Server Refresh \ Starting Over

blsimpson

All,

This has been a hard decision, but I have decided to wipe the server, and start over from scratch. This will happen sometime soon, after the release of 1.3.
I have also decided to drop the management of Keikiville, and dedicate the server to ToJ only.

Current Tribe of Judah Members:
What this means for the server:
Archiving current server setup, and starting completely over. New map, new plugins, new everything.
There will only be a max of 4 worlds, so hopefully less lag.
Server Whitelist = ToJ members only. This would allow us to recruit from other places. Something we havent been able to do, because there hasn't been a whitelist.

What this means for you:
You get a say in how the server is set up. You get to submit plugins to add, and if majority wins, it will be added.
If you currently have (ToJ) in front of your name, you will automatically be added to the whitelist.
I know there has been alot of work done in the current ToJ world, so it will be brought up for a short time to allow inventory and possibly creations, to be moved.

As of right now, these things will not be changed:
Server Software: Craftbukkit
Server Management Software: McMyAdmin

Plugins that are mandatory, and will be installed by default:
PEX - Permissions Manager
Worldguard - Multiple protections
Worldedit - Needed for Worldguard
Dynmap - Dynamic Map on the Web
Hawkeye - Griefer tracking (hopefully wont need..)

Current Keikiville players (non-ToJ):
What this means for you:
You will no longer be able to connect to the server on mc.mykeiki.com. If you wish to continue to play with your friends from ToJ, you will need to go through the process, just like the rest of them.
I do understand that we have some under-age (under 13 years old) players, and the requirement for joining ToJ is at least 13. I appologize for any inconvienence that causes.
I dont have a problem archiving the current worlds, and putting them up for download somewhere, if there is a want for that.

Keep watch here as more info comes out. This wont happen overnight, there will be plenty of time to figure out what needs to be done.

May I make a suggestion?

(For those of you who do not know me, I am the first Admin of the ToJ server, and the one who got this whole thing rolling.)

I run a private server for just me and my friends, some of my friends used to play here on the ToJ server (including myself). One of the biggest complaints I have heard, is door protection, and how it completely kills from the social aspect. I just suggest that there not be a way to lock protect doors. Chests is understandable, but doors? I don't see the point. You are just hiding your awesomeness from the world. :D

May I make a suggestion?

(For those of you who do not know me, I am the first Admin of the ToJ server, and the one who got this whole thing rolling.)

I run a private server for just me and my friends, some of my friends used to play here on the ToJ server (including myself). One of the biggest complaints I have heard, is door protection, and how it completely kills from the social aspect. I just suggest that there not be a way to lock protect doors. Chests is understandable, but doors? I don't see the point. You are just hiding your awesomeness from the world. :D

Great suggestion. If a locking plugin is voted for, we will discuss that. :)

D: NOO!
That stinks

That a no for the suggestion, or the wipe?

1.3 should be out soon, like, either next week or the week after that. All they're doing on snapshots is bug fixes. I'm all for the wipe, most of my stuff was in Pridelands anyway. I've been playing mostly single player in the Yogbox or messing around with snapshots, but this wipe might make it worth playing multiplayer again.

so is everybody gonna loose all of their items?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???
im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad.... :'(''''''''''''''

so is everybody gonna loose all of their items?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???
im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad.... :'(''''''''''''''

I feel that that would be the best thing to do. As I said in the first post, I can archive the worlds and make them available for people to download, if they would like.

With it going back to ToJ only, I might be interested in coming back. What plugins and rules are in place or going to be in place?

With it going back to ToJ only, I might be interested in coming back. What plugins and rules are in place or going to be in place?

The best part of this is we get to suggest and vote on all of them. The plugin thread is here, and there is a rank thread here.

Once the server has been re-done, hope to see you around more :)

Back