Seeking additional monthly donations

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
As we get closer to selecting a dedicated server hosting plan, I'll need to know what the community can donate on a consistent monthly basis.

If you're interested in donating $5 or more a month to Tribe of Judah to bring and keep a dedicated server online, send me a PM with the amount you're willing to pledge.

As always, we ask that Tribe of Judah members donate ONLY after paying all bills and tithing to your local church. Please be fiscally responsible. Donations are NOT necessary and will NEVER be necessary for membership in ToJ.

Tribe of Judah has not (yet) been established as a non-profit organization, so donations would not be tax deductible. There are long-term plans for establishing a ToJ NPO and these plans would be pushed forward if it would mean increased donations.

In order to select and start renting a dedicated server as quickly as possible, please contact me via PM by if you are willing to donation $5 or more each month toward ToJ's expenses.

EDIT: For more information on how to set up a monthly donation to Tribe of Judah, please visit the Support ToJ web page.

Last edited:
I've received only one reply by PM so far.

As stated before, the dedicated server hosting plan we select will be based primarily on the amount members donate each month.

The holidays are over, January is ramping up, and it's time for us to expand our opportunities to encourage other Christian gamers and glorify God through gaming. Our game servers are an essential part of that mission and it takes money to run those servers.

Last edited:
So far, 3 members have pledged donations totaling $20 per month. A big thanks to those members!

According to current estimates, we still need an additional $130 per month before we can start renting a dedicated server without spending more than we receive.

To put that in perspective: If 26 members donate $5 a month or 13 members donate $10 a month, we would meet our goal, have sufficient funds to rent a dedicated server, and be able to increase the number of game servers we could run.

More game servers means more "homes" for Christian gamers, more opportunities to serve as representatives of Christ to the larger gaming community, and more fun. :)

So if you're interested in donating $5, $10, or more a month to help us reach our goal, please send me a PM.

Last edited:
/bump

Only 8 days left in February and only 3 Tribe of Judah members have pledged monthly donations since this thread was posted 3 weeks ago.

I'm not calling for painful or crippling donations. I'm not asking those who (like me) are currently unemployed to donate. I've been, as always, abundantly clear that members should donate only after tithing to their local church.

I'm asking members to consider donating $5 or $10 per month. Pack a lunch instead of eating out. Skip that soda at the vending machine 3 or 4 times and drink water instead. Skip Starbucks once. (That should cover the $10 a month donation.)

It shouldn't take a lot from a few. It should take only a little from many.

/bump

January's coming to a close and I'm going to be busy come February.

If members don't step up and donate, we can not move from renting individual game servers to renting a dedicated server (which, as stated before, would allow us to host many more servers and provide greater flexibility on what game servers we host).

If we don't make significant progress on our goal this week, there's a good chance the project will get shelved until March or April. Members are still welcome to donate during that time, but my involvement will be severely limited.

is there a re-curring payment feature?

ive taken a pretty large pay cut recently and i dont play games that much anymore but i believe in this place so the donations should be coming through soon

ive taken a pretty large pay cut recently and i dont play games that much anymore but i believe in this place so the donations should be coming through soon
I don't want to cause financial stress for anyone. I understand that the economy is in bad shape right now (I've been looking for full-time employment for 2 years, believe me, I know), so if you or any other donors run into tough times, know that there'll be no sore feelings if you have to cancel your donations. Paying the bills and tithing to your local church, as always, comes first.

And with that disclaimer out of the way: Thank you very much, sir. :)

Back