Prayer for my family

Kahiel

Been a lousy week.

My cousin's husband is the mayor of Toledo, Ohio. He was checking the roads during the snow storm had a cardiac event and crashed his car. The things we are hearing are not good. Please keep the city and his family in your prayers.

Well, we had heard a rumor that he had died, so yes that was an improvement. Being only a cousin, we don't have the immediate information on his condition so we were really freaked out for a while. Add to that, that the family who have been attacking us (see the thread in the men's channel) decided to quit the church and attack my wife at the same time (all during a snow storm that dropped a foot of snow) yesterday was a very bad day.

We are still getting rumors that he is brain dead (whatever they mean by that) but they don't put pacemakers in patients who have been declared brain referenced dead and the media is reporting that he is being kept sedated, another thing that you don't need when you're dead.

Update: He's still in a drug induced coma. They are using hypothermic therapy (they lower the body temperature to slow down biological functions) and have started to warm him up but we haven't heard anything else.

Rather than start another thread, my wife is having surgery next week on her wrist. She has torn cartilage in her wrist and it's been causing a LOT of pain. She hasn't worked her normal schedule for a few months now so we are hurting financially (on top of all the other stress). She was denied workers comp even though the damage happened at work (she's a seamstress) and her company doesn't have temporary disability insurance so we are pretty well screwed. They want her to use all her PTO but she could be out for up to 12 weeks.

Condolences on the family loss. Now to pray for you and your wife, and for the financial bind.

Thanks for all the prayers but here comes another...

My aunt Eleanor just died. We've been expecting this for a few weeks. Please pray for Nancy and Janet and the rest of her family.

We are getting ready for the memorial service for Mike tonight and then the funeral and procession tomorrow...

Oh and did I mention I'm preaching on Sunday.

Tough times for preaching but I wonder if perhaps something is supposed to come out of this that you are supposed to say. How difficult is it for the rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven? His need to be saved is occluded by his comforts. Feeling safe and in control he does not face how powerless he really is. If anything compels us to accept we need God it is the hard times not the easy.

Still praying for you.

Condolences for the recent loss of family. Sorry for the difficult times you're having right now. You and your wife will be in my prayers as well as those left behind by your aunt.

Last edited:
I dodged the preaching bullet, the Senior Pastor changed his plan and decided to do a quick series on Spiritual Warfare. I will get to give this one in a couple of weeks maybe.

Today was my aunt's funeral. They asked me to do it, but I didn't think I could keep it together so my Senior Pastor presided. Did a good job with the eulogy too. Thursday my wife is having surgery to fix her TFCC. She will be out of work for 4 to 12 weeks depending on what they have to do.

We're going to contact a lawyer and figure out what our options are. We were going to file for temp disability but her company doesn't have that insurance, long term disability requires a year we think and she was turned down by workers comp because the idiot doctor didn't want to fill out the paperwork.

Well, on Friday my grandmother's last sister died. She was the oldest since Eleanor died last week. This aunt wasn't as close but with everything else that's happened it's been draining.

Well, on Friday my grandmother's last sister died. She was the oldest since Eleanor died last week. This aunt wasn't as close but with everything else that's happened it's been draining.

I can imagine :/ . Praying for you.

Many deaths lately for your family. Praying :( How did your wife's surgery go?

Back