Policy: Tribe of Judah's Massively Multiplayer Online Guild Sponsorship Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
"History" or "What's the context?"
Tribe of Judah began as a Starcraft clan, then later added a Half-Life chapter. Counter-Strike eventually surpassed Starcraft as the most popular game in ToJ. Years later, the World of Warcraft chapter was established and eventually surpassed the CS sub-chapter as the most popular and active.

The clan structure popular in Starcraft and Counter-Strike is entirely different from the guild structure of MMO games. Membership in a guild has a more profound impact on the way and with whom you play the game. If your friend is a member of a different Counter-Strike clan, he or she can still play on your clan's CS server. If your friend is a member of a different guild in World of Warcraft, it makes a much more significant impact.

At first, Tribe of Judah established a policy of only allowing ToJ members to join our MMO guilds. Over time, some members asked if their non-Christian spouse, family member, or close friend could join the guild. With sadness, I would decline their request. The guild member would often leave the guild and find a new guild that would admit their spouse, family member, or close friend as well.

After time, my heart grew very heavy in separating family members, especially spouses of non-Christians who were actively seeking answers to difficult questions of faith. I reviewed the structural differences between clans and guilds and concluded that I would review and revise the policy regarding guild admissions.

With the help of other staff members, I developed a "rough draft" of a sponsorship program that was put into place late last year. It would maintain Tribe of Judah's strict requirement of profession of faith in Christ as savior while providing new opportunities to minister to non-Christians.​

"Vision" or "What do you hope to accomplish?"
Ideally, the sponsorship program will allow non-Christians to witness the love between Christians, inspired by Christ's love for us, and resolve questions they have regarding Christianity and salvation. It will give people who are struggling with the decision whether or not to accept Christ as savior a better understanding of the impact that salvation and daily grace has had on Christian members of Redeemed. It will keep spouses, family members, and close friends together.​

"Process" or "How does it work?"
  1. A non-Christian expresses a desire to join Redeemed to a guild member who is also a member of Tribe of Judah.
  2. The Tribe of Judah member ("Sponsor") agrees to sponsor the non-Christian ("Sponsored").
  3. The Sponsored and Sponsor speak with the Guild Leader and express an interest for the Sponsored to join the guild.
  4. The Sponsored writes and sends a letter to the Guild Leader, Chapter Leader, and Tribe of Judah President explaining why he or she wishes to join the guild and agreeing to uphold the Article III ("Rules of Conduct") of the Tribe of Judah charter.
  5. The Sponsor writes a letter to the Guild Leader, Chapter Leader, and Tribe of Judah President confirming that he or she will be held accountable for the Sponsored's behavior in the game.
  6. The Guild Leader, Chapter Leader, and Tribe of Judah President approve or deny the Sponsored's request.
  7. If the request is approved, the Guild Leader invites the Sponsored to join the guild or requests that a Recruiter invite the Sponsored.
  8. The Sponsored sends an e-mail with his or her contact information (e-mail address, instant messaging IDs, etc.) to the guild leader.
  9. The Guild Leader forwards the information to the Tribe of Judah Lead Web Developer.
  10. The Lead Web Developer adds the Sponsored to the Tribe of Judah as a "Friend" (not Member). This allows staff members to keep records of all sponsored members and contact them when necessary.
"Conclusion" or "What if I have some suggestions?"

Please post any and all questions, comments, and suggestions regarding the Sponsorship Program protocol to this thread.​

Last edited:
The Tribe of Judah Massively Multiplayer Online Guild Sponsorship Program is suspended as of Thursday, September 14, 2006. I have not received a single e-mail from a player applying for the Sponsorship Program since my previous post on May 17, 2006.

Current sponsored members are allowed to remain in Redeemed or Mustard Seed Conspiracy, but no new sponsorship applications will be approved.

The option for Tribe of Judah guilds to create and use a Sponsorship Program once again rests with the leader of each respective guild, as of Tuesday, September 19. That means that the decision to re-open the Sponsorship Program for Redeemed now rests with CGamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back