Next Tribe of Judah game server

What do you want the next Tribe of Judah game server to be?

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Counter-Strike: Source

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Something else (post a reply in the thread to list your preference)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm indifferent (null vote to view results)

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
If Tribe of Judah could have one more game server, what would you want it to be?

Cast your vote.

EDIT: Poll will close in just 3 days (on June 27, 2010).

Last edited:
Four things:
  1. Tribe of Judah has a Battlefield Series Chapter and several members that actively play Battlefield: Bad Company 2. ToJ does not currently have a BF: BC2 server.
  2. Christian Crew (a fellow Christian Gamers Alliance affiliate) has 6 Counter-Strike: Source servers (admittedly, not all of them stock gameplay). Granted, I'm not sure whether CC allows multi-clanning (membership in multiple clans); Tribe of Judah does, but last I checked, Christian Crew does not. And even though Christian Crew has multiple TF2 game servers, our own server still sees plenty of action. Also, if Valve's updates to CS: S spark enough renewed interest in the game among ToJ members, there's a good chance we'll dust off our Counter-Strike Chapter and, for that, we should have a server.
  3. The poll is not the sole deciding factor for choosing the next game server. It will definitely influence the decision, but it's not guaranteed that the game that wins the poll will be our next game server.
  4. The server would be based in New York, not Chicago.
Vote how you want and please feel free to argue your case (in a civil manner, of course) in the thread. I just wanted to throw those 3 things out there.

Last edited:
I voted for CS:S however, I did that for 2 reasons...CS:S is a game I would be able to play before I could play BF:BC2 due to cost and because I didn't read your second post before voting... Now knowing that CC has 6 servers for CS:S makes me want us to have a BF:BC2 one...

I would say a Bad Company 2 server would be better used because A) it's a new chapter B) we'd be one of the only Christian servers (last time I checked there was only 3 or 4), and C) there's plenty of Christian CSS servers out there, not sure how many people actually still play CSS when compared to the recent games like L4D2 our TF2 and D) it will allow our members to kick griefers, practice our flying skills, or have our own personal nights free from frustration.

Last edited:
I voted CS:S, but BC2 is probably the better way to go. I read keeros post, and think that a bc2 server would be more useful :)

Its quite tough but the fine points would suggest it.

ToJ having a CS server again has been a long time since the old days.

But really, old game diminish.

Its like if Blizzard refined Starcraft and everyone wanted to go a currently decade old game. Hahaha...

BC2 would be the wiser choice.

- Destructibility
- Customized options
- Drivable Vehicles
- Quite entertaining

Well looks like a few of us want to recast our votes a bit.. LOL :) I still say PLANTS vs Zombies, but nnoo one cares about the zombies that are invading the back yard and the cute little plants that are there to fend them off. hehe

Last edited:
my only reason for my vote is I own CS:S and I have fond memories of Couterstrike.

Never played CS...so much talk about it makes me want to pick it up though.

May I be honest to those who are basing their votes on fond memories of CS, talking about CS, etc.?

Are you actually planning to regularly play CS?

Not asking for anyone to respond or even change their votes. I just think people should be basing their vote on their actual playing activity rather than memories and talk. Memories and talk don't fill up a server.

And I am asking BF:BC2 regulars to be voting with that standard in mind as well.

I actually do wish to change my vote...lol...which would make it 5 (CS) to 8 (BF) as of this post...lol...

May I be honest to those who are basing their votes on fond memories of CS, talking about CS, etc.?

Are you actually planning to regularly play CS?

Not asking for anyone to respond or even change their votes. I just think people should be basing their vote on their actual playing activity rather than memories and talk. Memories and talk don't fill up a server.

And I am asking BF:BC2 regulars to be voting with that standard in mind as well.

This is why I would retract my CS vote if I could :)

I haven't voted yet, will probably wait till the last day to do it.
I like to be a bit of a miser when it comes to spending my money, on account that I dont get any income, I just have a 30 dollar nest egg for games.
CS:S would be cheaper right now (14$), BFBC2 is a more newer game with fun stuff, but it is expensive (50$).

If I could I would try to get out of buying anything at all, but when the time comes I'll cast my vote and hope for the best.

(looks over across the hall at Keero mouthing the words "vote bad company")

*sighs*

Actually, there are several BF: BC2 servers on the ChristianGamerServers.com directory.

There has been only a few times, they played on their server. :(

Plus, their rules is too strict and not enforced as well.

Gamers4God, I'm referring.

Last edited:
Well, it turns out the poll may be entirely futile. If the information I've received is correct, EA only allows licensed companies to host Bad Company 2 servers.

Will there be an option to have my own dedicated server? Yes, DICE will have trusted partners with datacenters worldwide that you'll be able to rent a dedicated server from ensuring you always have a quality server in your region.
Source: Dedicated to our PC Players!

:(

Vote for the game you want, but know that it may all be for naught.

My apologies; I'm so used to working with Valve game servers that the possibility of this restriction never even crossed my mind.

Fail, EA. Very fail.

I'm of the opinion that we don't really bother with another server right now. I would suggest that we wait until there's a game that comes out that we've got a lot of people really fired up about. That way when the game's fresh and everyone's playing, we've got a server we can go to and call our own.

Now what that game is, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back