IMPORTANT - Forums registration process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
This thread is dedicated to helping clarify the forums registration process and answer some frequently asked questions about new accounts.

What's the process for new forums accounts?
  • New user registers a forums account. The account is placed in a moderation queue.
  • If the user does not post during the 7-day period following the registration, the account is deleted.
  • If the user does post within 7 days after registering an account, his or her posts are placed in moderation. This means that his or her posts will not appear publicly until a forums Moderator approve the post.
  • Once a forums Administrator sees that the user has posted at least once and verifies the post does not violate the Terms of Service, the Administrator will approve the new account. The new user's posts will appear immediately (instead of being placed in a moderation queue) after the account is approved.

Why was my forums account deleted?
Most likely it's because you didn't make your first post within 7 days of registering.

Why do you do it this way?
To prevent spam and protect our members against other unsavory elements. I've lost count of the spammers whose messages never reached their intended audience because of our registration policies.

Our policies also make certain that users registering an account for the sole purpose of posting hate speech or other materials that violate the Terms of Service never reach a public audience.

I made a legitimate post 2-3 days ago. Why hasn't my registration been approved yet?
Christian Gamers Alliance staff is comprised entirely of volunteers. That means there are sometimes delays between users registering and Moderators approving posts or Administrators approving registrations. Please bear with us.

If you're in a hurry to have your registration approved, please send an e-mail to forums AT cgalliance DOT org.

I'm a forums Moderator. How can I help?
Watch your respective forum or forums for moderated posts. You'll see this icon:
moderated.gif
in the bottom right corner of all moderated posts. You can check the checkbox in the top right corner of moderated posts, select Approve posts from the Moderator dropdown near the bottom of the page, and click Go.

After you've approved at least one post from a new user, send a (PM) private message to the Christian Gamers Alliance Forums Administrator (Lloren) and Staff Manager (cgdoc519).

This will help speed up approval of new registrations.

Conclusion
I'm going to lock this thread and sticky it for a while. After I think most forum users have seen it, I'll un-stick it and add it to our Important (stickied) Christian Gamers Alliance forum threads thread.

If you have any questions about our registration policies, please created a new thread with your question or add your question to an existing thread on the topic.

EDIT: And just so you all know, this is not a new policy. Far from it. There's been an announcement at the top of most (if not all) the CGA forums for a while now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back