My Playstation 2 ate my SoulCalibur III "Chronicles of the Sword" save game

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Fifteen levels down. FIF. TEEN. Anyone who has played through the "Chronicles of the Sword" mode in SoulCalibur III knows how agonizing an experience that can be.

So my Playstation 2 decides to eat my Chronicles of the Sword save data. And this is apparently a common problem. No way (that I've found) to restore it.

The only good news is that (I think) my brother-in-law still has a copy of the save data on his PS2 memory card. I really, really hope he does. Otherwise, I will never play Chronicles of the Sword again.

/me shakes fist at Namco

I didn't even know it was out! My PS2 is busted and doesn't like working. Is it out on XBox?
SoulCalibur III has been out for a while now.

Unfortunately, it's a Playstation 2 exclusive. Let's hope Namco pulls their head out of the sand and doesn't make the same mistake with SoulCalibur IV.

EDIT: I'm going to try to find a way to network my PS2 and PC so I can copy save data from the memory card to my PC. I haven't been able to find a clear tutorial on this yet, so if someone can PM me a link with instructions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Unfortunately, it's a Playstation 2 exclusive. Let's hope Namco pulls their head out of the sand and doesn't make the same mistake with SoulCalibur IV.

*drools at the thought of SC IV on the Wii* ^^

I think Tek and I had discussed that. Imagine SC IV with the Wii and maybe a Powerglove. What a wrestling match that would be!

Soul Calibur II was the first Gamecube game that I bought after getting my Wii. I wish that I could play SCIII on either Wii or Xbox, but it's not a big deal. I've thought about eventually buying a PS2, but it'll probably never happen.

Back