what about mentally disabled?

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
ok i was thinking and people with autism or other serous mental conditions, are they truly able to make a disicion for Salvation, and with taht said i believe to a certain point in a humans life they become "aware" and can be fully responsible for their actions (i.e. a 5 year old cant be condemned for they have no idea what their doing, but a 13-14 year old can be for they know what is right) so therefor would a mentally disabled person automatically go to heaven anyways or what??

hmm... it depends on their actions and their ability to think. just like kids. some of their minds don't go past a 10 year old's POV.

SilentAssassin said:
hmm... it depends on their actions and their ability to think. just like kids. some of their minds don't go past a 10 year old's POV.
exactly so do they get a free pass to heaven in a figuire of speech?
[qoute] Hmmm...you know what, that is a good question. Kudos, I've never asked myself that. [\qoute] lol i thought bout it a few months ago and figuired since they cant go past say 10 years of age they cant really be help responsible therfor they go to heaven when they die

I have always been told that you must realize you are a sinner in order to be accountable for salvation. Therefore, babes in the womb, children or the mentally handicapped would not be held accountable. I found this site and I believe he explains it well.

http://www.russpickett.com/basic/ageofact.htm

Knowing that God is Love and therefore fair in His dealings with us, I do not think those that are incapable of understanding would be held accountable.

You know whats a better idea than making assumptions, ask them!

Ask a disabled(mentally/physically/socially/psychologically/etc.), if they know the difference between God and Satan, or if they are going to Heaven/Hell.

And before anyone or an admin/admins, thinks this is threating, I should point out, I've been around with disabled people since I was born.

Last edited:
I don't think that decision is purely cerebral. It requires a deeper conviction of mind and heart, even if you aren't a very intelligent or rational individual, you can still reach it.

Back