Contest - Ugly Cape Screenshot Contest

TheRaven

Here's a fun idea I had. Let's have an Ugly Cape Contest! (Don't Panic Derk. I don't want to change our capes)

The idea is to scout around in towns and find ugly capes. You know you've seen them. Remember the time you were waiting in line at the merchant and that wammo in front of you had the most hideous gold and purple and green cape? How about that necro that joined your pug with the blinding white and lime green cape?

Here's an example of what I'm looking for:

I spotted this fella in Zen Daishen a few months ago. He was the inspiration for this contest.

I really liked the look of the mesmer in this shot. He looks so dignified and regal. I'd like a mesmer like that. Unfortunately he standing next to uglycape man and it just ruined the whole effect.

Here are the rules. They're simple.

1. Spot an ugly cape. Take a screenshot. Post your screenshot in this thread.

2. You cannot create a cape for this contest. You must find them "in the wild". I know some of you have 2nd accounts that could be used to create capes. Please don't. This is cheating. You're on the honor system.

3. No alliance capes are eligible. Past or Present. Although I don't think we have any ugly ones.

4. 1 entry per person. If you submit an entry and later see an even more hideous cape, you're allowed to change your entry.

5. Anyone in the alliance is eligible to enter. Ok, ok. [LION] too.

6. Deadline for entry is midnight, January 31st 2009.

7. Winner will be chosen by an impartial panel. I'll pick the top 5 that I think are the ugliest capes and upload them to another forum site. Perhaps guru or gwauctions and the members there will have a poll to pick the winner.

PRIZES: Prize is a dye set. The winner will receive 2 vials of every color dye. So you never have to suffer with ugly armor.....An ugly cape on the other hand....wellll maybe you can bribe your guild leader with the dye set.

badcape.png

I was reminded of this contest when I found a character with a total white cape with no designs... However, I neglected to take a screenshot.
Shortly after spotting the white sheet, I also found an all-black, designless cape (again, no screenshot).

Seriously... these capes... :p

Baron Squirrel would disagree with that Amicus. In a past cape-contest he "designed" a white cape. It actually got pretty far vote-wise. ;)

Amicus Dei of [FoG];325614 said:
I was reminded of this contest when I found a character with a total white cape with no designs... However, I neglected to take a screenshot.
Shortly after spotting the white sheet, I also found an all-black, designless cape (again, no screenshot).

Seriously... these capes... :p

Baron Squirrel would disagree with that Amicus. In a past cape-contest he "designed" a white cape. It actually got pretty far vote-wise. ;)

and i still like my white cape. if i'd have been active for the last round, i'd have put it in again.

I believe an all white cape with a gold emblem on it one. That was close to yours Baron. Might have been in the same contest as your entry.

As for the ugly design. I have a couple. I just have to choose one and crop it out.. and post it. I'll get on it!

Found this lovely in TA. Nothing scares me more than a warrior with something like that on his back..

Ok, that's a wrap. Thank you everyone that submitted entries. I'll post all the qualified competitors in a poll on gwauction.org. The folks over on that site will pick a winner.

The poll will run thru next Saturday.

Back