My Testimony

[toj.cc]phantom

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
About three years ago I became a real Christian. What I mean is that, I told people I was, I went to church, etc. But I had never been saved. After going to church one day with my cousin I saw a poster with a picture of Jesus on the cross. The picture said, “I love you this much.” (Many of you have probably seen this picture). Once I got home I picked up a my dad’s bible and started to read;
LUK 23: 39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
LUK 23: 40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
LUK 23: 41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
LUK 23: 42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
LUK 23: 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

HEB 13:5 I will never leave you or forsake you.

I then realized that no matter were you are and what you have done God will always forgive you through Jesus Christ. I was always afraid that if I got saved and did anything wrong that God would leave me and wan't nothing to do with me anymore. But as Heb. 13:5 shows He won't no matter what you do as long as you come back to Him. That very day I accepted Jesus as my savior and have been following Him ever since.

I know this isn't one of those fancy testimonies but I thought I would share it with you guys.

Last edited:
I think that thoes things never really do anything .... :p

I TRULY realized what God was giving at hm.... I don't know, DEFINATELY last summer @ BAYYF... Lol. Otherwise, my life was like a gentle morph into being a REAL christian... *i was raised christian*

That is awesome Phantom; that's really great to hear.

SA, my testimony is a lot like yours. I grew up in the church and around a Christian family. Fortunately, I found out that no one is born into Christianity; it's something we all have to find out ourselves. Also, just because you go to church doesn't mean you're following God. Since I came to that realization I've accepted Christ and have renewed my relationship with Him twice, and I still have a lot of humbling and learning to do!

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing with us phantom. lol Not a fancy testimony! Funny! Look at it like it is the greatest, most beautiful testimony ever! It is yours! And there is someone going through the same thing that will/may need to hear this at some point in time. Have you ever heard the expression, No man is an island? Everything in our lives has a purpose, including our own unique way that the LORD wooed us!

Awesome.

Every testimony is equal, because each one arrives at the same place. My wife accepted Christ at an early age, and doesn't have the dramatic "I was an alcoholic when I was saved and God healed me of it" flair that my testimony does... but I think hers is wonderful for all those church kids who may never have trusted Jesus.

Each testimony can relate to someone in some way. It may not have a burning bush like Moses or a voice from Heaven like Saul... but how many people have seen that exact same portrait and never thought about it? I'll bet the answer is "a lot more than have seen a burning bush". : :cool:

I became a real Christian.

Theres a fake Christian? :confused:

"I was an alcoholic when I was saved and God healed me of it" flair that my testimony does... but I think hers is wonderful for all those church kids who may never have trusted Jesus.

Isn't that a bad example for the kids? The kids(or when grown up) have to have something wrong just to get saved and healed?

Each testimony can relate to someone in some way.

35 - 75%, yes...(My estimate)

Even, testimonies, dont have the whole truth and nothing but the truth, scenarios.

Corpfox said:
Theres a fake Christian? :confused:

What I mean is that I acted like a Christian and did things that made me seem like one but I really wasn't.

ex. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian, just like going to a sporting event doesn't make you an athalete

Back