Guild Name: Sentinels of Purification
Tag:[Pure]
Members: 5
Leader: Obsidian Paladin
Officers: Death Stigma, Lady Ami Sakura
Members: Doomy Panda, [...forgot name?]
Alliance Faction: Kurzick (Currently 28,000 8:10 PM 5-7-08]

Information:
My guild is based on people I know in real life. We currently have only 3/5 active players, I am the most active though. My friend "Death Stigma" are currently trying to get as many factions as possible. Our guild hall is EMPTY, and we are proud of that :)... Oh, and best of all we all be Chrisitians. Jesus FTW.

Hi Sentinels! Glad to see another group of Christians out there. We, the officers and leader, will talk about adding another guild to the alliance and hopefully get back to you soon.

Homeslice Crew Guild Request to Join Alliance

Guild Name: The Homeslice Crew
Tag:[HsC]
Members: 15
Leader: Lydia Skyhaven
Officers: Lyphis Paine (me), Edain Murdalizes, Player Kai

What we're about:
Setting the Christian side of things for a second...any GW guild just exists so that you have people to play with, organize a bit, and the ability to organize as a team. It's all about community, friendship, and cooperation. We are no different, and we love to play GW. Along with that, we try to be helpful to each other and display the love of Jesus to everybody we meet.

As a Christian guild, evangelism is not necessarily our #1 goal. Jesus did come to save those who needed saving, not those who are good enough...so, of course we are here to be a witness for Christ to any who might be willing to listen. We just feel that arguing with an entire district in GW is not the best approach for this, and is more likely to push many away from God than pull them towards Him.

Our goal for ministry as a guild is an internal one: to disciple one another. We look out for and care for each other in ways that tend to be very difficult with people we knew in "real life." Ultimately, we exist to help each other up when we're down, and to encourage each other when we are not...setting each other on fire for Jesus. Please let myself or any of our other officers know if you have any other questions about us.

WoX - Way of Cross guild looking to connect/ally with other Christian guilds

Hey guilders!

Looking for connections to Christian guilds like SoE. Also hear that there are some Christian alliances I can join our guild to. Please let me know. I want our small guild to be able to work with other guilds and grow.

We currently are only 4 buddies dedicated to the cause of Christ. Most of us are in church/evangelical ministry ourselves or have been. We are all dedicated to being a light in the dark in the GW world. :)

We are not actively recruiting but would love to have other ministers and dedicated evagelizers come join us. We do no go about accosting people, We merely seek to be nice, often giving a away our extra loot instead of selling it all. And hope to build connections that lead to opportunities to share or at least represent Christ well. :D

We've 4 have been associated with S. Bapt. but truly not stuck on it. Jesus is first before any denom. As such, we tend to lean toward those doctrines but wouldn't require that of any new members. In the end, our stance is very similar to SoE's statement.

Okay, so I guess that's long winded enough. :rolleyes: Want to chat in the game just add Rusty Cross as a friend. Or grab any WoX members you see. We are often in the Europe Dist 1 due to one of our clan is a missionary over seas in Japan. We'd be happy to hang out, chat, help or encourage anyone of you. Just let us know. :D

Original thread deleted with note for Moderators pointing to this post.
Thank you Tek7 :)

Praise God! :)

Isaiah 61:7
Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, And instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; Everlasting joy shall be theirs.

I hate to make you feel like a ping-pong ball here, but I thought it would be best to split this off from the membership request thread to make it easier for the other guild leaders to find and comment on the thread.

I'll send messages to all the leaders names I still have.

EDIT: I also just noticed the thread posted by [WoX] and merged that in as well.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in response here. I PM'ed the leaders from each of the guilds in the alliance and have only received a reply from one other group. I also got pretty busy this week, not to mention a little distracted.

From the last time we invited guilds to our alliance, our guidelines were:
-All members of the guild must be Christian - While using a guild as outreach is admirable, we wish to make our alliance a safe haven away from bad language and verbal attacks on our faith.
-The guild leader or a designated "ambassador" must be willing to visit our forums to keep contact with leadership of the other guild leaders/ambassadors.
-Our preference is for larger more stable guilds so that we don't have an inactive guild in our alliance.

Please contact me in-game to discuss these points. Based on the feedback I've gotten from SoE/SOE officers and LoL, we're definately open to accepting more guilds into the alliance (2 open spots right now). Otherwise, another option might be to have your members join Tribe of Judah (visit www.toj.cc for details) and merge into SoE and/or SOE.

DZ,
Were you able to get a hold of anybody from our guild? I will add you in game and say hello next time I see you on.

I had a quick question for you on the "all members must be Christian" rule. All of our members have professed their faith in Christ...and we actively promote/recruit as a Christian guild. We most certainly do allow cussing, tearing each other down, and would have zero tolerance for any Jesus bashing by a guild member if it were to occur. However, we do not have any set rule that we will not allow a non-Christian to join...provided that they can comply with the above and don't mind being around a bunch of people who love Christ. Would it be an issue if we were in SoE and somebody like that joined our guild?

Assuming we were accepted into your alliance, I will act as our ambassador. Just let me know which forums I need to subscribe to so that I can reply in a timely manner. There are a lot of threads to keep track of. :)

Finally, how large is large? We have not been around terribly long, but are up to 24 folks and still growing pretty well. We take great care in selecting our officers to help prevent in-fighting and keep with the guild vision...but would welcome any advice from some of the older guilds on staying stable.

PS: If you are referencing what I think you are with your avatar...good one :)

Wow, when you first posted you had 15 members. Now your up to 24. Quite a jump since then. good job. a final review should be done soon.

May I just (as an officer in an alliance guild) inquire as to your post? I believe you made a typo with

We most certainly do allow cussing, tearing each other down
Now I know it is not my role to say if you're allowed in or not, just checking to see if you meant "do not" instead of do.

Wow, when you first posted you had 15 members. Now your up to 24.
We most certainly do allow cussing, tearing each other down
Yes, we discovered that cussing like Luxons and talking smack to others were a tremendous boon on our recruiting efforts, especially in PvP areas... Ok, just kidding there...I started typing "we definitely do frown upon" and meant to change it to "do not allow" but somehow missed my not. Thanks for catching that, AJ! :eek:

So yeah, we definitely do not put up with any of that stuff. None of us claim to be perfect and we are certainly all sinners...but there is enough of that out and the world, and as DZ said, guild/alliance should be a safe haven. Really, the only thing we are trying to accomplish with our guild is to lift each other up and encourage each other in Christ.

I've been working on ironing out some and will post them here when finished. They will be along the same lines as what the CGA has.

Yes, we discovered that cussing like Luxons and talking smack to others were a tremendous boon on our recruiting efforts, especially in PvP areas... Ok, just kidding there...
ROFL Always good to see a sense of humor from guild officers. :)

Back