The Frugal Gamer, Volume 1: Free multiplayer games

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Please use this thread to post links to free games with an online multiplayer feature. Posts not containing links to download or information about free multiplayer games will be deleted.

Last edited:
Gratis gaming: 10 real PC games you can download for free, an article by CNET Reviews, contains links to download America's Army: Special Forces, Battlecruiser 3000 A.D., Hidden & Dangerous Deluxe, The Marathon Trilogy, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Starsiege: Tribes, Wild Metal Country, and The Zork Trilogy.

Last edited:
EDIT: Arrgh, I didn't see the requirement that all the freeware games had to be "multiplayer". :(

Anyways, the following games from my original list are multiplayer/network playable, although I think only Bontago is internet multiplayer.

Bontago - Sorta like Tetris and Jenga rolled together, and then given strategic elements. Stack random boxes on top of each other to build towers and create areas of control. The higher the tower, the larger the area you can control. Take over all of the control points on the board to win the game, but watch out for special boxes that cause earthquakes or explosions that can knock your unstable tower to the ground.

Cronberg/Bonobo - Video game version of a German tile-laying board game with heavy strategy elements. Again, simple concept, but deep gameplay.

(If anyone's interested in my list of favourite non-multiplayer freeware games, flip me a PM)

Last edited:
Back