3 years after heartbreak

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Three years ago today, my wife had a miscarriage. We were devastated. Losing a child at any stage of that child's life is something you never really get over, but time and a healthy 7-month old baby girl has helped ease the pain, though there's no replacing the life that was lost.

I ask that you all would pray that the Lord would be with me and my wife as we mourn our loss today. Please also pray that we find the right words to explain to our 4-year old about the child we lost so she can begin to understand. We never want death and dying to be something she feels she can't talk about with us.

Prayed. Hang tough Tek we will be together again one day even if it's for the first time.

Will pray for you and yours. It is some ways difficult to fathom such a loss, but there is a close analogy. My wife and I were lined up to adopt a little 1 year old special needs child from Columbia, all we needed to finalize was the results of the home study. We had sent Maria gifts of clothes and had pictures returned with her in them. Suddenly Maria was adopted out to another family. We still feel that loss after all these years. God's ways and decisions are not ours, and one day we will know why and how things fit into God's plans. Please take some comfort in that thought.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. I hope to find time in the near future to write out some thoughts on the subject, though given current trends, whatever I write likely won't be coherent enough to share. :) Regardless, sometimes the writing itself helps me process what I've been through, especially when it comes to loss and grieving.

Ursen, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I have tremendous respect for anyone who seeks to adopt a child because I've heard and read that the process is long and emotionally draining, all the more so because those seeking to adopt have so little control over the situation.

It's true that loss changes your prayers in a way that I believe nothing else can. It also led me to reflect on how sitting under teaching that trended toward Prosperity Gospel affected me, long after I thought I'd rid myself of its influences. If one believes the "name and claim it" rubbish taught by some Christian teachers today, then what can there be for someone who prayed passionately--violently--yet received "No" from God for an answer? Given that framework for faith, who would remain in a local church after suffering tragedy? It's only one more reason I fervently oppose Prosperity Gospel, but I don't wish to turn this thread into a rant.

Thank you all again. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.

HUGS HONEY!!! From my personal perspective, many of us have come together to share and pray for each other because we have had walked part of the same path with various outcomes.

Blessings and Hugs,

"Angel"

Back