ToJ 8th Anniversary Celebration

Shagz

Hey guys,

The ToJ's 8th Anniversary is this month, and we're looking to hold a week of gaming events between the 20th and 26th! I figure we should have a good ol' fashion UT throw down. :)

What are people's schedules next week? Things are looking free and open for me on Mon, 21st / Tues, 22nd / Thurs 24th, and potentially Wed 23rd if need be.

I'm up for anything, be it UT2004 or some old school UT99. Takers?

What are people's schedules next week? Things are looking free and open for me on Mon, 21st / Tues, 22nd / Thurs 24th, and potentially Wed 23rd if need be.
I'm good Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday, at least for 30-60 minutes of play.

Tuesday seems like a good night for everybody...also floated the idea of making the night part of the Scrim that Cap'n Teabags is talking about in the other thread.

Thoughts?

K, monday's coming up fast, and I already made plans for that evening, and Tek and Cap't can't make Tues anymore.

Wed or Thurs?

Thursday works for me. I have my kids on Wednesday's. Tuesday works OK for me too. I was talking about the CO30 scrimmage not working on Tuesday in my other post. I can play on Monday Tuesday and Thursday if you guys want to meet up on multiple days. Here is another question where are we going to play? ;)

Wednesday night is church for me and my wife.

Thursday works.

K, let's shoot for Thurs! I'll make an official announcement in the general forum and post something on the calendar later tonight; for now I'm on my out the door.

As for *where*, that will depend on what we want to do. We don't have our own server, but there are plenty good ones there. Fractionary is always good for DM, but we can go Onslaught or even Jailbreak. And I've also floated the idea of going old school with some UT99. :)

I'm open to suggestions.

What time? I'm guessing we will find each other with xfire. I set up teamspeak, but haven't tested it. Not sure how to use it exactly. I assume it uses a microphone.

Yes. It is not impossible, but it is EXTREMELY difficult to play competitive UT without a microphone. Since we're gonna start scrimming, you should invest in a VOIP headset with microphone, you can get them for as little as 15 bucks at wal mart, though increased price usually also means increased comfort, quality, and durability. ;)

If you have a desk mic, that might work too, as long as you use headphones for your sound output.

Yes. It is not impossible, but it is EXTREMELY difficult to play competitive UT without a microphone. Since we're gonna start scrimming, you should invest in a VOIP headset with microphone, you can get them for as little as 15 bucks at wal mart, though increased price usually also means increased comfort, quality, and durability. ;)

If you have a desk mic, that might work too, as long as you use headphones for your sound output.

I do have headphones that have a mic built into them, they don't have the best sound quality but they will work. I think they are analog though not voip, i'm not sure how to tell the difference.

I set up teamspeak, but haven't tested it. Not sure how to use it exactly.
I'm guessing that we'll want to use the Tribe of Judah channels on the Christian Gamers Alliance TeamSpeak Server. You can find more info, including server address and instructions for connecting, on the CGA TS Server here.

Do you guys think that is in the realm of possibility
I could try to serve as a backup player, but my schedule wouldn't allow for regular matches. :(

K, let's shoot for Thurs! I'll make an official announcement in the general forum and post something on the calendar later tonight; for now I'm on my out the door.
What time on Thursday? Let me know and I'll mark it on my calendar.

And I've also floated the idea of going old school with some UT99. :)
If we decide to play UT99, please let me know so I can dig up my UT99 CD and re-install it.

OK, how about 9pm Eastern (8pm Central), Thurs, May 24th. Tek, can you update your schedule thread with this information? Gracias!

Meet on XFire and the ToJ Teamspeak server. We'll go with UT2004 me thinks, as I believe we all have that readily available and I haven't heard anything from the UT99 players speaking a preference.

I'll try and scout out an assortment of potential servers (say, TDM, DM and Onslaught...maybe some Jailbreak?) and post 'em back here for people to check pings.

Any issues with those start times, post here and we'll try and get something that works for everybody.

I do have headphones that have a mic built into them, they don't have the best sound quality but they will work. I think they are analog though not voip, i'm not sure how to tell the difference.

What you're describing is pretty much what Kraniac meant by VOIP headset, I believe. VOIP is just used a lot to describe an integrated headphone/mic headset because VOIP (like Teamspeak, Skype, Ventrilo) is pretty much what you use it for. And yea, I second his motion, having a headset is pretty important for any kind of competition gaming.

(I'll respond to some of the other stuff by posting over in the "Scrim?" thread instead of here)

OK, how about 9pm Eastern (8pm Central), Thurs, May 24th.
Sounds great, I'll be there :D

And yea, I second his motion, having a headset is pretty important for any kind of competition gaming.

I normally use a headset just because you can hear if someone's coming a lot easier. I haven't played competition style so you guys are going to have to whip me into shape.

Here's a few servers we could potentially hit up tonight. I wanted to get this list up earlier but sleep caught me unawares. :p

DM
ut2004://72.51.60.141:7777
ut2004://69.65.31.134:7777

TDM
ut2004://64.182.108.246:10000
ut2004://63.94.115.120:8888

ONS
ut2004://72.51.60.248:7777
ut2004://66.225.202.212:7777
ut2004://24.210.20.32:7002

Jailbreak
ut2004://204.14.244.53:7777

What time? I'm guessing we will find each other with xfire. I set up teamspeak, but haven't tested it. Not sure how to use it exactly. I assume it uses a microphone.

Yes a microphone and headset preferred.
Xfire and teamspeak just to make sure we can catch up with each other.
Someone should be online to help set up and test your teamspeak, maybe before game time. :)

Back