Out with the old, in with the new

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
GameServers.com is currently running a holiday sale where all servers are 50% off as long as an account stays active. The Mighty Gerbil informed me of the sale and I just finished setting up three new servers for Tribe of Judah: one for Team Fortress 2, one for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and one for Call of Duty 5: World At War. We will be shutting down our "old" TF2 and CoD4 servers once the necessary files and settings are transferred to the new servers.

Here's a list of both the old and new servers, for reference:

OLD Team Fortress 2 Server: 8.9.3.149:27015
NEW Team Fortress 2 Server: 8.12.19.2:27015

OLD Call of Duty 4 Server: 66.55.142.127:28960
NEW Call of Duty 4 Server: 208.167.244.32:28960 (Server not yet operational)

NEW Call of Duty 5 Server: 208.167.234.130:28960

Please continue to play on the "old" servers until I make a post announcing the new servers are configured and ready for play.

Once the new servers are configured as the server admins wish, we'll be canceling the accounts for the old servers. Once everything's in order, we'll be paying $15 less a month for three servers than we were paying for two.

Big thanks to The Mighty Gerbil for alerting me to the sale and helping me remember to set up the new account before the sale ended. (It's still going as of Sunday, Jan. 11, but there's no indication of when it will end.)

Stay tuned to this thread for updates!

Ooh, new TF2 server has lower latency. 149 down to 130'ish. In Alaska, it's very helpful. :p When we raise enough for our own server, will these new ones close?

Ooh, new TF2 server has lower latency. 149 down to 130'ish. In Alaska, it's very helpful. :p When we raise enough for our own server, will these new ones close?
Yes.

The tentative plan is to purchase server hardware with two quad-core processors (8 cores total), run 6 game servers, and dedicate 2 cores to web site services.

If you don't mind me asking Tek where are we at on raising money for the servers and how much are we looking to raise?

See that little linky on his sig? "Help bring ToJ servers back" give it a whirl...

Back