Test Weekend Coming!

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
Guild Wars Website said:
Test Weekend Coming! 16 January 2007
This weekend, you are invited to test a number of skill balance changes and alterations to the Heroes' Ascent area. Join us on Friday, January 19, around Noon PST and try out the changes to the PvP area and to a number of skills. During the test and after, we encourage you to share your thoughts with us via our many fansite forums. The testing weekend will run through 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, January 21 (7:59 GMT on January 22.)

No details posted at what skills they are going to change and what they are going to alter in HA, so we'll have to keep our eyes open and be ready to adapt this Friday.

lol those are bound to happen! If they nerf those you know what becomes good again? Dare I say ViM Trappers? Btw I will not be on till late Friday darn work!

NOT THE RIT!!! NOT THE RIT!!! i dont mind about SF and Sandstorm by NOT THE RIT!! :p

again they are only testing, what they change we give feedback on the forums and they will either keep it or change it back, so what ever they are doing its not premently.. well for now at least

I find Anet's approach to this interesting. Up till now all of the balance and format changes they've made have been done with little or nothing in the way of an announcement. This wasn't just announced, but it is displayed right up there for everyone to see upon login. I think that shows some real concern on their part about customer reaction to whatever they're about to do.

Yep has to be a pretty severe nerf like the one just before Factions. This time there is no expansion that can save them.

I'm definately going to try to make this even though I'll be late. My personal goal for this game (other than finishing the darn campaigns) has been to get to a point through knowledge (a la GuildWiki, etc) and experience that I can start forming and testing builds of my own. Nothing against Team SoE/SOE, you all are amazing, but I'm a man of strategy. Moreso even than winning HoH or tournaments myself, I like to be the one who invents those builds like IWAY or SF that other people copy and invent specific builds to counter.

Sorry if that's too random for this thread, but there you have it. More on topic, I'll bet traps will get the nerf to ix-nay faction farming... Later!

-Chadley

Yeah I am same way I am trying to create builds/borrow and refine to do what I want them to do. Glad to have input. I want Team SoE to creat our own build and win with it. If you noticed we are not exactly like the other HoH teams we do it slightly different.

MF FTW!!!!
:D

Working with builds is definitely one of the great appeals of PvP, just as deck building is for CCGs. But when someone is either inexperienced or hasn't been regularly playing with our team, it really irks me to see that person walk in immediately expecting to freely alter their character build on a whim, or pawn off their pet team-build proposal on the team without even posting it to the forums first. That's why I really like Chadley's attitude - learn the PvP ropes first. Be a participant and not a prima-donna. Earn some respect as a team player. Then when you've gathered experience you can start to tweak your own build, and eventually you'll be able to work on designing team builds.

Paul

ROUND 2!
I hope noting gets nerfed :(

This weekend, starting around Noon PST on Friday, you'll have another opportunity to test updates for Guild Wars. We're rolling in a significant number of skill changes along with updates to Heroes' Ascent, as well. We'll be leaving the changes in place this time, but will assess player feedback to help formulate future balance changes and updates, so we hope you'll try out these changes and provide your feedback on the fan forums.

Back