NFRD2: Black Morass and Beyond

Yesmina

Close to around the beginning of BC, I started the Notes from a Resto Druid thread. I've found that almost everything I wrote has been true for me, however I have 'matured' some in my playing and wanted to show where I have Yesmina at now.

Int and Spi

Pre-BC the big emphasis was on int. Really thats all you needed to heal as a druid. After 60, this becomes one of the least valuable stats. What is int useful for? having a big mana bar and getting crit heals. A big mana bar is only useful when its full. What happens during the fight? you need to regen. either that or you need to use less mana during the fight. That means you need to cast less or cast bigger (+heal gear). Int also gives crits to heals.. crit heals are nice sometimes, but they arent always a great thing to have going on. I will say that int is great for feral druids who may need to slip into a healing role, due to their bonus which gives them a huge mana pool. I do think some int is nice to have, I just think it should be at the bottom of your list.

i still say +heal is first, mp5 next. I have alot of both and have now been working on her int some but Im also getting ready for using my tree form (i only use it to raid) and gathering some spi (since it gives a bonus to your heals on 20% of your spi).

For regen: I still go by the math that says 2 noncombat spi = 1 mp5 and 4 combat spi = 1 mp5. I have verified that it is true and I stand behind it.

Black Morass

I have been told by a few raiding guilds that I am the only druid they have ever been able to complete black morass with. and they have run it with quite a few apparently. We all know the druids we have seen in raiding guilds.. they are.. or were.. uber (ive seen a few lately who have the resto tier 4 *drool*). Im not saying Im the only druid to successfully heal that place on the first run, I know Im not. Im just saying I have a good idea of what it takes to be an healing druid, and Im pretty good at it. As someone we all know and love once said to me 'you have restored my faith in healing druids'.

The bottom line is that alot of people have had bad experiences with healing druids in BC because of the switch in stat priority. Most restos were (or are) still trying to pack on the int.. and it's costing them. It's costing all of us.

My message to restos: I want people to recognize me as a main healer. I want people to not be afraid of running with druids as a main healer. Stop messing things up for me. XD ((edit: not meant for anyone in our guild))

Gear Me Up to Heal!

The moonglade set is more of a hybrid set than anything. I have some of the pieces, but only use 2. I like the first bonus giving dodge when I cast rejuv, but Im finding it not so useful for certain people. IE: it's not always good for your tankadin to dodge more than hit. That being said, Yesmina is currently using the shoulders and cowl (which is awesome with the bracing meta gem and HH glyph of healing.. can we say +heal to almost 120 just on your head? plus threat reduction, plus mp5.. plus plus plus..) but the other moonglade pieces are stashed in the bank. I dont really want a set with strength and agility on them to be honest, so as I find better these get banked. Tier 4 is awesome, but I wont be seeing it for a while.

Hallowed Raiment is UBER. I wear the chestpiece and its so wonderful (the moonglade chest runs a good second to it)!! I'm definitely looking to get other pieces as well. If it's better than what you have, get them. Dont worry about the armor reduction. By now your groups should be able to keep mobs off you. If they cant, get a new group because youre still going to die in leather. Dont you dare roll on these set pieces if there is a priest in your group who needs them.

http://worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/armorsets/

What's Yesmina wearing now? Read on..

Last edited:
Id like to use the Armory, but Im not familiar enough with it. If youd like to send me a private message (please dont post it here) that would be helpful!

As of right now and unbuffed, Yesmina's stats are as follows:

intstats.jpg

What she's Wearing

Head: Moonglade Cowl with a Dazzling Talasite , Bracing Earthstorm Diamond (meta gem) , and Glyph of Renewal

Neck: Sethekk Oracle's Focus

Shoulder: Moonglade Shoulders with 2 Teardrop Living Rubies

Back: Avian Cloak of Feathers with 120 armor enchant

Chest: Hallowed Garments with Teardrop Living Ruby, Dazzling Talasite and Luminous Noble Topaz with 6 mp5 enchant

Wrist: Cenarion Bracers with +24 healing enchant

Hands: Gloves of Preservation with +30 heal enchant

Waist: Dragonhawk Belt of the Hierophant (33 sta 22 spi 48 heal 156 armor)

Legs: Kilt of the Night Strider with teardrop blood garnet, luminous noble topaz, royal shadow draenite and silver spellthread

Feet: Jeweled Boots of Sanctification (cloth) with +5 spi enchant

Rings: Keeper's Ring of Piety and Ring of Convalescence Id like some enchants on these :)

Trinkets: Jewel of Charismatic Mystique ( a MUST have.. but situational. useful in places liek shatterred halls on big pulls) and Lower CIty Prayerbook

Main Hand: Lightsworn Hammer with 30 intellect enchant

Offhand: Netherwing Spiritualist's Charm

Relic: Harold's Rejuvenating Broach

What I am coveting for Yesmina

of course there are all kinds of purples im wanting, but these are some from the nonheroic 5 mans.

The Sleeper’s Cord – Wrath Scryer Sothoccrates, one of the two mod-bosses in Arcatraz.

Bangle of Endless Blessings Warp Splinter, final boss of Botanica.. I passed on this once, very foolishly. It has a use which gives an additional 150 spirit for 20 seconds. Used during innervate and ticks become huge. Used during combat, it gives the equivilent of almost 40 mp5. It also has a chance on spellcast to proc an additional 15% mana regen from spirit for 15 seconds. I love the trinkets im using now, but I cant believe I passed it. Im dumb!

Serpentcrest Life-Staff Mekgineer Steamrigger, second boss of Steamvaults. I already have a great 1h Mace, but this would be sweet for my tree form. And it looks cool.

I really want some bracers!!

To be Conitnued Im sure...

Last edited:
coveting to replace Jewel of Charismatic Mystique:

Timelapse Shard

+25 Stam
23 Resilience Rating
Use: Reduces your threat to enemy targets within 30 yards, making them less likely to attack you

nice! again, these trinkets are situational. I dont use them all the time, certainly not in a raid or something where I wont be getting the hate. It works really well in SV.

incidentally, Lower City Prayerbook only has a 1 minute cooldown, its awesome. I hit it and then cast as many lifeblooms as humanly possible in that time haha.. they better not nerf this.

This seems nice Warp Scarab Brooch ~ Heroic Mana Tombs off the Prince

a nice alternative is Heavenly Inspiration which comes from a quest!

HEALING TRINKETS

Last edited:
Back