FOOD AGAIN!!!!!!

One more item in bread. A diet wrecker to all good country people. Can be fixed with almost anything, even the fast food chains in the South and in some parts of the country are forced to bow before it's mighty power. And I am talking the good baking powder based, not those atrocious things that come from a bust open tube. They keep coming back to haunt the FOOD thread.da
BISCUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I am talking the real stuff here. Slow cooked in a pressure cooker until it is fork tender. A nice point cut one.
Corned Beef

The stuff in the can is great for some uses, but a corned beef brisket done right can't be beat.

Oh man. I never had corned beef I really liked until my wife made it. We (because I do a lot of the cooking now) put it in a roaster or slow cooker with water and spices and cook it all live long day. When it's done it's juicy, tender to the point of falling apart and delicious.

I started to say I've never had corned beef, not even on St. Patrick's Day. But I think I had it on sandwich a time or two years ago at Tek's parents' house. But I can't really comment on it.

To go back to an old topic though, I had fry bread for the first time tonight. I'm paying for it now with heartburn, but oh man yummy. Tried the Navajo taco place I mentioned before. I got a combo with 1/2 "traditional" and 1/2 dessert. Quite tasty. :)

Eeeek! Yeah, I could down cashews by the canfull if I'm not careful. Then my mom makes "cashew bark", chocolate with cashews in it spread thin over a pan or she has these silicone baking sheets. It's like a hershey's bar with cashews. And people keep asking my why I can't lose weight.

Poor Cow Rocket outnumbered 3:1. Ok while on the subject. There are lot of people allergic to these, but you can cook with them, or their derivitives. But yummy all on their own.
peanuts

just plain old roasted salted please, no honey covered etc.

Honey roasted peanuts are ok, but unnecessary. I pretty much eat them any way I can, plain, dry roasted, flavored... Oh and I love Thai peanut sauce. I thought it sounded weird at first, but man it is sooooo good.

they're legumes :p But yeah for the sake of discussion.... ;)

I'm pretty indifferent toward snacking on peanuts, but I go in phases of having an irrational love for peanut butter. And yes peanut sauces are very yummy.

Back