Straturday

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
We've all had our time to eat a well-balanced breakfast, watch our morning cartoons, and type our opinions on 26 anime series.

What say we get together and play some strategy games?

Here's what I have installed:
  • Darwinia
  • Dawn of War
  • Dawn of War: Winter Assault
  • Heroes of Newerth
  • League of Legends
  • Multiwinia
  • StarCraft
  • StarCraft: Brood War
I also have a copy of WarCraft III and WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne on hand.

I have currently have (as in I can still find the CD after I moved rooms :p):

Dawn of War 2
DoW2: Chaos Rising (willing to do 3v3, Last Stand, or Co-op)
CNC3
CNC3:Kane's Wrath
Red Alert 3 (willing to do Co-Op)

Just Installed:

- Dawn of War 2
- Starcraft/Brood War

Waiting for:

- Company of Heroes/Opposing Fronts/Tales of Valor

Can Play:

- Heroes 3/Heroes 5: TotE

Last edited:
Pretty good night tonight, had a fun Last Stand/ Co Op / 2v2 in Dawn of War 2, and Tek got some Starcraft wins with Elihu. I'll work on finding my other RTSs this week. :)

I might be tempted to join ya but unfortunately I only have Starcraft and not the expansion. I don't think my strategy ever evolved beyond staggering lines of siege tanks either XD.

I might be tempted to join ya but unfortunately I only have Starcraft and not the expansion. I don't think my strategy ever evolved beyond staggering lines of siege tanks either XD.

I don't think my strategy ever got more thought out than when play protoss. I zealot rush, and I'll either win crazy fast or die a horrible death. Any of the other races I just kindof roll with whatever strikes my fancy... SC is made for blobbing, so I'll blob all kinds of crazy stuff and die in all kinds of crazy ways.

that's what happens to me in dawn of war.

wait.

i have dawn of war. i will keep this in mind.

i have all the expansions, but even though i have the disc for *soulstorm* in my possession, i can't use it, because steam is stupid

Last edited:
Pretty good night tonight, had a fun Last Stand/ Co Op / 2v2 in Dawn of War 2, and Tek got some Starcraft wins with Elihu.
Yes indeed!

We played three matches against computer opponents. We won the first, lost the second, and pwned the third.

Good times, good times.

/bump

It's Straturday again!

If you're interested in playing StarCraft, League of Legends, or Dawn of War 1 today, send me a message on Steam, Xfire, or any other popular instant message network. (See my forums profile for my IM IDs.)

I'm hoping to at least get a game or two of StarCraft in before the evening, so if you've got it installed and want to play, let me know.

did you guys play anything? I was out of town.
Elihu and I played a 2v2 StarCraft comp stomp (and proceeded to stomp comps). Much fun was had by all humans.

Saturday gaming?

So what's up with this, Tek? Is there an official Saturday gaming session now? Are you guys playing just during the day or in the evenings? I would love to get in on some good rts gaming. The best chance of me gaming would be evening, although there are times when I'd be able to get in an hour or two on a Saturday afternoon.

Off topic: Thought you drifted off into the nether Luvdiscgolf nice to see ya still around :) .

So what's up with this, Tek? Is there an official Saturday gaming session now? Are you guys playing just during the day or in the evenings?
Yes, it's an official event, though it's not as structured as our other weekly events. The event lasts all day and starts whenever Tribe of Judah members start putting groups together to play strategy games.

I plan to play in the afternoon, since I tend to spend my late Saturday morning handling administrative duties and my wife gets home from work around 5-5:30 p.m. Central on Saturdays. But I'm just one strategy game player. :)

As the event picks up speed, we should see more people joining in and more matches set up across more games.

So how does everyone get in touch when they fire up their pcs on a random Saturday - Steam or Teamspeak or something?

Gerbil - I plan to be on TF2 tonight once I get the kids in bed, I just haven't been on the pc much lately...it's a combination of having a terrible cold for the last two or three weeks which has prompted getting more rest and also I got Borderlands for my xbox 360 and have been gaming with friends from work, and on top of that my wife picked up more hours at work so I take care of the kids almost every evening because she's at work. We're trying to get rid of our last credit card bill to actually be debt free, woohooo! There'll be a party when that happens...hopefully sometime next year(I'll invite you all to Fargo, ND for a barbecue, lol) But, I plan to try to be around online a bit more because it's really nice to game with fellow Christians. :)

So how does everyone get in touch when they fire up their pcs on a random Saturday - Steam or Teamspeak or something?

Gerbil - I plan to be on TF2 tonight once I get the kids in bed, I just haven't been on the pc much lately...it's a combination of having a terrible cold for the last two or three weeks which has prompted getting more rest and also I got Borderlands for my xbox 360 and have been gaming with friends from work, and on top of that my wife picked up more hours at work so I take care of the kids almost every evening because she's at work. We're trying to get rid of our last credit card bill to actually be debt free, woohooo! There'll be a party when that happens...hopefully sometime next year(I'll invite you all to Fargo, ND for a barbecue, lol) But, I plan to try to be around online a bit more because it's really nice to game with fellow Christians. :)

Cool debt free wish I was there! Don't sweat TF2 or gaming I'm just pleased to see you stopping in at all :) . I could make a list of Toj guys that you never see around here anymore and I am sure Tek could make a really loooooooooong one.

That is an excellent question.

So far, the few members participating in the event use various methods of communication (i.e. Steam, instant message, text messages), but there's no central or "official" method of arranging games--and it may work out best that way.

Straturday is different from all other weekly game events in that it doesn't revolve around one single game, but rather an entire genre of games. One member may instant message another and arrange a game of StarCraft. Another member may message three or four others on Steam and arrange a game of Dawn of War II. A third member may log in to TeamSpeak and wait for other strategy gamers to pop in.

Since Straturday is unique as an "umbrella" game event, it may make most sense to have a "Straturday lobby" channel on TeamSpeak where members can log on, join the conversation, figure out which games they want to play, and then move to a different channel once the details are arranged.

For those (like me) who prefer text chat to voice chat, there are two promising options: the ToJ Steam Community Group chat room or our IRC channel, #toj on GameSurge. I would personally prefer using the IRC channel, but I'm not picky.

So let's discuss: How do you all want to get together on Saturdays and arrange strategy game matches?

Teamspeak

It seems like Teamspeak would be a reasonable way to connect, at least initially. It's really nice to have a way to chat with other players on your team no matter what kind of game you're playing.

Ok ok.. I can take a hint, I'll work on the TS3 server today after school. ;)

My rts game list:

C & C Red Alert 2
C & C Yuri's Revenge
C & C Generals
C & C Generals Zero Hour
C & C 3 Tiberium Wars
C & C Red Alert 3
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2
Dawn of War
Dawn of War Winter Assault
Dawn of War Dark Crusade
Haven't seen my Starcraft discs yet, but I'll keep looking; it never was my favorite anyway.

Back