Update your wishlist please

Wolfeman

Several years ago I was very active in TF2 trading community. I never did paypal or get any real money out of it but I was able to put $250 in my steam wallet. However, trading started becoming more and more important to me. I started trying to make a profit on trades with Christians and taking advantage of people who did not knowing the value of items they had. Mammon had become very important to me so I gave it up. I started giving away TF2 items and eventually even games.

However, the more I gave away the more I had. The basic knowledge I had picked up trading and the way Steam and the community had made trading so automated meant that every event that came up was a chance to turn a profit with almost no effort. I now have $425 in my steam wallet and was hoping to do a larger gift give away this Christmas during the sale

However, very few people have updated wish lists which makes it hard to give stuff away. So please update your wishlists.

I should point out that almost all the games I give away are on sale for under $20 (I have given away more expensive games but probably not for this event) and are games I have or want. However, I do often check games for sale that are under a buck or in that area to see if anyone wants them.

TL: DR - Please update your wishlists so I can give away more games. The more I give away, the more God seems to bless me but I'm running out of people to give games to.

Thanks. A gift train would be a great thing to see here but sometimes life makes that very difficult for some people.

I started giving out gifts several years ago because I was trying to make up for cheating people. The more I gave away, the more God blessed me and gave back to me so I just try to keep doing it. Especially around sale times. Most gifts are cheap games because I want to give out more than just a couple but I do make exceptions at times.

However, because of the way Steam does gifts anymore, I need you on my friends list before I can send you a Christmas gift. Sent you an invite Sklurb but anyone else here needs to send me an invite.

Thanks. A gift train would be a great thing to see here but sometimes life makes that very difficult for some people.

I started giving out gifts several years ago because I was trying to make up for cheating people. The more I gave away, the more God blessed me and gave back to me so I just try to keep doing it. Especially around sale times. Most gifts are cheap games because I want to give out more than just a couple but I do make exceptions at times.

However, because of the way Steam does gifts anymore, I need you on my friends list before I can send you a Christmas gift. Sent you an invite Sklurb but anyone else here needs to send me an invite.

Accepted, thanks. Just in case we ever do something like that here, the gift train I belong to does a $5 minimum, and anything beyond that is up to the giver's discretion. People can jump in and out as they wish, but I do see your point that times can be tight on some people's wallet who wish to participate too.

I added you as a friend, I recently changed my password so there may be problems. My wish list is old but valid, problem being so little time right now. I do like yer attitude, and applaud it, may God bless you for it.

Friend requested... at first i was wondering how I would find which was you, then I saw AKA "IHateMapsGerbilSelects" and knew it was you. :D

I'm running out of people to give games to.
Well I'd hate to disappoint you. I'm adding you to my friends list.

However, my wishlist is very small. I try to find games that will provide more than 10-15 hours before I hang them out to dry. . .unfortunately, that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

I started giving out gifts several years ago because I was trying to make up for cheating people.

Wolfe I'm pretty sure you never "cheated" anyone, traded for profit, yes, lied or deceived people no. I know you feel bad from profiting to much from people who didn't know better (or were possibly to lazy to ask IDK), but that is still not cheating. Maybe you did take advantage of trust and were greedy, maybe you didn't, I don't know I wasn't there, but I do know you put in a bunch of time watching prices, trading and being patient (I saw you online trading a lot). You deserve at least some profit for doing work the majority of the TF2 population didn't. That is how work, err, works you put in time and effort and you profit. Cheaters just lie and break rules. Just don't be to tough on yourself :) .

EDIT: I can remember selling stuff on a free mmorpg long ago. I'd wake up in the middle of the night buy in a mid level town, haul it to the higher level town and put it in a shop for triple overnight. If I was selling out early in the night I'd typically put the last batch up at a higher price. One day while doing this a customer was all like "I can get it for less than half that in the other town" to which I said "then go there". You want it cheaper wake up late and run over there like I did, I worked for it. (Note the economy was totally whacked because I was probably the only one NOT botting.)

Last edited:
I've trimmed my wishlist, so it's now up to date (though I'm trying to clear the backlog I've already accumulated, so I'm not in any rush to acquire new games :)).

Thank you again Wolfe, now I have to get the time to figure out the game, and play it.

You people just don't know how to thank properly. This is how! and yes I just wanted to shamelessly plug Scrooge because not enough people know it exists :p .

Thank you for the Christmas Cheer Wolfe! :)

Last edited:
Not sure if I should be offended or not...

However, I wasn't doing it for thanks (or whatever that was). I was doing it because God gave me the ability and opportunity to do it. But thank you everyone for the thank you's.

You should watch the movie and decide :p . Don't read to much into me posting it. We watch that every Christmas so I just had to post it in a thank you thread on Christmas, you just just have to, Albert Finney and Sir Alec Guinness it'z 2 gud! Watch it nowz peoplez!

Last edited:
I find that, when in doubt, it's best to default to a 'not offended' state. There is enough purposeful offense in the world that we don't need to be adding unintended offense to it. :D

For the observers I'm pretty sure Wolfe is just being Wolfe. If not I am sorry for any offense. It was just a funny video I thought people would like (and an attempt to encourage old movie watching as I've done before).

Back