Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mann Vs Machine Update

The Mighty Gerbil is offline Tribe of Judah Team Fortress 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Forums User Administrator
    a synthetic habitat enclosure... ok a cage
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeman View Post
    Oh bother .

Tek Gamesevers has confirmed the rate is locked so we can change. I just need to get your ok. I'm not sure how it works or if we will get a full billing cycle if we change it now but better to change it before interest wanes.

Edit: Of course the longer we wait the more stable the update becomes XD .
    Last edited by The Mighty Gerbil; August 18th, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

Signature credits to Blackbeard

Tek7 is offline CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
    I don't know if MvM will be popular long enough to justify another $5 a month. But if you or others are willing to spend the money and if you have it in writing from GS that our rate is locked in, you're welcome to upgrade.

And yes, the link you posted to the Support ToJ page is still current.

# "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for God's glory." 1 Corinthians 10:31, HCSB
    # Planning an Amazon.com purchase? Support the CGA by shopping the Christian Gamers Alliance aStore!
    # Find me on Backloggery, Battle.net, Desura, Facebook, Google+, PlayStation.com, Quake Live, Raptr, Steam, TeamSpeak, Twitch.tv, Twitter, and YouTube

It's an interesting game mode but ends up feeling like grinding. Bots really aren't smart enough to make it fun over and over and over. If they pulled a L4D move and let real humans play the bot it would be a lot more fun. That would take some tweaking of bot HP but would make 32 slot servers a lot more useful. It's fun a few times with a group of friends but things like the tank health dictate you have to play certain classes and makes the game too predictable.

The Mighty Gerbil is offline Tribe of Judah Team Fortress 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Forums User Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeman View Post
    It's an interesting game mode but ends up feeling like grinding. Bots really aren't smart enough to make it fun over and over and over. If they pulled a L4D move and let real humans play the bot it would be a lot more fun. That would take some tweaking of bot HP but would make 32 slot servers a lot more useful. It's fun a few times with a group of friends but things like the tank health dictate you have to play certain classes and makes the game too predictable.
    Ditto. It needs to have adaptive or random elements added. L4D works better because you don't know the enemy spawn points on the map. In MVM everything appears to be pretty much out in the open. It does have a difficulty setting though I've heard it makes the AI aim absurd which should never the way to make a difficultly level harder.

I need to go play a few more games to properly assess the game mode before buying into it.

It's set up. Play it to your heart's content until September 10th when we go back to a 24 man server.

1. Our server will be running Mann vs Machine for a bit, except on Tuesday.
    2. Password while in MVM mode is Godrules .
    3. You are welcome to start games and invite friends, whom you know can behave, but the player limit is 6.
    4. You cannot get the new item drops playing this mode unless you play it on an official Valve server, pay for a ticket and even then the item you get may not be a new one. You can get regular drops on our server.

Admins all you need do to change modes is type either of these in console...

sm_rcon exec mvm.cfg
    sm_rcon exec regular.cfg

Map will change with config. Play mvm maps while on mvm config and regular maps while on regular config only.

haha nice. I have been rconing for the past few days since its in quickplay and it fills up rather quickly. The trolls. They are abundant in number. Lots of 1 day bans, lots of kicks, and a few permabans.

Quote Originally Posted by saudi View Post
    haha nice. I have been rconing for the past few days since its in quickplay and it fills up rather quickly. The trolls. They are abundant in number. Lots of 1 day bans, lots of kicks, and a few permabans.
    Password should have disqualified it for quick play, adding tf_server_identity_disable_quickplay now.
    Last edited by The Mighty Gerbil; August 21st, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

I think he was talking about when it's in regular map mode and not MvM. Before you set it up.

Yeah it was before you set it up. Like it was on regular maps. I don't mind so much but now that school is starting, I have to see what the routine will be now. After the update but before the 20th when the server was just rotating and going through map votes.

Quote Originally Posted by saudi View Post
    Yeah it was before you set it up. Like it was on regular maps. I don't mind so much but now that school is starting, I have to see what the routine will be now. After the update but before the 20th when the server was just rotating and going through map votes.
    It's great you cast an eye on it every now and then but don't sweat it Saudi. Trolls will be trolls and none of us can be there continually.

Oddly enough the Valve mailing list mentioned (after you did) quick play was sending people to password protected MVM servers but they supposedly fixed that now.

The regular server rotation never should have been in quick play due to having crits disabled (though I actually wanted it to be). Any trolls you see must have come there manually from the browser.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast