CGA TeamSpeak 3 Server closing down at end of June, moving to Mumble

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
In an effort to build a larger and more active real-time community for Christian gamers, I've decided to close down the CGA TeamSpeak 3 server at the end of June and promote the CGA Mumble Server as a unified voice chat server for the CGA community.

I understand some community members prefer TeamSpeak 3 over Mumble, but I ask that everyone please trust my intention is to build a bigger and better "home" for Christian gamers.

(After all the hours I invested in the initial configuration of the CGA TS3 and later fixing permissions--both of which were nightmarish--it turns my stomach to make this announcement, but I believe this decision is in the best interest of the community.)

For information on the CGA Mumble Server, please visit this thread. (Information about the CGA TS3 Server will be removed from the thread when the server goes offline.) Visit this thread for Mumble troubleshooting.

Posting to show support.

Also...I really gotta get on Mumble more often... especially now that I have a nifty gaming headest. haha

Thanks, guys.

For the record: I like TeamSpeak 3 from an end-user perspective. I just opted for Mumble because it represented our best chance at One Voice Chat Server to Rule Them All.

TS3 and Mumble are both nightmarish from a Server Operator perspective, but the worst (I hope) is past us now that the Mumble server is installed and configured with a real-time server viewer to go with it.

Side note: If anyone is interested in making the Mumble server viewer prettier (Please! It's so drab!), just post a reply or send me a PM and I'll respond with more details.

Back