Tek + Ember + Nintendo Wii = fun

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
At the risk of losing Chickensoup's respect, I camped out at a local Gamestop with my wife and other Wii-seekers starting at 9:40 p.m. last night.

Twelve hours of waiting, one hour of sleep, and several trips to the local gas station later, I purchased a Wii at approximately 10:05 a.m. Central today.

I'll likely tell the whole story some time, but it's already after 10:30 p.m. now and I need to catch up on sleep.

But I will post these tidbits:
  • Following my wife's suggestion, I purchased Rayman: Raving Rabbids with the Wii, and I love it.
  • Between my wife and I, we visited three Gamestop locations before the end of the day: Both of us camped out for the Wii, my wife bought a Wii Remote at one location (that didn't have Wii Nunchucks), and I bought a Wii Nunchuck at another location (that didn't have Wii Remotes).
  • I've only slept three hours in the past two days.
  • The Wii supports WPA encryption, which is seriously cool since WEP encryption is now so easily cracked.
Here are a few photos as well:

A photo of my wife camping out next to the hideous but oh-so-comfortable folding chair. Notice how Mario looms menacingly behind.

This is a shot of me with a delirious smile at about 10:10 a.m. this morning after purchasing the Wii and walking out of Gamestop.

Here's a shot of all the merchandise (Wii, extra Remote, extra Nunchuck, Rayman: Raving Rabbids).

And here's a picture of my wife threatening me with her fresh-out-of-the-package Wii Remote. (Note the Dreamcast Keyboard in the background.)

Finally, here's a "screenshot" proving that my wife beat me in Wii Bowling.

I'll post more to come in the following days, but I likely will be distracted for a week or so as I work to lower my Wii Sports "fitness age" and unlock more mini-games in Rayman: Raving Rabbids.

If you own a Wii and want to exchange Wii numbers, please send me a forum PM.

Ahh Memories.
Congrats to you and the Mrs.
Be careful if you don't have the new and improved strap!! :)

Yay for Tek! That Rayman game looks pretty fun, I'm still quite fond of all out war with any type of Soul Calibur game :crosses fingers:

I had thought about going up to the mall when I got off work Sunday morning, NOBODY was there at 4:30, alas, I only had $30 in my wallet :p

Camping out all night for a video game is for n00bs.

Just wait a year for a price drop, not only will you not make a fool of yourself by camping out (sometimes in bad weather) but it'll cost less

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;197877 said:
Not just beat, DOMINATED. Kudos to you for picking a wife that can pwn you every once in a while (or maybe more often, I don't know).

my guess would be more often...:p

my guess would be more often...:p
Of course!

But yeah, we COULD wait and not camp, but
1) it was an adventure
2) the weather was GREAT and the line wasn't bad at all. Some nice people even bought us hot chocolate.
3) I can do crazy things like that since school is out
4) I think it's a safe bet that it won't go down by more than $50 in a year. I think it's worth the $50 for an extra year of fun with the system.
5) Tek needs fun things to do when I'm in Middleofnowhere, Oklahoma for school. :)

Sigh, I'm surprised no one has commented on my super-cool, technologically advanced Yahzee handheld game.

Pfft...constructive. I had just finished finals. I was looking for the LEAST constructive thing I could possibly do. ;)

Sigh, I'm surprised no one has commented on my super-cool, technologically advanced Yahzee handheld game.
Actually, when I looked at the picture, I thought that's what it was. I have one, too. =)

when i went with my friend to get his wii, the hackysack was the game of choice because it got us all warmed up. we passed couple DS's around with tetris but this azn pwned everyone, i got the closest to beating him

Back