Toj TF2 Tuesday Time Change

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
On a trial basis TF2 Tuesdays Toj game night is now going to start 30 minutes later than normal (8:30 central). We still get a decent amount of players for some good games however I've noticed a many of our regulars don't get in until a little later than 8:00. To prevent the burnout of players who do get in before 8:30 and to consolidate players hitting at the same time we are going to try setting the time back a tiny bit. If this doesn't work out, or if we start getting larger player counts again (possible if Valve hits with a decent update), we may return to our original starting time.

I will still haunt our server, or more likely Steam, at our original starting time for a week or so to inform players of the time change.

Random thought: I've hesitated to do this because players not joining around the starting time may be the result of shaving the join time to close and not real life schedules. If so the same problem may just occur at 8:30 :/ . We shall see though and we can always change it back.

Last edited:
/cheer

I usually can't join in until around 8:30 p.m. Central because my daughter usually goes to bed after 8 p.m., so I'm looking forward to the change. I'll try to be on the server by 8:30 p.m. Central on the next few TF2sdays and spam invites after I'm in.

Well, we still didn't reach 10/24 players until about 30 minutes after the game night start time, but here's hoping that we'll start to gain momentum (and player count) faster as people get used to the new time.

Don't be that guy (or girl) who's checking the server and only joining when 10 or more people are on! There's probably at least a few other people doing the same thing, so everyone join in at 8:30 p.m. Central (if you're able, of course) and let's gogogo!

Back