TF2 Halloween Update 2014 is out

So I banged on the server and we have replay again and no I don't want to talk about Gerbil stupidity and laziness XD (though it was crashing back when we had it active if I remember right).

Also Noodles requested spells be enabled on other maps at our last game night. I haven't been able to find a command or plugin that drops them like he described. This spell plugin is the only one that listed servers actually using it so I put it up. I've installed it and put usage directions in chat via the advertisements plugin.

To use it type in console (NOT CHAT)
sm_spelllist for a list of spells and their associated number.
then type sm_setspell 1 "followed by a space and the number associated with the spell you want"

It works on any map as well.

Thing is this plugin has large abuse potential and I can't turn it off and on easily. I limited the number of spells you can get at one time to one but with no timer or rare spell restrictions you can just bind or spam console for multiple Monoculus or skeleton hordes. An eternal rain of fire does not sound fun. I hazard to guess what will happen with troll season. I could restrict it so only admins can give other people spells and players can't get them themselves but I'm uncertain. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Do we have the server traffic to worry about trolls?

Unfortunately yes XD. I've actually joined the server at the start of the night, before any of our regulars, to find a couple trolls already on it alone. It's almost easier to get trolls than legitimate players. Honestly don't they have anything better to do?

I could restrict it so only admins can give other people spells and players can't get them themselves but I'm uncertain. What do you guys think?
Are/were spells only available during the Halloween event?

If so, then I suppose there was no point in me bumping this thread.

But if spells are available after, I'd recommend restricting them heavily because our server is a lightning rod for trolls (which also means it gives us a great opportunity to represent Christ even to those who intend to harass us).

Are/were spells only available during the Halloween event?

If so, then I suppose there was no point in me bumping this thread.

But if spells are available after, I'd recommend restricting them heavily because our server is a lightning rod for trolls (which also means it gives us a great opportunity to represent Christ even to those who intend to harass us).

I've removed the spell plugin. I had actually removed most of the rare spells and limited the use to one spell at a time but it didn't work out. I was only going to run it a couple weeks but someone, who shall remain nameless >.>, got to into programming and told everyone how to circumvent the one restriction I had in place. The resulting spam had at least one person leaving. I ended up slaying another regular for spam who hopefully isn't ticked at me. I did warn them about the spam but I wasn't strong enough in my tone. I thought our guys would be responsible in their use for two nights sadly I was wrong.

Last edited:
Back