Christian new to Game mastering, looking for new players to join Pathfinder.

Puxido

I am here to ask if anyone is willing to play Pathfinder (dungeons and dragons 3.75). I am new to the system myself and am still learning the rules. I am looking for people who are also new to Pathfinder, to learn the rules along with me so that we can all play together. I have tried to get the sessions started before through my Christian World of Warcraft Guild. I got two members from it to join me, but it turned out they were not interested and just didn't know how to tell me. I tried again with some friends of mine, a Jewish friend of mine, his atheist friend, and a brony (I'm aware this sounds like the settup to a bad joke, but I was desperate for players). Though it became hard to contact my Sam (The first mentioned in the trio), it was already hard to contact his friend, and my brony friend turned out he wasn't interested, and was afraid that if he didn't play I'd stop being his friend, after calming him down I explained that wasn't the case. After that, I invited another friend from the guild, and he's so far accepted, the only problem though is that he works late sometimes and keep's missing Read-a-longs (that's what I've began to call them). I thought this was a sign that it was time to invite people from outside the guild, and since I'd prefer to invite fellow people of the faith, I tried here. I'm probably going to try other christian alliances I know of, but this is the best place to start.

Please understand, I am looking for people new to Pathfinder, veterans are acceptable too, but please understand the rest of us are still learning, and this is my first time Dungeon Mastering. We are also going to have a meeting every monday and tuesday (though this week I'm having one on Wednesday to see if anyone will show up. In these meetings for now we all Read the core rulebook (I can connect you to a free copy online posted by the company) together so we stay at the same pace. We will be meeting up on roll20.net , so if your interested, reply to this thread please.

Last edited:
I don't play D&D (not due to any objections with D&D; I just didn't have any exposure to it growing up and I don't have the inclination to start now), but I'm posting in hopes that Neirai, a long-time member of the CGA community and, if memory serves, a DM, will see this and chime in. :)

I play D&D 5e, and I would love to get into Pathfinder. Unfortunately, there is no way I could reliably get involved right now. Just got back from my honeymoon a few hours ago and [long story redacted] just can't commit at the moment.
Still, like Tek, posting in hopes of seeing something come of your post. :D

I play D&D 5e, and I would love to get into Pathfinder. Unfortunately, there is no way I could reliably get involved right now. Just got back from my honeymoon a few hours ago and [long story redacted] just can't commit at the moment.
Still, like Tek, posting in hopes of seeing something come of your post. :D

Congrats! Sorry you can't join atm, but thanks for the reply anyway! Any groups and other places you can suggest I look for more players? The only responses I have atm are from bronies for Christ (Long story short, before my brony friend backed out I spent fifty dollars on a guide for allowing pony players, I just though eventually I'll get my moneys worth out of it, but hopefully I will now).

Check with the SOLA group? They are affiliate members to CGA and sometimes tend to have various games going at one time like ToJ does. Just a suggestion as I cannot think of anything else and for me right now I'm not even slightly bit interested.....Sorry.

Blessings and Hugs,

Check with the SOLA group? They are affiliate members to CGA and sometimes tend to have various games going at one time like ToJ does. Just a suggestion as I cannot think of anything else and for me right now I'm not even slightly bit interested.....Sorry.

Blessings and Hugs,

Could you be nice enough to post a link? I can't seem to find it.

Thank you guys so much for your support! I am making this post as a somewhat bump, in case anybody missed this over the holidays. I got a big response on another post I made on the deviantart page Bronies for Christ (I thought, why not. I already bought some third party pony-based-content for pathfinder for my brony friend... who then backed out -_-). I now have four members (not including me) in the group, getting ready for our first campaign. I tried making a post on their sister group (which was actually for sonic fans), but it actually seems dead to be honest. If anybody still wants to join us, you can just reply here, or message me. I appreciate all the support I have gotten, thank you all so much. Oh, and before I finish.... @CowRocket ....... Is that... a cow... flying by means of... never mind.

I had a couple friends attempt to get me into role playing back in the 90's (wow, I'm getting old. . .). It just didn't stick. I'm fine doing it in a game (many, many hours in Skyrim) but just can't seem to get into it outside of that. Nowadays I just can't commit to the time needed for such interaction anyhow. Hope you find some like-minded individuals.

@Tek7
You don't specifically have to be a Christian brony gamer, just looking for Fellow Christian Gamers to join us, who don't mind the company of Christian Bronies and possibly wouldn't mind doing a mlp themed campaign in the future..... ok then.

No idea why your post was automatically moderated Puxido (maybe it thought the @symbol was an e-mail as it moderates links on new-ish users, IDK???). The technical explanation is the automated system "does things" every now and then XD. Anywho just an FYI if you were wondering.

I'm going to bump because were in need of new players.

It's fine :) . Just give the bumps a respectable amount of time (the two weeks you gave is good) and you can keep on bumping. You may want to try sending a pm to http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/member.php?1214-Neirai-the-Forgiven . He hasn't been around in a bit but like Tek said I thought he played that game and may know some players.

I'm not going to play but I do have some curiosity about these sessions. Could you pm me the connect info so I may listen in on one? I mean when someone says MLP and D&D in the same sentence yeah it just makes me wonder. Just an FYI I not sure when I'll be around as my schedule prohibits it and I may also show up or leave suddenly due to needing to do other things but I'm not going to be disruptive.

Last edited:
@The Mighty Gerbil Ok, its Fridays 11:00 pm EST to 12:00 AM EST, and Saturdays 8:00 PM est to 12:00 AM EST.

@The Mighty Gerbil Ok, its Fridays 11:00 pm EST to 12:00 AM EST, and Saturdays 8:00 PM est to 12:00 AM EST.

Okey doke thanks. I won't make Saturday but I'll try to hop on a Friday sometime :) .

EDIT: Oh and if you need to kick me anytime I'll just assume you needed the slot or were tidying up, no worries.

Last edited:
Back