My nephew ...

Echodelta

Last night my nephew, Anthony was hit while crossing the street. The driver was speeding. Anthony died on the way to the hospital. He was 28 years old and was on a business trip in another state. His family is stunned and devastated. I never mentioned this before but back in January, my dad died too. So the last time I saw Anthony was in January at my dad's funeral. I am very concerned for Anthony's mom, my sister, Lisa, who already suffers from depression. This has hit my mom hard as well because she was close with her grandson. Please pray for our family. Thank you.

Although the driver was speeding, no arrest has been made. It's still under investigation.

Too much too soon, will pray that God will comfort the whole family.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers. The memorial service was last Saturday. With my dad's passing in January, it was expected. Anthony's wasn't and is a little harder to move on from. Again, thank you for the prayers. -Ed

Update on the driver: last week he was arrested for vehicular homicide, which technically means murder. After visiting the scene of the accident, my brother-in-law has always believed it was intentional. Now with this guy's arrest, it is very possible. The news upset a lot of family members including myself. To think that someone would drive a car to kill another person :(

I have been praying for you and your Sister's peace in the face of your loss. Whatever happens rest assured an eternal justice for everyone is given by God after death. I know it's hard to forgive in the face of such a loss but, if we are to follow Christ, pray that the driver finds Him before the end.

Last edited:
I have been praying for you and your Sister's peace in the face of your loss. Whatever happens rest assured an eternal justice for everyone is given by God after death. I know it's hard to forgive in the face of such a loss but, if we are to follow Christ, pray that the driver finds Him before the end.

Thanks Gerbil and to everyone for the prayers. Yeah my sister has her good days and bad days. She doesn't communicate much anymore. Usually it's a just a text every now and then and I've already emphasized it's important to stay in touch. I don't want to push her.

TBH, I've only prayed for justice. I don't hate or despise this person. That's not me at all. However, to forgive and pray for his salvation, (knowing that Christ forgives for my sins), is something I am working on. From experience, I know to carry this is not healthy.

Back