Unofficial NS2 Server Status Thread

Hescominsoon

CGA\TOJ Hosting Manager
I'll post any planned downtimes here. things like windows updates for the vm hosting the ns2 server and of course downtime which would affect the vm(aka downtime for the host server itself). Can i have this stickied please?..:) Or can a sticky be provided that i can use?..<G>

Ok all windows machiens and vm's are now updating due to the critical nature of this month's patch tuesday. I ahve also made a small mod where anytime that vm for the ns2 server is started the ns2 server process automatically launches as well..:)

the ns2 server itself bombed and took the rest of the vm with it. I'm currently rebuilding the vm from the ground up. Once the ns2 server is rebuilt i'll make a snapshot so any further issues are taken care of with a mouse click..sorry for the downtime folks.

Will be rebuilding the server tomorrow. Just got out of a major conference (morning and night meetings) at my church (I was apart of the event staff). Things should calm down now.

ok since there is no activity on the ns2 server i'm taking the opporunity to do a quick cleanup job on the vm. Downtime less than 15 minutes.

ok i have an issue with my hsot mahcine..it's motherboard is on the way out. I have a workaround in place once i verify stability i shold have the vm back up int he next few days.

I am now moving the vm's to the new host..:) should be back online this evening..:) Takes a bit to move nearly 1 terabyte of stuff around..:)

vm's are loaded and the new host is up and running. cga now has 3.1 ghz of power dedicated to the cga vm..:)

I am currently performing windows updates on the vm hosting the ns server. downtime should be no more than an hour.

The server is offline for a bit. I have limited data transfer at my residence and I've gone significantly over the past few months. The physical server has plenty of horsepower but i'm facing potential overages from comcrap(i've gotten a latter) and they have told me to either reduce my usage or purchase a business class account. The business class account is 120/month and with my wife being long term unemployed i can't afford that expense. Once i can get my account upgraded i'll let everyone know..sorry.

Is ok HSC I'm sure most here well know the "friendlyness" of ISP's XD. You are nice to have put up a server for so long already :) .

Though I'd like to I have not been playing NS2 anyway with my slide show frame rate.

Last edited:
The server is offline for a bit. I have limited data transfer at my residence and I've gone significantly over the past few months. The physical server has plenty of horsepower but i'm facing potential overages from comcrap(i've gotten a latter) and they have told me to either reduce my usage or purchase a business class account. The business class account is 120/month and with my wife being long term unemployed i can't afford that expense. Once i can get my account upgraded i'll let everyone know..sorry.
Sad to hear that, but I understand the fault is with the company. I've made my position regarding bandwidth caps abundantly clear in previous posts (spoiler alert: I don't like them), so I won't beat that dead horse.

I was maintaining the server and at least trying to rally enough players for a game night every Thursday night I was at home, but I didn't see the level of activity I'd hoped for. Perhaps by the time we're ready to host a server again, more ToJ members will have picked up NS2 and started playing.

Thank you very much for hosting the server while you did, HCS. There's nothing quite like a ToJ server, official or not, filled with players having a good time. :)

i intend to get it back online. I jsut picked up a LARGE contract in Arizona..:) I'm hoping it will allow me to set aside 1.1k so i can effectively prepay for the business account..:) I'm leaving the vm setup it's just turned off as a temporary measure. Of course if anyone wants to donate..<G>

Back