Guild Ranks

Jasmina

All ranks are considered of equal importance. Each rank has a job or function in the guild attached to it. Anyone can be pretty much about any rank they want as long as they are willing to accept the responsibility that goes with the rank. Please do not choose a rank your character is not willing to perform. Please do not promote all your characters to a certain rank just because your main performs that function. Each persons character is to be treated as a seperate being to keep in line with the roleplay we try to promote. Please consider the ranks carefully and pick the one that you will enjoy and that you will be able to serve your guild at. If everyone takes an active role in their rank we will be a much stronger guild for it!

Rank 9 - SHEEP - This rank is for for those new to the KoT family. This rank is for those seeking a fold. It gives the person time to be sure the KoT is where they want to be and to get familiar with who we are and what we are all about. Time in this rank depends on activeness. Usually is anywheres from 2-4 weeks.

Rank 8 - DISCIPLE - This rank is for those still learning their place in the guild and are uncomfortable with taking a position in the guild. This is also for alternate characters of mains who already hold a position in the guild.

Rank 7 - TREASURER - Job Description - Person responsible to maintain guild vaults keeping them organized and stocked. Distributing loot items useful to members of the guild from vaults and or consignment merchants when it is requested. Collecting and keeping honest track of donated funds for payment of rents and distribution to young newly in need members. Maintenance of rents on KoT community housing. (Basically checking KoT Guild hall and member homes to ensure rent is paid so houses are not repossessed. Paying rents with donated funds or contact guild leaders or owners to inform them when lockbox funds are low.)

Rank 6 - GUILD ARTISAN - Job Description - Crafter responsible for ensuring the guild has crafted goods needed at cost. Donations above cost can be accepted from guild members but we ask that if you take the position you use your talents to benefit your guild and make them stronger. A guild artisan may sell their wares to anyone outside the guild at any price they deem fair. (This is not at this time a guild funded position but rather a position of service to your guild)

Rank 5 - TEACHER - Job Description - Pretty much everyone should be of this rank of they do not hold one of the other positions listed and have been in the guild a while. A teacher is responsible to help younger members learn their way in the realm. They are responsible to provide them with information on places to hunt for thier level, pve and rvr tactics and training, obtaining armor and weapons, guild and alliance rules and responsibilities as a member of the KoT. This does not necessarily include powerleveling. It is up to the teacher whether he/she wishes to participate in powerleveling.

Rank 4 - GUILD PASTOR - Job Description - Responsible for the spiritual leadership of the KoT. Responsible to hold in game church services, Handle in game prayer requests. Offer guidance and encouragement to guild members and realmates. Responsible to encourage in game witnessing opportunities and model by example.

Rank 3 - AMBASSADOR - Job Description - Responsible to promote the KoT in a positive light. Duties incluse attending and representing the KoT in alliance meetings and server functions.Helping to organize events that would involve the guild. Advertising and promoting the KoT in outside medians for guild recruitment. Keeping the guild updated and informed on happenings within the alliance and the realm. Promoting roleplay that demonstrates what the KoT is all about.

Rank 2 - COUNCIL MEMBER - Job Description - Responsible to represent the guild at alliance meetings and functions. Also at realm events. Responsible to keep track of guild standings and to encourage and promote events that will improve the guilds standings. Responsible to post events and announcements at the Camelot Herald and the guild web page. Examples : Guild sponsored events or the obtaining of lvl 50 or crafting ranks to be posted on the camelot community link. Responsible to encourage roleplay and help develop storylines in the forums and in game. Responsible to work as a team to make decisions regarding the guild when the guild leader is away.

Rank 1 - ADVISOR - Job Description - Honorary position for long term members who have helped form the guild or have been here a very long time but dont play actively. Their responsibility is to stop in every so often and offer encouragement and guidance to the guild. (and maybe a few war stories lol)

Rank 0 - SHEPARD - Job Description - Overall servant of the guild. Responsible to do a little of everything listed in the ranks above. Responsible to offer leadership in a way that sheds a positve light on the guild. Maintanance of guild info, housing, and guild structure. Responsible to keep communication flowing in the guild and maintaining guild growth and morale. Responsible to address guild concerns to to resolve guild/alliance disputes. Responsible for promoting guild members. Responsible to ensure guild charters and alliance rules are followed by guild as  a whole.

Please contact Jazmina or any others who are rank 0 to be promoted to the position of your choice. Thanks and God bless.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the delay. Heres what I got so far. please post anything to fill in the blanks and anything else you like to see added, taking away from or changed. These are not set in stone and I welcome your feedback.

In Christ,
~C

0 Shepard - lvl 50, appointed due to time in guild and continous activness. Limited in number even if quals are met. 1 yr service unless there is an absence of them.

1 Excommunicator - lvl 50, 1 yr of active service

2 Champion - lvl 50, 6 months of active service

3 Evangleist - alt of an officer, with same privledges just not bogging down the official titles, and they can be lvl 20. hopefully you /lvl if you start a new char

4 Saint - not active but prodominate mbr of the guild

5 [not sure what i missed or what we need here, let me know! =)] - if nothing ill move them all up a number and make no rank 9 instead.

6 Apostle - high lvl (40-50), very active, LGM, 2 months+ of active service

7 Ambassodor - alt of apostle, if they don’t meet apostle quals

8 Disciple - after 2 weeks, until the become semi active, approx 2 months service

9 Sheep - very new, less than 2 weeks

If anyone can think of a better title for 9 let me know, i dont mind it but not sure if anyone has anything better.

/as would be for those rank 7+
/o and /gc invites would be would be 3+

rank 5 has usually always been a teacher or mentor type position. As for rank 4 being saint not sure i'd want to be classified as a saint perhaps an elder but im certainly far from being a saint lol.

I think we'd all be saints by definition, just not by what the world has taken it to mean.

Saint — one separated from the world and consecrated to God; one holy by profession and by covenant; a believer in Christ (Ps. 16:3; Rom. 1:7; 8:27; Phil. 1:1; Heb. 6:10).
Easton, M. 1996, c1897. Easton's Bible dictionary. Logos Research Systems, Inc.: Oak Harbor, WA

Well first thoughts-

I like the time of service part, but think there might need to be a quailty of serivce too.

as for names, I don't know what an Excommunicator is and it sounds evil.

for level 9 I like convert.

SOrry short, will think and pray some more.

level 5 you missed some kind of crafter.

Excommunication - Is to cut off from the Church. This was done in the Medievel period of the Church. Im sure its done now but its the time when it was happening alot.
An Excommunicator would be one who does that(not for the guilds sake but in RL) but of course there is always forgivenss for those who come back.
So...yes the person may not be living up to the role of the name and excomm'ing ppl weekly but its a title which Church meaning.

I thought of Apologist (defender of the faith) for a title and was thinking make it for 5, but if we need/want a title for a crafter we can do that. I thought having a crafting rank was unessesary becasue, most ppl do not have a priamry char for crafting, they do other things with them and for those who haev a char who crafts they can be placed in the other ranks.

In honor of its time, im going to keep 9 as sheep. I believe that is the only title which has been with the guild since its founding.

As far a quality time, thats what I meant by active time.

Remember nothing is final by any means, just trying to lay a foundation.

~C

The Ranking Structure

Now let me say this a just an opinion, I am ok with the way things are if we wish to keep them. I just feel with more of us getting to the 40-50 rvr part of the game if we always do what we always did, we will always get what we always got (change is good, only God does not change, but He’s perfect.) So read it over let it sink in and give opinions. What I was trying to do is get more of a Church Hierarchy than anything.

Now this is a warning, I used military Ranks to show how this could work. DO NOT be fooled by that. I do not want to make the guild militant organization! KNOW THAT. I need to start this way to better form A CHURCH organizational chart. Please read thru everything. But focus on the 2nd half of this.

1st half (Background)
Being a guild leader once myself and being a 13 year veteran of the US Army. I believe in a solid Rank structure. I believe that God has a place and propose for everyone and sometimes we need to be Indians and not chiefs. The old adage to many cooks in the kitchen spoil the soup. That is true.

Awhile back when we finished beta testing DAOC (yes I have been around that long) I had a wild idea about guilds and the ranking structure. I got 10 of my real life friends together and set out to test my theory. I created the Honor guard on Merlin and it worked well until I started to travel on the road alot and left DAOC for a almost year and ½ break.

I thought of the Chain of command in a normal Army infantry company. You have the following ranks, I cut some to better make use of them in the game. Iit worked and rocked when using a Roger Wilco server. Talk about a mobile wreaking team. What I came up with was this;

0. Captain (Only One- The head)
1. 1st Lieutenant (The Captain Assistant) XO
2. 2nd lieutenant (The Officer of a platoon 30 men)

3. Sergeant first class or platoon sergeant (the Officers Assistant, usually a very seasoned soldier of 20-30 years

4. (Warrant Officers) Artist, Mentors, ambassadors (Folks deserving of Officer respect, but not really in the chain of command

5. Staff Sergeants Assistant to the Platoon Sergeant
6. Sergeants Assistant to the Staff Sergeant
7. Corporal Assistant to the Sergeant, a troopers 1st leadership role
8. Private 1st class Dog soldier, common trooper
9. Private Trainee.

What I noticed in most guilds was that everyone wanted to be top dog and no one wanted to be the common soldier. This was insane. You would have folk that were completely useless as leaders at 50th all saying this is the way things go, or have thirty level 50 in a group all at rank of 2 and 3. STUPID. Itchuus said something about QUAILTY OF SERVICE. That’s where this ranking platform excels. You can only be promoted AND demote by SKILL OF LEADERSHIP not by level. Any Russian space monkey can make it to the big 5 0. But few are competent leaders! With the rank Structure above you could effectively lead 90 to 120 people or one could keep rolling with it.

The key is in the ranks; you have to have more privates than sergeants, more enlisted than Officers. If a 20th level trooper is leading men and holding things together, MAYBE he should be an officer, or High-ranking Sergeant. Leaders will come and go. Maybe Private “B” has a RL broken leg and is on 24/7. There is nothing wrong with making him a 2nd Lieutenant until he goes back to work full time. Seeing how he has the time and can dedicate the service of quality an officer should to the game. Maybe leadership will pass thru the gauntlet for a year. But the Company will roll on thru.

Also each there is only (1) Captain and (1) XO (1st Lieutenant) These are Position of the Highest Guild authority and can only be relieved by a ¾ Officer vote (Ranks 1-3)

(1) 2nd Lieutenant to every 20 to 30 People
(1) Sergeants 1st Class for every 20 to 30 people
(1) Staff Sergeant for every10 people
(1) Sergeant for every 5 people
(1) Corporal for every Sergeant to abuse (NM old service joke) Really to assist the Sarge (very junior leadership position)

This way we can effectively juggle positions until the most competent and natural leaders are there along with only those who give Quality service. But also allowing those that have time in to find there place.

BUT this isn’t the army; It’s a church! YES which bring me to my point:
THE 2nd HALF

We can do it similar, not so much a rank structure, but with an Officer Corps of the guild. I find that sharing command is silly, even the Bible does not advocate that, but it does stress COMMUNITY, and that’s why we are so (We can change the terms) but to give you an idea, This is what I came up with after a lot of Prayer, and even now I know we need to refine it a bit.

0. Overseer (The Head of the Guild, our Spokesman)
1. Watchman (Over Watch of the Guild, Assist Guild leader)
2. Elders (The Officers Of the Guild, They can hold the Guild Leader Accountable)

3. Apostle (encourage members and assist the Elders)
4. Teacher (This is a High rank of respect, not a leader ship position Artist, crafters, old mentors, and old friends, high level folks who just want drop in.)
5. Prophet (Prophets assist Apostles)
6. Deacon (Deacon assist Prophets)
7. Evangelist (Assist Deacons)
8. Disciple (The heart of our church)
9. Saved (the saved souls)

So with 32 active members and 80 active characters I would go with active members.
So it would break down like this::

(1) Elder For every 20 to 30 People
(1) Apostle for every 20 to 30 people
(1) Prophet for every10 people
(1) Deacon for every 5 people
(2) Evangelist For every Deacon
(Unlimited) Disciple (The heart of our church)
(Unlimited) Saved
(Unlimited) Teacher (but not to out weight our disciples and saved) (This is a High rank of respect, not a leadership position -Artist, crafters, old mentors, and old friends, high level folks who just want drop in.)

The key is in the ranks; you have to have more Disciples than Prophets, more Saved than Apostles. If a 20th level trooper is leading men and holding things together, MAYBE he should be an officer, or High-ranking Deacon. Leaders will come and go. Maybe Disciple “B” has a RL broken leg and is on 24/7. There is nothing wrong with making him an Apostle until he goes back to work full time. Seeing how he has the time and can dedicate the service of quality an officer should to the game. Maybe leadership will pass thru the gauntlet for a year. But the Church will roll on thru.

So with the Ranks as such (and the titles don’t really matter) as much as the position and who’s in it. We want to have fun, but our guild leader and Officers should be planning things and making things happen. Right now, I find and see not enough events. I am not complaining as much as stating a fact. I love our guild. I believe God can use any medium to expand His kingdom.

I think we could take our guild to the next level, I know our leaders right now are wearing many hats (in real life and the game.) I believe as a Guild, a Church, we could ease their burden and make ourselves a Real (In Game Church) right here in DAOC

God Bless

Montrez Anthony

Back