Guild Wars 2 Download Link

the emails are going out - I'm in the middle of the download now. Earlier today I could not get in. There were over 188,000 files to download. 92,000 left to go - 8.5gig so far - nearly four hours and still downloading.

Still not done downloading the client - but I came across this and wanted to share it.

Helpful Tip: Be sure to keep your client updated throughout the week to ensure that you can participate in the test. To keep your client updated, simply double click GW2.exe. Any updates will be downloaded and applied automatically. If you can access the Login screen, your client is fully updated and ready for the event!

If you would like to have Guild Wars 2 download overnight or need to repair Guild Wars 2, please try the following instructions:

Locate your GW2.exe file.
Right-click the file and select Create shortcut.
Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
Locate the Target line and add –image to the end.
Example: C:\Games\Guild Wars 2 Beta\gw2.exe –image
Click Ok.

Once completed, double click Guild Wars 2 Repair to start the download. Once the game has been fully downloaded, the client will exit back to Windows. When you are ready to play, simply double click on GW2.exe to start the game.

Note: You are not able to actually start Guild Wars 2 from the shortcut Guild Wars 2 Repair. You must use GW2.exe.

Apparently they are still updating the game as we download. So we will have to do checks all weekend long.

Done - loaded - just having the screen flash up and the music roll was exhilarating!

Thanks for the direct link, XionTawa. I couldn't log in to the forums, and it was nice to be able to get going on the download while I'm waiting for my support ticket to go through.

So I downloaded it, it opened the GW2 window, and I closed it. I tried reopening it, but it started the download all over again. Did I do something wrong?

That may just be the upgrades. I have had new downloads every time I started it. That would be about five times now - I just like hearing the music.

It's not just upgrades. It starts from the 187k+ files d/l. Mine did that too, until I copied and pasted it into a new folder on my desktop, and then made a shortcut also.

The beta forums give a great description of what to do after you d/l it. I did what they suggested.

edit: and yes, I start the game, too ^_^ it's sooooo exciting!

lol - that is a sad sad story - all of us sitting around starting a game that doesn't exist yet - just so we can hear the music and have a momentary high - does this border on awe and reverence?

After the first download, I ran it until it stopped updating. I've updated a couple of times each day for the past couple of days. I did the -image method, which is how I kept my two GW accounts updated.

Back