Sharing an old blog post on setting goals

Your blog is more true than the words used within it! Having been on the other side of this great war we fight, I sorta have first hand experience as to how the enemy of God functions.
One of his first tricks is in fact to take out minds off of God. Even if it seems ok at the moment it is totally wrong to remove our focus from The One who sustains us, loved us enough to send His Son to cover our debt.
For example, I am focused hard-core to get my ministry into reality. Obviously Satan does not want us communicating or else we'll learn, grow, get stronger and have that much more (mental) advantage over him. I have already caught myself several times with the mentality "*I* got to get this done" or "Why can't *I* do that?" The fact is that it's not supposed to be ME doing anything, but God THROUGH me! If *I* am doing it, where is there room for God to move? How can I say I'm after God's Heart when I'm running about with MY OWN heart?
I just had to take a portion of your blog and quote it here for clarity of this post. It's impossible to know God when you aren't truly focused on Him. On the other hand, we are made stronger within our weaknesses:

Yes, the enemy and our minds will try to bring doubt and fear, but God's grace is far more efficacious than anything the enemy, this world, or even our minds can throw at Him. May we all strive to this goal...to truly know God, or better yet be known by God.

MY best defense to this isn't as hard as it sounds. "Be still and know I am God." If He is for me, who can be against me? Certainly not Satan and definitely not myself. God's in FULL control!
That's my $.02.
Peace!
:cool:

Back