Restructing Titles

Icthus

I have prayed since our last meeting about the possibility of altering our structure.  I have possible idea for you guys to think about and comment.  This plan is not a business or adademic model it is a spiritual biblical model. Based on the principles of our servant savior.  This is not heirarchical in that the upper guild ranks rule over the lower.  When we make decisions as a body we do so with everyone's voice taken into account.  

What I have done here is help you find a way to plug into the guild and build not just us but the body of Christ.  We all play this game for fun.  I go to work to work, I play to play.  We do not ever want to get away from that aspect of this game.  So, with that in mind let me present this idea:

9 - Sheep This is an entry level for all who are interested in our guild. This will give both us and the recruit the chance to make sure we are the right spot for them.

8- Disciple
This position is for the average member.  If you log just to play and want only that this is the rank you will have as an adventurer (non-crafter).  It is my hope that each disciple would adopt a sheep to help teach them the ways of Knights of the Trinity.

7- Artist
This postion is for the average memeber that crafts and desires to be known as a crafter.  It is similar to the disciple but focused on crafting.

6- Guild Artisian or Merchant
This is for Artist who have helped to take on a few sheep and guide them in the ways of KoT.  They have also shown a desire to aid not just KoT but Albion as a whole.  

5- Mentor
Similar to the Guild Artisian, this person has taken a few sheep and helped them become disciples.  He is now working on helping those disciples grow in KoT.  He could be helping with gold or leading in adventures or advising.  He or She has become a Mentor to others.

4- Teacher
This postions is for those how have helped a few disciples become mentors.  The are more involved teaching mentors and in helping to run Bible Studies and Guild events.

3- Ambassadors
These are individuals who are helping KoT interact with the outside world.  They are involved in our Alliances and in uniting with like minded guilds.  They also helpus to find fellow Christians to increase our numbers.  They can do this in game or by posting to various DAoC boards.

2- Champions
These are leaders.  They have developed a passion for some part of the game: RvR, Power Leveling, Dugeon Crawls, ToA, Bible Studies, Service Events, Consignment merchants, Guild Vaults, or anything else.  These individuals are expected to organize and lead events for our people.

1- Apostle
This is a special catagory for leaders and special indivduals who have become less active or have been on a lay off after leadership.  It is a postion of honor. They have in some way be a significant part of building KoT.

0- Shepard Pastors
This will be a council of 3 to 5 Spiritual Leaders.  They have shown spiritual maturity in decisions and lifestyle.  They meet some biblical qualifications for leadership as well.  They can be men or women.  They will help to guide the guild with wise counsel as we make decisions. They will also help to mediate any issues that may come up.  They are true servants of KoT.

This is a suggestion. I would also recommend you have to be nominated for positions based on service to others. I beleive this is a biblical model for doing christian lives in groups.

I remind you this is not meant to be a law or over structure of our body. We should deal with each other based on our relationships and our love of Christ and each other. I do not expect this to be a massive change in what we do. I hope to give some order to our group to facilitate some expansion of the Kingdom of God, not the kingdom of Icthus.

I've been keeping up with the posts on the message board, and miss you all very much. Icthus, You seem to be doing a wonderful job as a leader, and I know it's hard to replace such wonderful leaders from the past. This looks like a wonder setup, and a great idea for the guild!

As for the kingdom if Icthus, can I be your jester?!?!

I am Moniere McCulaugh, last of the clan McCalaugh, brother of Rayen.

I miss you all. Good luck in your journeys!

OK by me Icthus, I don't think it is a major change.

I'm trying not to be in the "1" category but many of us in KotT are I'm afraid
smile.gif

I like it Icthus, especially that each position has attached expectations that give everyone set goals to work toward, and be held accountable for.

/wave to Moniere!!! How are you doing bud? I like it alot Icthus
smile.gif
Moniere would make a great jester in my opinion.
wink.gif

A ranking structure that allows for people who just want to play can play, but also for those who seek to do more. It is open to all areas of service, and gives people something to strive for and keep up. I like this as it provides for a variety of gaming styles. For naming sakes, I might suggest the following:

guild artisan or merchant : artisan merchant

And I might suggest this:

shepherd pastors : judges (because that was God's placed leadership before Israel's time of kings)

But other than that, I think its awesome!

I understand the judges name, but think New Testament wise Shepard Pastors fits what we are doing. I also am found of word pictures and Shepard Pastor is the role I see them playing, not Judges (granted that is due to a lack of understanding of the OT judges not your meaning).

Back