Bloopers

Halonic

Do you ever have one of those moments in-game where you kind of look around and hope nobody saw what you just did?

I had two of them in the past week and can just offhand think of at least one more.

Hathil Galion and I were the 2 Monks on a 5-man Oro run in Sorrow's Furnace.. I was the bonder and he was the healer. Everything was very routine. We killed the boss under the bridge. It is a long run then back to where you do the quest. Our group got strung out and I lost the bonds on the warrior due to distance. I waited for the group to catch up with me and re-bonded the warrior......or so I thought. We started the quest and I can just imagine what Hathil thought because it turned out that I had bonded the wrong person. The warrior and a Necro both had somewhat similar names and I put barrier, bond, vital blessing, and life attunement all on the wrong person. Needless to say we died and I wondered sheepishly just how badly they thought of me when I told them I had bonded the wrong person.

We had a full guild group that did the Wilds mission the other night. I took my Necro. We ran into a big group of Centaurs and everyone died but me. No problem......I had Rebirth. I had to worm around trying to rebirth someone without aggroing the Centaurs. The group was telling me to rebirth Maid Mirawyn. Well I couldn't get to her without aggro so I went for the closest person. It was Kidan. There was a reason Kidan was closest. He was AFK. I think everyone in the group knew it but me. I rezzed him and wondered why he didn't run. He was killed again quickly. To his credit, Kidan never said anything about the DP when he came back but if he had looked closely at Angelina County he would have seen a sheepish look on her face.

Another time a guild group was doing something in the desert. Rahab Dredd was our healer.......we thought. The first group we encountered was dealing us some misery when Rahab said we needed to step back inside. He had all his skills set correctly but had forgotten to rearrange his attributes.........he had zero points in healing. Imagine clicking your healing skills and seeing no results.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

I definitely remember a few times where I've forgotton to equip the right weapon for the build (ie using air weapons with fire build). I also know I've forgotten to change attribute points a few times. Made it halfway through quest wondering why I couldn't seem to do any real damage.

HEY!! I did not give you permission to say such Slanderish things about my Monk!! Whatever he said is not true not true I tell you!!! Or maybe I have made myself believe it never happened. :0)

actually, that may have been me... 'cause i remember doing that, except it was on a sorrow's run... so maybe not, or the old man's memory is squishing things together ;)

It comes from being a Texan!

lol j/k, that was all in good fun. ;)

Anyway, I have those moments in real life AND in GW about every... oh... 5 minutes :eek:

Me: Oooo I am going to PWN those avicaras with this
*nukes multiple times*
Me: WHAT THE
Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Someone: ?
Me: I have 0 fire attributes and 12 air... -.0

we died.

there was this one time i was posting about a new solo build i made for eles and i was like: farm hyrdras outside of kryta... then someone told me they were lightening drakes.....

Guess what I did! I was supposed to help heal minions in a MF build and umm I had all the right skills but um nothing into healing attribute wise :0)

This is not really the same thing...but I guess you could say another guy made his own blooper and it cost him.

I made my own Bortak's staff out of a collector staff but instead of the +7 armor on Bortak's I put a + 30 staff wrapping instead. This made my uncustomized Bortak expendable.

I had been watching for about a week for a WTB for Bortak's Bone Staff. I had it in mind that I could get 50k for it.

I logged in at War Camp yesterday and the very first line in my chat window said "WTB Bortak's Bone Staff for 60k". Well that made my two-finger typing go into warp drive. I could just see that extra 10k in my pack.

I told him I had one for 60k and we met at storage. He tried the old bait & switch on me. I put the staff in the trade window......he put 60k in the trade window.

I clicked "accept" and.........he killed the trade window. It popped back up and I put the staff back in it. His part popped up and....lo and behold.......it only had 55k for his offer instead of the 60k agreed on. No explanation......he just wanted to chop 5k off his offered price.

Well there were several things he didn't know. I am no noob....been there.....done that on the switcheroo. He didn't know that I wasn't desperate to sell like most folks are. But the main thing is that I am a hard-headed old man that dearly loves to jack with folks who think they can take advantage of me.

Keep in mind that this is a 45-50k staff we are talking about. As soon as I slammed the window shut with that 55k offer in it I took off running for the other end of town. I didn't stop till I got to the henchies (if they follow you you know you can jack with them some more).

Sure enough he followed. He tried to reopen the trade window. I clicked "decline" without even opening it. He finally typed "I really want that staff". I said "You lied".

He tried to open the trade window again. Again I declined without opening it. He typed in ???. I typed back and said "you are not trustworthy".

He typed back and said "If you will sell me that staff I will give you 65k for it. I typed "last chance".

By this time I was laughing so hard I hurt. Sure enough I sold him that 50k staff for 65k. Bet he doesn't try the old switcheroo any more.

That was funnier than a screen door in a submarine. I had another like that one time. I am notorious for just giving them a price and thats it. I don't haggle, I don't want offers, I just tell em what I want for it and they either buy it or adios. Makes me no difference. I'd rather lose a sale than go through all that haggling.

It was a Stoneheart long ago. It was early in the morning and the place was temple of ages of all places. He said WTB. I said got one for 65k firm. In my case firm means firm.

He chose to ignore the "firm" part. He offered me less. I said no. He offered me again. I asked what part of firm he didn't understand. He kept mouthing so I said.....its now 67k instead of 65k. He was indignant.

He wanted that Stoneheart bad. He finally said...okay I'll give you the 65k for it. I said....."no, the price is now 70k". He still tried to haggle. Finally I said I'm off to the UW.

In mid run I get a whisper. He said I need that Stoneheart. I said I don't haggle. He mouthed enough that I thought to get rid of him. I'll told him the price was now 75k and not a penny less (thinking I would be done with him).

He told me to whisper when I was through with my run. I did and lo and behold he bought that Stoneheart for 75k and even said thank you. I couldn't help but smile.

Aren't you glad I don't sell to guildies? Just remember that when I give you something and you say "what do you want for it??" and I say "nothing, its free".........that I don't haggle.

Last edited:
I've had a couple of these with my new warrior, especailly when i run off, kick the monsters butt, and turn around to find I'm by myself...

I think my most common 'i hope they didnt see that' is when i meteor shower just after/as something dies....

^^ Orion???

I think my silliest is when making a griffon run, there is no way for a solo warrior to kill off the Monk boss Griffon.

It took me about 45 minutes to figure that out on my first successful run.:D

I also have one of these....
I was doing the mission Sanctum Cay and I had the Sceptor of Orr because i was the monk and it wouldnt effect my healing.
It slipped my mind that when you have the sceptor all the enemies go after you.
So I got bombarded and died and then got laughed at and yelled at... then 2 ppl left and we had to finish the mission with only 4 ppl.

The End

Well, I once left Maid Mirawyn logged in all night in town. Came back and had a string of messages from a friend needing help. Oops...

My poor mesmer. Probably got mistreated by warriors...

I pulled a mob of minotaurs down on my group the one and only time I tried Galrath. I was fleeing something else, trying to get far enough to use Troll Unguent without dying and didnt' see them in time. Big oops...But not as big as it could be. The two warriors had already made the two mobs go aggro at the same time...twice.

It didn't improve. That was basically the same "tactic" through the whole thing. They just didn't get it, resulting in the most idiotic conversation with one of the warriors. He said on the team channel, "monk and mesmer far back." (Or something like that.) I asked if he was telling us to stay back or complaining we were too far back. Turns out he wanted us to charge into melee. I politely explained that it would be a very bad idea. Then he was...rather rude. So I replied, "We are casters. We stay back here and cast spells. You are a warrior. You run up and hit things. We don't." Then he got really snippy (but got slightly more careful and quite blaming us after a bit more ranting), but we all had 45-60% dp already, so it didn't really matter.

All told, three out of the six in our group were completely inept, resulting in massive dp for all! So I guess it was the best possible time to do something really stupid. (Dumb, on the other hand, happens way too often...)

Last edited:
I have a new one of these that happened to me the other day.
I was doing an oro farm with a group and i was the tank. Well you all know that the tank has to hold the gear to attract all the enemys. At one point the MM had no minions so we werent doing any damage. All we had to kill was a boss. So i droped the gear to help kill the boss. Except i kinda forgot to pick it up when we killed the boss. When i finally realized that i didnt pick it up we had only 3 guys on our tails and i started heading back. The only problem was i had to head back through the hammers that will kill you instantly if you get hit...:eek:
with my luck i got hit and they all were very hap.. mad at me. :(
But all in all we finished the run but i was very embaressed :eek:

what can i say short term memory? :D

Zanthox said:
I think my most common 'i hope they didnt see that' is when i meteor shower just after/as something dies....

I've had quite a few of those with my spell interrupt...which is bad, because they all have looong recharges. Ocassionally it's not my fault: they'll blunder into a trap and die suddenly, or something.

But usually, it's all me. I get so intent on interrupting something like Aftershock that. I just don't notice the health bar dropping. Oops. :eek:

Double bloopers are really rare. I had one today and even though I was solo at the time it was really funny. I went farming Ettins out of Seaboard with my W/Mo. I had redone skills and switched from W/Me just to do this run.

I realized when I got to the Ascalon Settlement that for some unknown reason I had removed Healing Signet from my skill bar. No problem.....I still had Healing Breeze. I tackled the first group of three Ettins. I killed one and my health began to be dangerously low. I popped Healing Breeze and died anyway.

Well, I chalked it up to experience that breeze was not enough to keep me alive against Ettins so I went back to Seaboard to reequip Healing Signet. It was only when I got back that I realized that I had zero attribute points in Healing Prayers.

Times like these makes me glad I was solo at the time.

Back