Bible Verses!!

SirThom

Hey everyone,

I am looking for some bible verses for a project of mine. All you need to do is put down your favorites here!

Also...please try to number the verses as well as you can. So if I start with four verses, then you start at #5, and so on. And, please try to avoid duplicates.

Thanks!! :cool:

1. “In the world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” -John 16.33

2. “Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son the Lord your God disciplines you.” – Deutoronomy 8.5

3. “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.” – John 5.19

4. “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.” – John 5.24

5. “Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid.” – Proverbs 12.1

6. “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight” – Nehemiah 4.14

7. “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 - hescominsoon

8. “And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.” Matthew 7.3-5 - Plankeye

9. “You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” – Galatians 3.26-29

10. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” - Galatians 5.1

11. “…the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” – Galatians 5.22-23

12. “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.” – Romans 8.1-2

13. “You have heard that is was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” – Matthew 5.43-44

14. “…in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” – Matthew 7.12

15. “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. …” – Matthew 10.34-35

16. “…whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” – Matthew 18.4

17. “If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you.” – Matthew 18.15

18. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment.” – Matthew 22.37-38

19. “Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” – Matthew 27.46

20. “When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, ‘Surely he was the Son of God!” – Matthew 27.54

21. “When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. ‘I am innocent of this man’s blood,’ he said. ‘It is your responsibility!” – Matthew 27.24

22. “Don’t be alarmed,’ he said. ‘You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.” – Mark 16.6-7

23. “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he is risen!” – Luke 24.5-6

24. “And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” – Matthew 28.20

25. “Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.’ At once they left their nets and followed him.” – Mark 1.17-18

I like that one because then I can remember that I'm not the only one who has ever been discouraged, because at one point I know that even Jesus was.

26. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

27. As for me, behold, I am in your hand: do with me as seemeth good and meet
unto you. Jeremiah 26:14

28. Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such
things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:5

29. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be
as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson,
they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

30. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep; for thou, Lord only makest
me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

31. For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked
shall fall into mischief. Proverbs 24:16

32. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication
with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts
and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6~7

33. And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's. I Corinthians 3:23

34. For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear
not; I will help thee. Isaiah 41:13

35. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you
faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour be glory and majesty, dominion, and power,
both now and ever. Amen. Jude 24~25

36. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by
Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

37. Is anything too hard for the LORD?...Genesis 18:14

38. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will,
and it shall be done unto you. John 15:7

39. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we
ask or think according to the power that worketh in us, Ephesians 3:20

40. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall
receive. Matthew 21:22

41. Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty
things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

42. ...I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:34

43. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain
mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

44. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and
longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? Romans
2:4

45. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy
unto all them that call upon thee. Psalm 86:5

46. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our
transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12

47. Who shall separate us form the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or
distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are
accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved
us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor
principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor heigth, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us
from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35~39

48. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts
of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will
hearken unto you.
And ye shall seek me and find me, when you shall search for me with all your
heart. Jeremiah 29:11~13

49. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap,
if we faint not. Galatians 6:9

50. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. I Peter 5:7

51. Confess your faults one to another, that ye may be healed. The effectual
fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

52. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
James 4:10

53. Ye are of God, little children and have overcome them: because greater is
he that is in you, than he that is in the world. I John 4:4

54. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee
from you.
Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands ye sinners:
and purify your hearts, ye double minded. James 4:7~8

55. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians
4:13

56. If God be for us who can be against us? Romans 8:31

57. And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it
was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
James 3:22~23

58. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come
again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. Psalm 126:5~6

59. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire,
wanting nothing. James 1:2~4

60. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God
is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but
will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to
bear it.
I Corinthians 10:13

61. But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God. Psalm 31:4

62. NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm
119:105

63. Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Philippians 4:4

64. Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work
in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6

65. Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of
thine heart. Psalm 37:4

66. And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt
offering; so they went both of them together. Genesis 22:8

67. Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own
ways before him. Job 13:5

68. We love him, because he first loved us. I John 4:9

69. To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and
them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.
I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another,
neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:7~8

70. Come, let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us;
he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. Hosea 6:1

71. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own
understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:
5~6

72. The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth
them that trust in him. Nahum 1:6

73. A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 25:11

74. But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD; he is their strength
in time of trouble. Psalm 37:39

75. But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall
mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall
walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

76. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of
witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset
us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1

77. I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1~2

Last edited by a moderator:
*eyes spinning* mine's simple... adding it now... it's in religious.

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." -- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Last edited:
I am considering SA's 78 and counting! I needed some focused time in Scripture and I truly love writing and typing it out. Somebody stop me! LOL It's all so very good :)

79. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. II Corinthians 12:9

80. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:16~17

81. Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

82. And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was also able to perform. Romans 4:21

83. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:1~2

84. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Isaiah 40:29

85. For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Acts 17:28

86. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly John 10:10

87. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1

88. In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind. Job 12:10

89. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Romans 8:6

90. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. I Corinthians 2:7~9

91. The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD endureth forever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:8

92. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Psalm 32:1

93. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Trust in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength. Isaiah 26:4~5

94. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13~14

95. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

96. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

97. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

98. And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. I Samuel 15:22

99. Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1:1~2

100. And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have loved. Psalm 119:47

101. BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. Psalm 119:9

102. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

103. For God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ dies for us. Romans 5:8

104. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

105. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:9~11

106. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them.
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. Psalm 139:17~18

107. He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love. Song of Solomon 2:4

108. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not, knoweth not God: for God is love. I John 4:7~8

109. Jesus wept. John 11:35

110. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen. I Timothy 1:17

111. O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
Psalm 34:8

Hey tombo, here you go. I'm not sure if you've seen thisone, cuase i forogt to add it in earlier. i'ts upthere but i want ot amke sure you've seen it

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!

Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." -- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

lol

i thought it was favorite "verse" - as in singular, none plural...which is hard to do anyways. Within that context...

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you. He will quiet you with His love; He will rejoice over you with singing!" Zephaniah 3:17

He said that he was looking for verses, and favoriteS, so verses he got! :p I was just only trying to type the whole Bible for you, Sir! lol :)
You said you had a project...I am curious, can you tell us what it is? Are you looking for any specific verses, as in on a certain subject? And the last nosey question, do you have all that you need? There are many more great ones where those came from :)

It's a Bible Verse of the Day script for one of my projects [which I can't disclose right now]. I know there are tons of these types of things out there, but A. I think that it would be neat to get the community's favorite verses, B. I like to do the coding myself :D

If you feel like contributing more, then go ahead, but I have plenty for now :)

That is a very blessed idea! I don't think you can ever have too many of Scripture anything. Each person that has accomplished something like this has different ideas, talents, and artistic abilities. I am sure yours will be unique!
Hmmm, daily...365 needed...:)

Last edited:
Marcylene said:
Hmmm, daily...365 needed...:)

Theoretically, yes. :D

But the script will attempt to pick one that hasn't been picked already, so we'll be set for 111 days :p

If you wanna do more, go right ahead and I will add them in with a smile on my face. :cool:

I will update this thread once you can see where this script is going, too.

Actually, 112, don't forget the one that 7F gave you. Alrightyyyyy then! I am reserving this spot for 112 ~ 200. If anyone adds, I will go back and take the duplicates out of mine. From here starts 201.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

---

I missed Marcy's number 71...so its already in the list, I have to find a new one :(

Last edited:
Back