.. and Dea can make you Minion cookies!

yes, please do share (tho, since I can't get at a computer for a while I might have to leave the encouragement to dredd and stc until I get back)

Thanks for the encouragement to share my testimony. I've been thinking about it lately and there's a few different ways I could share it. It could be a super long rambling story with all the different aspects explained. Or I could tell the basic truth which might bring more glory to what God has done. Working on it!

OK Heres My Testimony its kinda long and kinda vauge do to the possible aduance pst me in game if u want to kno more.

so
i was born in and raised in a christain home and got "saved" at 3 but i didnt kno wat it really ment till a youth camp the summer after my 6th grade year and i was pump for god people had said all along i had a call on my life this is when i found out that i was/am called to be a youth pastor. i had a friend whose mom had died during our 7th grade year and the funreal was the day before and i felt like god was telling me to tell him that god loved him(he was an athesist) so i grabd himand gave him a hug and said ill pray for you and god loves u and i love u to man. the next day he saw me and was crying he said " cameron i dont kno who this god is or wat he did, but i have my dads 9mm(its a gun) to my head about to end it and a peace came over me like no other and cam I WANT THIS!!!!" i lead him to chirst right there in the hall way. now think how many lifes have u effected eternally for not doin wat christ told u to ? now let contunue my story. everything was going good till september 8th my 8th grade year when my grandpa(who was everything to me) died at that point i said screw you god im through with u .i said i quit and i chose to live the drugs/sex/rocknroll lifestyle. i got wrapped up in addictions to lust girls and drugs(sincei have been deliverd form drugs) the start of my 11th grade i met my friend(the suicide guy from 7th grade he had moved and i hadnt talked to him in 4yrs) again he didnt kno my grandpa died cause i never told him. he saw me and said "cameron jesus loves you" i said "yeah i kno jesus loves u 2"(but i was playing church not caring who i hurt or how i did it ) he looked at me and said" NO Jesus loves You Get Over your grandpa and Live right stop lieing and doin drugs and lusting after every girl u see, UR Called to Be a Youth Pastor So START ACTING LIKE IT!!!!" i turned and walked off cause i didnt want to face reallity. that night i spent all nite praying. and got right w/ god. nows the awesome part. when i asked god to prove my call cause i wanted to be rich not a youth pastor. btw dont test god cause he will come through. #1 i was on a computer game talking to some christain guys about my addictions and they said to go to a bible college and listed some well the college i was going to go to in 7th grade when i was living right was #2 on his list(i thought ahh internet no big deal) #2 i was sitting at spring retreate and i had had enough of not being able to have a relationship with out messing it up cause of my addictions so i talked to howie (my youth pastor <3 u howie) and we prayed about it and i said "god u want me to be a youth pastor then make me forget these memories and images i dont need to be remembering by MORNING. well god showd himself again and i forgot them before i was done praying(i thought ahh no big deal a memory lasp). #3 and this one the coolest one ever i was home alone and i said" god u want me to be a youth pastor then ILL GIVE YOU ONE WEEK to have some one call me on the phone and use me to help them with a problem. well god slaped me in the face and some one called me before i was done praying.GOD IS AWESOME!!!! now how i was used and the power of god. i went on a mission trip to holyoke,CO and it was awesome god put someone in my life that i and so thankfull for we hung out all week and talked about god and how cool he is, but on the way up there i told her my testiimony and she said "i want to be a friend that people come to for help and ask to pray for them." i said if ur motives are right and your heart is pure god will use you. i prayed that god would use her and the next 2 days 5 people came to her with problems and asked her to pray for them. i was so blessed in being able to help "my kids " the 5or 6 people all young form 13-15 years old who show me gods grace and mercy every day. ( i <3 all u guys and girls). when we were up there my dad got sick and it really scared me cause every year for the past 17 years of my life some one close has died or moved away and i cant find them. and nothing bad has happened yet this year so it scareed me well the girl i mentioned earlyer saw i was upset even though i said i wasnt and prayed with me. we went to the canyon and i was sitting on a cliff and i said "god u know im scared let me kno it will be ok?" and god said " you ask 'dwill it be ok' look around at all i made for you, wat ive done for you, and wat i brought you through and am using u for and u ask 'will it be ok ' i made it i control it all" well he has a piont (i didnt worry after that)

Thank you sooo much for sharing. I love hearing about God working and his children. I pray that God may make you a blessing to others.

Jesus Loves you Lots: Praise God for your salvation! He is faithful to complete the work He has started.

Jesus Loves You Lots: Great testimony thank you for it. It is always awesome to hear how good God is to everyone :)

To our Guild: I am so glad to see this thread still surving...keep up the good work all.

It's good to see this thread still here...I will be adding to it when I get time...but surely someone else can testify as to the POWER of GOD

Here's a testimony for you:

God is so amazing that I, without having ever witnessed what I believe to be an uncommon miracle, am able to consider myself Christian.

Now that's something, right?
-.o

Mind you, I wasn't born into a Christian family; I converted from... who knows what o.0

Amicus Dei of [FoG];335767 said:
Here's a testimony for you:

God is so amazing that I, without having ever witnessed what I believe to be an uncommon miracle, am able to consider myself Christian.

Now that's something, right?
-.o

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Better than a doubting Thomas! HeHe

Amicus Dei of [FoG];335767 said:
Mind you, I wasn't born into a Christian family; I converted from... who knows what o.0
Me too :)

1 Corinthians 1 :26-31
For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his presence.
But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

I wanted to give the Lord praise after looking for over a year the Lord gave me a good Job. Although I have a bit less time i really wanted Sundays off all the time and the Lord Bless i now have Sundays off and i get paid more so the lord Blessed!

/bump

Our God isn't sleeping, He hasn't put his glory on hold, He is still working in our lives! Lets continue to share our testimonies. Even if not life changing or incredibly miraculous, we should share what the living God is doing in our lives.

Matthew 24:14 said:
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Revelation 19:10 said:
Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Currently God is paving the way for me to go to my college of choice, William Jessup University. I'm waiting on a financial packet sometime this week, but everyone knows I'm gonna go there. My admissions counselor said "As far as I'm concerned, you're going." So hopefully that means she knows more than me, cause I think I need ~23k more moneys. =D

But its so exciting to glimpse the future God has for me and to consistently get confirmation that Jessup is where I'm gonna be. Also its GREAT knowing my post-high-school plans since everyday I see and hear the chaos and panic of my classmates trying to figure out college madness. But I have no worry, other than how long it'll take before I go there ;)

I'll bump this again.

This is my third semester at school and it has been everything I could have asked for and more. Classes have been great and I'm in the on-campus apartments this year, which means I have a kitchen! (I love to cook) But I've also been struggling a little bit with the differences from last year. Last year I was a freshmen living in the dorms which was a ton of fun and we would often take nightly trips out for tacos or frozen yogurt or go on walks in the cool of the evening. This year has been different. Most of my friends stayed in the dorms, so I'm a few minutes walk from where they live and we either haven't done too many off-campus activities or I haven't been around to be included. So it's been a little difficult dealing with that.

On top of that God hasn't stopped working in my life. Which is both good and not so good because as much as He is building up, He is also tearing down, which is painful. But the good news is God is asserting Himself as King in my life. And I'm finally beginning to realize what it means to give up control over my life - which is both an intoxicating and terrifying thought. I know God will have His way with me, I can see that throughout my history, but knowing that He wants to be part of my daily routine and giving Him permission to do that is exciting but scary at the same time. But he is my King and I owe Him more than my life, something I can never repay, yet He chooses to dwell with and in me because HE wants me. That encourages me more than anything else right now.

Hopefully this got through to someone; that is the point of sharing the glory of God right? Does anyone else care to share what God is doing with them? I know He hasn't stopped finishing the good work He has started in each one of you.

-Stc

Nice /bump.

Glad to see the glory of God shining in your life. Has it been that long since you went off to school? How can that be?

I know I'm not a Guild War person, but I read everything looking for posts for Facebook. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing.

If I shared what God is/has done in my life over the past year, you'd be here reading it and miss a weeks worth of classes or more! :)

Haha, that actually might be better than learning how to write a paper I am going to try my hardest never to write and that I already know how to write and have been doing it for the past 4 years...

And Abba, it's been about 3 months now. We just finished midterms and advising for classes for next semester has already started. It doesn't seem like a long time, but I feel like I've been here for DAYS.

miracles

amazing testimony.. God is truly incredible.. i was once an athiest..i have encountered a miracle myself.

here it is:

Tommy Baker
my testimony

This is the testimony of how i almost died and the lord saved me(again; spiritually the first time.. physically this time).

I am an 18 wheeler driver for UPS. i work and live in San antonio and every night i drive to Mcallen texas, which is the very south Texas.
Like Every night, i was driving to Mcallen, and i had been driving about 4 hours. I arrived in mcallen and i was about 2 blocks from the main UPS hub in mcallen. I was at a red light waiting for my arrow to turn left.

In my peripheral I could see something coming up Way too fast. When i turned to look.. BANG.. a driver of a pickup truck Tboned me!.. He was going about 40-50 miles an hour.

I was rocked pretty hard.. and Immediately the tractor (Ups vehicle) went up in flames. our fuel tank sits right below us drivers. I could see HUGe flames outside of my window..
Man.. i was freaking out.. i proceeded in a panic to try to exit the passenger side... My Seatbelt was stuck...
At this time the flames started to come into the cab(thru floorboard door i think) I really was TERRIFIED beyond imagination at this point. You know how in the movies they say your life passes before your eyes.. Well it really happened.. i saw my childrens faces before me.. and i KNEW this WAS IT! My life is over!
I started to weep and i layed my head back and proceeded to pray! I remember i just kept praying over and over.. "please Lord dont let me die like this" when i finished praying.. i couldnt believe it..
SNAP! my seatbelt came off. Sheer joy flooded me.. i lept to the passenger side as fast as i could.. crawling and scratching .. i reached the passenger side on my belly, pushed open the door. and tumbled out onto the street..
I got up.. and started to run away from the vehicle.. I took 2 , maybe 3 steps and then BOOM! (im not kidding just like something out of diehard) the Cab exploded. i turned around(in tears) and saw the cab was a HUGE ball of fire! Man.. praise God. i finished getting away from tractor and collapsed in a parking lot. i was on my face Praising God and crying when the ambulance arrived..
I had one scratch on my elbow.. thats it! no smoke inhilation.. no burns.. nothing! praise God. I know the lord saved me that night.. and it still brings chills everytime i tell this story.. sometimes i get emotional.

Here is the best part! a week after my accident i was walking thru Barnes and Noble with my daughter!. I was walking past a group of people standing around in a circle having a conversation.. and i heard " I dont think God does miracles anymore. i think thats just the old testament".. i couldnt believe i was hearing that. it was almost like God had placed me there that day..
Needless to say.. i turned to the group.. and said.. im sorry i didnt mean to eavesdrop.. but i want to tell you a TRUE story that happened one week ago TODAY!. and i told my story to the group. a couple of guys were moved and touched and SAW the mercy and LOVE that God has for us.. it was amazing

Anyway that is my testimony.. Hope God uses it to bless someone

Back