Call for donations for dedicated server hosting expense

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
We currently have $194.74 USD in the CGA Paypal account, which means we're $200.26 USD short for our yearly dedicated server hosting expense due Sunday, July 15.

The Christian Gamers Alliance is 100% funded by donations from community members. We do not receive any revenue from advertisements or donations from any organizations or churches.

If you like our forums and Mumble server, consider donating $5 or more to help keep them online.

If you're able and willing to donate AFTER tithing to your local church, please send donations via Paypal to donations AT cgalliance DOT org.

God may choose to bless you financially for your donations. Then again, He may not. It's entirely up to Him whether He does so or not; we can't force His hand.

What I do know is that this is a great community and dedicated server hosting, like so very many things, requires money to keep goin'.

Our account is sitting at $214.15 USD as of July 7. We have 8 days left and $180.85 left to raise.

On a related note: Has anyone encountered any issues donating via Paypal? I received two e-mails with a link (that leads to a 404) and the following:
If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Testimonial:
I contribute $5 a month and then some because I believe in this community and have been here for like..... a long time...... as a part of the community I really encourage you to help participating in helping the CGA . Heck $5 is like a triple shot toffee nut latte at starbucks....... so you could prolly buy a $.50 cent cola and then give the CGA $4.50 .....

:D

What games are played from the dedicated servers?
None at this time. The dedicated server runs our forums and our Mumble server. We outgrew shared hosting years ago and we've been with Abba Communication ever since.

With 4 days left before our billing cycle ends, we have $351.80 USD in our Paypal account. Only $43.20 USD left to go! Huzzah!

The deadline was 2 days ago, wasn't it?

I'm still waiting to hear back from our dedicated server hosting provider about possible rate changes, but last I checked, we were about $40 short of our $395 goal.

Okay, we have a new goal and a new deadline: $530 USD by Tuesday, July 24.

We currently have $402.85 USD in our Paypal account, leaving $127.15 USD to raise in 3 days.

I'm confident we can do it!

EDIT: $420 (a $25 per year increase over our previous bill and not at all unreasonable) of the bill goes toward a year of dedicated server hosting while $110 will cover the expense of migrating to a newer, better server.

Last edited:
Okay, I just checked and we have $429.55 USD in our Paypal account, meaning we have $100.45 USD left to raise in less than 24 hours.

The last $110 of the $530 bill isn't strictly necessary, but it would pay for our dedicated server hosting provider to handle the migration from our current server to a better server. Lloren, Joshinator, and I would still be working to get Mumble back up and running on the new server as quickly as possible on our own.

Last edited:
We didn't hit our $530 USD goal by the deadline, but we were able to pay the $420 invoice for a year of dedicated server hosting. Lloren, Joshinator, and I (but mostly Lloren) will be handling the software side of the server migration when the time comes.

Thanks to all who donated and remember that you can always sign up to give a donation every month. $5 a month = $60 a year = 1/7 of our yearly dedicated server hosting expense!

I want to bump this:

We really need the support to make this place happen and we do our best to have things run as smoothly as possible. Its awesome that Lloren and Joshinator and Tek have worked hard on migrating and do server upgrades and whatnot, but we gotta do our parts and one of the best ways we can do that is by financially giving. I've also tried to get the CGA-aStore to bring in some income but that has been pretty minimal and in the last couple months I admit I havent done the best at it, but I really would hope that we can get some folks to donate $5 a month, its seriously the easiest thing in the world to just get paypal going and auto-withdraw $5 a month. Just $5 and you know that the $5 isnt going to administration fees either.

Back