Minecraft

I...umm...I...am...I...errr...

/gathers self

This "game" is truly compromised of a WIN that I could have never expected...but something I do not understand... What is the difference of Classic and Alpha...the site is rather confusing...

Last edited:
I...umm...I...am...I...errr...

/gathers self

This "game" is truly compromised of a WIN that I could have never expected...but something I do not understand... What is the difference of Classic and Alpha...the site is rather confusing...

I believe classic is the original build of the game while alpha is the current release that is being worked on.

I was wondering when someone would post a Minecraft thread. And here it is!

Minecraft is an excellent game. If we ever get server hardware set up perhaps we should set up a server and make some interesting stuff.

The difference between Classic and Alpha is that Classic is free and functions more as a sandbox for making structures or exploring, while Alpha requires a purchase, includes more features such as crafting and is more of a survival mode where balances building with fending off monsters.

It's definitely worth the $10, and y'all should buy it before it enters the next stage of production and gets more expensive.

P.S. The interface on the site isn't the best, so if you sign up, be particularly careful to enter the right email address, since you only enter it once and as of right now there appears to be no way to change it.

Last edited:
Minecraft is an excellent game. If we ever get server hardware set up perhaps we should set up a server and make some interesting stuff.

The difference between Classic and Alpha is that Classic is free and functions more as a sandbox for making structures or exploring, while Alpha requires a purchase, includes more features such as crafting and is more of a survival mode where balances building with fending off monsters.

It's definitely worth the $10, and y'all should buy it before it enters the next stage of production and gets more expensive.

P.S. The interface on the site isn't the best, so if you sign up, be particularly careful to enter the right email address, since you only enter it once and as of right now there appears to be no way to change it.

10 euros, not dollars. Which is $14

This week I will be testing using the Classic Server...looks pretty easy...and like a lot of fun... :)

Well...for some reason my router is not letting me forward ports, and I don't have the time or motivation to install DD-WRT...so looks like I won't be able to host a server :(

I don't get it.

?

I am debating purchasing the game, and using a work around to make a dedicated server from my computer... The "Classic" version is a old version that doesn't offer much to do... The "Alpha" version is still in heavy development and currently offers a ton of stuff to do...and building with blocks in a randomly generated world never gets old... especially when you do it with friends... :)

I am pretty sure I am going to buy the game here in the next few minutes...but just getting home from a long day of mandatory overtime (man, I am really bringing this up everywhere :p ), I am not sure I am in my right mind...but...I thought about all the fun things I could build and all the fun mini games I could create all day at work today...

I just scored a 2 year old computer for free from my inlaws...they got a new one... I will be turning it into a server, and will set up both a Minecraft (Classic) and Minecraft (Alpha) server up on it...however, the Alpha server will be the more important one, and if the Classic one goes down it might be a day or 2 before I get to it... You must pre-order the game to access Alpha... I will provide more details later... :)

Here is a house/building I made.

Its a hollowed out mountain with lots of windows :D

FrontofMinecrafthouse.jpg

Back