ALERT: CGA TeamSpeak 3 server offline until security fix

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Due to a TeamSpeak 3 security flaw (explained here) and lack of a TeamSpeak Server Operator (despite calling for a volunteer for the position for months), the CGA TeamSpeak Server is offline for the time being.

Information on the security flaw can be found here, but I'm currently unavailable to research and resolve the issue.

If any trusted members of the community would like to volunteer to help, please send me a PM and I'll reply with the account information necessary for troubleshooting.

Thanks to help from DannyMeister and testing help from ewoksrule, the security issue has been identified and resolved. The CGA TeamSpeak Server is back online!

This seems like as good a time as any to mention that the TeamSpeak Server Operator staff position has been vacant for several months now. I've done what I can to keep the servers upgraded and secure, but I can't afford the time to maintain the servers on top of all my other admin duties. Factor in that I'm preparing to be a first-time father before month's end and you can understand how important it is for me to delegate tasks like updating, maintaining, and securing the TeamSpeak server.

If interested in serving as our TeamSpeak Server Operator or helping the community in other ways, please view our Help Wanted thread.

Oh, and don't forget, we still use the CGA Status blog to report service outages. Bookmark it, add it to your RSS feeds, and check it any time you have issues with any services (web site, forums, TeamSpeak) the CGA maintains.

Back