54 days, played NO COMPUTER GAMES!

Corpfox

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960914651

*CRIES*

Makes me just as sad when Superman honourable saved the people from removing the Kryptonite Island.

In a few months, my 4 year profile record of Starcraft/Brood War will finally be erased!

Technically, I just played couple years off-line, many years on-line. I would of never played on-line if I knew what was the Internet.

Seriously, CAN YOU STOP PLAYING COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE FOR 54 days!

Realistically, yes, it does say I logged last time in 54 days. But think about it, my room has a empty hole below my desk, my monitor, keyboard and mouse are connected to NOTHING and this computer is an old 633 mhz thats not suppose to use Windows XP! :mad:

But I have been playing my PS2 more than I have before, especially a real awesome PS2 version of Advance Wars, Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed.

It is such a awesome game, real vehicles, real weapons, so awesome! :cool:

924947_20071211_screen005.jpg

Realistically, yes, it does say I logged last time in 54 days.
Congratulations on kicking the habit, Corpfox.

Sometimes we need to step away from something completely to re-evaluate our priorities and find a way to enjoy things in moderation.

By the way, is Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed known by a different title in the US? I noticed the text in the screenshot you posted was all in English, but the title of the game is in Japanese.

By the way, is Dai Senryaku VII: Exceed known by a different title in the US? I noticed the text in the screenshot you posted was all in English, but the title of the game is in Japanese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisenryaku_Portable#Dai_Senryaku_VII:_Modern_Military_Tactics

The game on X-Box is a different name, but still, same game.

Yeah, I think its originally a Japanese game. The Campaigns I've played have a modern Anime-look.

This picture shows your "advisor" looks anime.

http://www.valcongames.com/images/games/ds7exceed-ps2/screens/img001.jpg

However, you can choose Male or No advisor, as well as 8 different songs for your theme while playing/battling.

Their website.

http://www.valcongames.com/dsexceed-ps2.htm

Its a good value, I got it for about $20, US is about $15?

It looks exactly what each country uses:

USA: A-10s, F-22s, M1A2 tanks, etc.
Russia: SU-34s, Mig 27s, T-90 tanks, etc.

As well as the other countries. Plus each Campaign and Missions you beat, you unlock more units, such as F-35s for USA and T72 tanks for Russia.

Also, as the website shows, its 4-players and has a map editor. I don't think you can a game like that for about $20 CDN ($15 US?)!

Oh, and the battling is customizable, depending what they or you equipped with.

The USA M1A2s have 120mm Cannon and Machine guns. While the Russian T90s have 125mm Cannon, Machine guns, and a special ranged missile launcher.

I believe if you are a fan of Advance Wars, you should totally get this game!

Oh wow, look, it does use the real weapons!

T-90

M1A2

*Drools* :p

Last edited:
good to see u post it up on the forums corp, been prayin for ya.

good to see u post it up on the forums corp, been prayin for ya.

:mad::(

Kinda annoyed now. My "addiction" counselor told me I also cannot play any video games.

Though, it would be interesting to go in these, NA meetings.

Honestly, I'm disappointed these, NA meetings, are in Churches...

However, I do not believe going to Churches will convert me to any of you people. :rolleyes:

While we (as church-type folk; I'll continue to use "we" "us" and "our" - meaning Christians, the Church) hope that you would see the benefit of having the long-term support we have to offer - eternal recovery through Jesus, I don't think that anyone expects a person to "convert" just because you're receiving help in our buildings.

You've got a problem that you admitted you needed help with. We're just happy that you're allowing us to offer whatever help we can.

Would we like for you to find the Hope that we have? Absolutely! Would we like for you to become a member of the church that helped you? Absolutely! Would we like to see you recover from your addiction and potentially help others in the future? Absolutely!

Would we be horribly upset if you don't become a Christian, don't join the church, or don't help others? A bit disappointed, but not shocked or appalled.

Just know that we support you in your struggles.

:mad::(

Kinda annoyed now. My "addiction" counselor told me I also cannot play any video games.

Though, it would be interesting to go in these, NA meetings.

Honestly, I'm disappointed these, NA meetings, are in Churches...

However, I do not believe going to Churches will convert me to any of you people. :rolleyes:

Chants One of Us, One of us, One of us... :p

No seriously seconding Durruck I too do not expect going to a church for help is going to convert you (although I am always hopeful) and I am glad you are getting help for the gaming thing. Real life > games :)

The way I view it religion should be a choice first. Sure you can point out flaws in people, but expect to be measured by the same standard. If you are in people's faces forcing things into their ears then chances are you are doing it wrong.

I think Christianity as a whole is thrown off track by some of the old testament. Often times people try to follow it judiciously, which is quiet impractical in today's society. I believe that when Jesus came he tried to instill that He simply wanted a relationship with us. The sin comes from tearing apart relationship with God and hurting Him.

I think this confusion comes from the pill popper age where people just want to fix something, when in fact they are just covering up the symptoms and not really diagnosing the problem. Most people probably go to Church out of tradition or to try and learn how to live happy(er) yet what they really need is a social relationship with the community and with God.

The way I view it religion should be a choice first. Sure you can point out flaws in people, but expect to be measured by the same standard. If you are in people's faces forcing things into their ears then chances are you are doing it wrong.

I think Christianity as a whole is thrown off track by some of the old testament. Often times people try to follow it judiciously, which is quiet impractical in today's society. I believe that when Jesus came he tried to instill that He simply wanted a relationship with us. The sin comes from tearing apart relationship with God and hurting Him.

I think this confusion comes from the pill popper age where people just want to fix something, when in fact they are just covering up the symptoms and not really diagnosing the problem. Most people probably go to Church out of tradition or to try and learn how to live happy(er) yet what they really need is a social relationship with the community and with God.

Vibrokatana, are you a Christian? If so, you talk just like MaxX.

Waah! So bored.

Reminiscing games I have played on YouTube; Counter-Strike, Starcraft, Resident Evil Outbreak......etc. Even watch funny stuff in CS. :D

Regrettably, the used speakers have the volume settings of 10x and the nob is broken. This monitor is so dang old, as posted recently. And embarrassing, this computer is using 30-90% CPU JUST FOR THIS WEBSITE! Plus, of course, the basic resolution and annoyed this recent PC GAMER magazine DVD can only be used on PC DVD, which this computer still uses a CD-ROM.

I can't even play a game on this old, plastic, slow, cpu eating machine!
I would of said the real explanatory words if I wasn't talking on this particular forum.

69 days done, 385 days left, dot dot dot dot

Pilot 1: We're tracking the Thor. Lance leader, do you copy?
Pilot 2: Moving to the target area. Leg damage is slowing me down.
Firefly's 1 and 2, I can't make it in time.
Soldier: Ahhh!
Pilot 2: Slow him down while I get into position. Your going to have to be the bait.
Pilot 1: Understood, Sir, we're on it.
Pilot 3: Have lock.
Pilot 1: Fire!
Pilot 3: Ahhh! (Dies)
Pilot 2: Dang. Come on, come on...
Pilot 1: Anytime now, Sir.
Pilot 2: Hang on, thats it. (Fires its missiles)
The Thor goes down!

Just sitting around waiting to not play video games and thinking about all the games you are not playing is asking for trouble you need to find another useful interest to fill that time up (I could make a God filling void in life reference here but it's not what I am talking about). Ride a bike, play a sport, paint, clean, read, get a sideline job or whatever as long as it's not destructive or just a replacement addiction. Just my 2 cents altough I do speak from experience.

Sure is weird going to a NA meeting, so much bonding. Seems so familiar to your ways.

I actually can play PC/Video games, I just shouldn't play on my abnormal routine. Or drinking while playing games. :p

I'll play video games a few hours at a time and still leave my computer out of the fritz till the end of this year.

Last edited:
Back